General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

test drove an 01 LS1 A4

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 12:05 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,727 Likes on 1,239 Posts

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by jpat1023
I am about tired of people talking down on automatics...if you can't "feel it" with an A4 then maybe your *** is numb...

That's a good one!
Old 09-10-2006, 12:08 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well they looked a few days old.

yea its a 2 way stop, the sub has the right of way. but when my girl came out of the stop she saw the suburban a ways back.

i dont know.. i just told her shes never going on my insurance
Old 09-10-2006, 12:53 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by @nthony
well they looked a few days old.

yea its a 2 way stop, the sub has the right of way. but when my girl came out of the stop she saw the suburban a ways back.

i dont know.. i just told her shes never going on my insurance

If noone knows what happens its your girl's fault, sorry
Old 09-10-2006, 01:44 PM
TECH Veteran

sucks too... she barely got her license a month ago.

edit: my gf told me that she heard the lady say to another lady that she could've hit the brakes and prevented the accident but chose not to.

she didnt tell the cop that either.

Originally Posted by Stanger88
If noone knows what happens its your girl's fault, sorry

Last edited by @nthony; 09-10-2006 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:08 PM
TECH Resident

Damn man, that sucks. Had the car for 2 hours and then a burning vagina rammed her?? Sorry man...
Old 09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm really sorry about what happened and hope that your girlfriend is fine but I'm confused. The way I'm interpreting it is this woman in the Suburban could have hit her brakes but decided not to. Why on earth would you choose to not stop an accident?
Old 09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yeah I dont understand that either....I dont see how someone can just plow into the rear of someone, when they had time to react.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Veteran

thats what my girl heard her say... she didnt want to hit the brakes, she chose not to hit them.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MetallicBluews6
Beleive me. I have both and a Stock LS1 feels alot stronger than an LT1, low end or top end.
Yep, same here.
Old 09-10-2006, 09:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 2KThunder
Yeah I dont understand that either....I dont see how someone can just plow into the rear of someone, when they had time to react.
It's called PMS, a hormonal imbalance, and/or not the right amount of Prozac/Zoloft/Paxil/Celexa.

I'll go out on a limb and guess the woman driving the Suburban was between 40-55.
Old 09-12-2006, 01:57 AM
Teching In

actually that lady was between 40-55...she hit me hard...and she did tell a so called "witness" that she could have hit the brakes and prevented the accident but that she chose not too...and y are women drivers so bad? i mean sure about 90% of them are bad...but i love driving...i have been driving since i was 11 or 12...and i love cars and chevy and just showing up any men that think that all women drive like ****...cuz when i race them and beat them i love seeing the pathetic looks on their faces when they see that a woman beat them(this comment is not to all men..just to those who cant admit that some women actually have more ***** than men)...but honestly idk what happened with the accident...the impact from it i received was so strong i cant make out what happened...
Old 09-12-2006, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

dont argue with her!!! she will kick my ***

yes, she found ls1tech

Originally Posted by 99camaroZ28girl
actually that lady was between 40-55...she hit me hard...and she did tell a so called "witness" that she could have hit the brakes and prevented the accident but that she chose not too...and y are women drivers so bad? i mean sure about 90% of them are bad...but i love driving...i have been driving since i was 11 or 12...and i love cars and chevy and just showing up any men that think that all women drive like ****...cuz when i race them and beat them i love seeing the pathetic looks on their faces when they see that a woman beat them(this comment is not to all men..just to those who cant admit that some women actually have more ***** than men)...but honestly idk what happened with the accident...the impact from it i received was so strong i cant make out what happened...
Old 09-17-2006, 04:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm a proud M6 owner, but if you are wanting to build an all out drag car, you can't beat an automatic. I got the M6 because I still get 25 mpg on the highway, something you can't do in an automatic car with a stall and a motor similar to mine. And I do like slamming gears as well...
Old 09-18-2006, 12:57 AM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That sucks man, but regardless if the accident could have been prevented, if you fail to yeild, its your fault. In this case, her fault.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:15 AM
11 Second Club

hahaha bigdaddybry!

i know why she would have just hit someone, because it is california and most of the natives there are stupid *****.
Old 09-21-2006, 09:48 PM
On The Tree

Hey man , its a female I mean a female thing. The bitch was probably talking on her friggin cell phone. The only thing worse & more dangerous than a WOMAN driving a suburban is one driving a eighteen wheeler. Sorry to her of your girls misfortune man , thats a real downer.Get a good lawyer and sue the panties off the bitch, then go get her a newer Z-28 & have money to mod.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Veteran

im gonna sue her and have her do my laundry for my troubles

update: DS was knocked out of the trans, i dont know how, control arm on pass side (hit side) was ripped right off of the bushing. and body panel is done for.

car is getting pained hugger orange.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Why not put it up on ramps before she buys it?

Just a side note, but presenting the buyer with 60 $100s would be hard to say no to. Money in hand is a hell of a negotiator.

Im with BigDaddyBry 100% I'd check it out before it purchased, if its solid as believed then the seller won't care one bit. And too the $20 bill thing is a good idea as well...As far as the M6 Vs. A4, Ehh who cares, its your girls car right? I know how ya feel about a manual, thats why i searched and searched for mine, but for a girl im sure she'll like havin an auto...
Old 09-22-2006, 01:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i didnt even force her to get it.or even want her to get one. she wanted it by herself...my girl said she had alot of time to cross, so it seems like the lady had time to ******* stop.

she had an 05 SS impala with the LS4, a scion, and an 01 impala V6. she wanted the camaro badly.

yea shes traumatized right now too. scared to drive it and all.

the car wasnt on insurance yet. only had been 2 hrs since she bought it.

Uhh Hmmmm smothing(s) doesn't add up here. Okay you said a few times that she was scared of the car this that and the other about it being fast right? (sounds like it was pushed on her, BUT i'd be guilty of the samething if my GF was looking for a new car too) Now you ALSO said she has had quite a few cars in her past. Well hmmmm lets seet here Impala, Scion and another Impala..thats 3 cars, one was an '05, WTF happend to THOSE cars?? Did they get totaled too?? And you also said that (and i quote)
???

Now etheir shes...

A) runnin a demolition derby down on main street with her cars or

B) ...my friend she just ain't the shapest knife in the drawer

C) What you ment to say was "she just got her license BACK a month ago" (i.e. again reverting back to option A...or B....or D OR she really has a really sh*tty drving record to begin with...)

D) All the above

I am very sorry about what happend. I do hope she is okay, and i mean it!!Not tryin to pis anyone off, but this whole story sounds like theres somethings were left out...and here come the flames
Old 09-22-2006, 01:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rob MAs
far as the M6 Vs. A4, Ehh who cares, its your girls car right? I know how ya feel about a manual, thats why i searched and searched for mine, but for a girl im sure she'll like havin an auto...
Yeah cause autos are for girls.

Someone should have told that to these guys when they built an auto that went 6.86 @ 205 in the quarter mile

Quick Reply: test drove an 01 LS1 A4