General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

'01 SS or '01 WS6

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 01:33 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get the WS6. If the price is the same that is. I know out here WS6's go for a lot more than a SS would. I am not disapointed with the WS6 one bit. You will love it. By the way, go with black.
Old 09-14-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Lets put it this way....did you already find one of each? If so....just weight options vs price, and of course compare mileage. Get the car that's been modified the least.

I like the looks of both of them, the WS6 has the nicer optional seats that you can't get in the SS, that's about the only think that I wish my car had.

Manny
Old 09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by 1sickta
WS6 is batmobile wanna be
Old 09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by ALTRDTA
Get the WS6. If the price is the same that is. I know out here WS6's go for a lot more than a SS would. I am not disapointed with the WS6 one bit. You will love it. By the way, go with black.
By the way--go with white....
Old 09-14-2006, 02:03 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 02 Camaro SS
Despite the fact that the only difference is how they look, the Camaros tend to be a little lighter than the Trans Ams because the spoiler and stuff like that weighs a bit more but they are otherwise 100% identical. It's pretty much a matter of which one you think looks better and what's the best deal you can find.
same ****...just different fenders, different tail, different lights....different wheels....just cosmetic stuff like that, get whichever one looks better to you (that depends on color combo as well) ANNNNDDD whichever one you can get a better deal on...i'd go with a ws6 but thats just me...good luck either way you will have a badass car
Old 09-14-2006, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Stanger88
Dude, everyone knows the SS has a vette motor and the WS6 just got a regular trans am motor.

*runs*
That has to be the stupidist ****'n statement I've ever heard anyone make! Their both GM and F-Bodies! GM owns both Chevy and Pontiac! Same ****'n car right down to the 10mm bolts that hold em together. The only difference is in the body style'n. Same ****'n motor(TB, Intake, heads, block, crank, CAM, pulleys), tranny, rear diffs/gears, and ECU too dumb ****!

It basically comes down to which body style you like the most bro! Thats it!!
Old 09-14-2006, 02:48 PM
12 Second Club

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
That has to be the stupidist ****'n statement I've ever heard anyone make! Their both GM and F-Bodies! GM owns both Chevy and Pontiac! Same ****'n car right down to the 10mm bolts that hold em together. The only difference is in the body style'n. Same ****'n motor(TB, Intake, heads, block, crank, CAM, pulleys), tranny, rear diffs/gears, and ECU too dumb ****!

Umm... his comments were a joke. Unless your comments are also a joke in which I would have to say, good joke.

Actually the WS6 has a different hood and therefore Ram-Air. The SS has a functional hood, but is only a cold air intake, it doesn't force the air in. And these posts get old, but we all read it He may be legitimately clueless and needs help.

Brian
Old 09-14-2006, 02:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1sickta
WS6 is batmobile wanna be
Old 09-14-2006, 03:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ I'd say pretty damn close
For the record I prefer the Batmobile look over the catfish one
Old 09-14-2006, 03:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

at this point, i'd say whichever one you can get the lowest mileage and best price.

the styling of the ws6 is clearly better.

i like my interior door handle red LEDs.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 00PewterSS
Umm... his comments were a joke. Unless your comments are also a joke in which I would have to say, good joke.

Actually the WS6 has a different hood and therefore Ram-Air. The SS has a functional hood, but is only a cold air intake, it doesn't force the air in. And these posts get old, but we all read it He may be legitimately clueless and needs help.

Brian

I wasn't joking!

Hoods are different,. yes. But the hoods are desighned for the same effect. "Ram Air" was the original "nick-name" give'n in the mid 60's for what is now more commonly known as C.A.I.. The only reason why WS.6s bear the words "Ram Air" is because Firebird 400s and GTOs bore them also. Its done in a sence,... out of tradition and respect for the original Pontiacs that started it all. Thats it. I know this because my last car was a 1968 Firebird 400.

-WS.6 hoods unfortunatly come from the factory with heavily restrictive rain deflectors that can be removed by the owner if he has the *****. Saw-Zaw does the trick. ;-).
-SS hoods do not have the rain deflectors(to my knowledge) due to the direction of the incoming air. The air is channeled into two passages from the scoop on top of the hood and then dumped from two sides into an empty space in front of the air box on the SS.(no need for rain deflectors) Where as since the WS.6s entry point for its "Ram Air"/C.A.I. is directly in front of the air box, I can understand Pontaics decission to add Rain Deflectors. Consider it an insurance policy if someone decides to throw a bucket of water into the passage.(like that happens often).

Chevy calls it C.A.I. and Pontiac calls it "Ram Air" but in the end,.its just a different label for the same damn thing.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

He was Joking. Your the dumb *** that didnt get it.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Batmobile or catfish, I like them both but I'm more in favor for the catfish.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:37 PM
TECH Addict

Alright! You already stated that jack ***! I just said..... that I WASN"T! Whats your deal? I didn't get the original joke so I made a statement based on what clearly appeared to me to be a dumb statement/joke.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Oatmeal
Batmobile or catfish, I like them both but I'm more in favor for the catfish.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:44 PM
TECH Addict

Holly Crap!! lol,. It does look like a cat fish.

I never understood that statement til now. How ****'n funny.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Good morning boys and girls! Can you say "panties in a bunch"? I thought you could.

Price/mileage/options/looks. I love my SS, but I damn near fall out of the car when I see a WS6 coming down the road, or stopped across the intersection. I've been pricing WS6's. Of course, I've also been pricing Z06's. Neither one gonna happen.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JohnnyC
I'm shure glad I got the SS because my SS does'nt look like a catfish to me.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:58 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gtarist
Good morning boys and girls! Can you say "panties in a bunch"? I thought you could.

Price/mileage/options/looks. I love my SS, but I damn near fall out of the car when I see a WS6 coming down the road, or stopped across the intersection. I've been pricing WS6's. Of course, I've also been pricing Z06's. Neither one gonna happen.
I was under the impression that SSs were worth more than a WS.6.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Launching!

I was under the impression that SSs were worth more than a WS.6.
Not around here there not. WS6 are worth quite a bit more in utah as far as I have seen. As well as on ebay. I am not just saying that because I own a WS6, but because I just bought it, and I was in the market, and I have seen the price difference... lol