General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Vehicle Shipping

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006 | 12:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Vehicle Shipping

I tried using the search for the past day or two and it has not been working for me so I'm out of patience and just going to make a thread.

I live in Arkansas and I'm looking for an LS1, but there aren't hardly any LS1's around here for sale and if they are they want outrageous prices for them. So I intend on expanding my field but I don't have the slightest clue about anything to do with vehicle shipping.

I would like any suggestions on what service to use, what kind of prices am I looking at and how long it takes for the company to pickup the car and get it to my house. Like I said, I don't know anything about it so if you have any suggestions or if I left out important questions let me know.
Old 09-14-2006 | 02:54 PM
TECH Addict

From what ive read on here Id say anywhere from 4-8 hundred to ship a car depending on the company, but I would recomend taking a few days off work and going and seeing it, I would never buy a car without seeing it in person
Old 09-14-2006 | 03:09 PM
TECH Addict

yea, roughly 6-800 from the quotes I got and thats quite a ways out (like 6 states away)
Old 09-14-2006 | 03:15 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

It is easier, and less stressful, to purchase a car in person. Send them a non-refundable deposit for $500-1000 if you really like the car and think it is a good deal. Then buy a 1-way flight ticket to their city and buy it in person. Drive it home with a smile.
Old 09-14-2006 | 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
It is easier, and less stressful, to purchase a car in person. Send them a non-refundable deposit for $500-1000 if you really like the car and think it is a good deal. Then buy a 1-way flight ticket to their city and buy it in person. Drive it home with a smile.
Well if its halfway across the country or more it might be worth it to keep the mileage off. And depending on what car you want to purchase, I know theres some people on corvetteforum.com that might go look at the car for you, thats what im trying to pull together.
Old 09-14-2006 | 03:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

I used a shipping broker called Best Rate Frieght,they were the lowest one I could find 2 months ago,hope it's okay to post it in here.Hopefully that helps ya.
Old 09-14-2006 | 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

I was actually thinking about, if possible, finding someone who lives in the same town as the car that is here on ls1tech that might help me in checking it out for me. But I've also thought about just flying to it as well. Does anyone have any recommendations for a shipping service?