General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

lights out...

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2006 | 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

Default lights out...

I was working on my windows the other day and I ran my battery down because I could not figure out how to turn my interior lights off w/ the door open. How do you do it?
Old 10-05-2006 | 05:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless your switch is on they should turn of automatically-at least mine do.
Old 10-05-2006 | 07:41 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

After a door or the hatch is open for more than 20 minutes, that's when the interior lights should automatically turn off. If you close one or the other and open it again, the whole process starts all over again.
Old 10-05-2006 | 07:52 PM
TECH Resident

I only had one door open the whole time and the lights never went off. I think there is some way to change the mode, and thats what I want to know. I tried what it said the the manual but maybe I misread it because it didnt work. Any ideas?
Old 10-05-2006 | 07:59 PM
Banned

I believe almost all recent GM cars have a battery rundown protection feature built into the car. My 98 T/A definitely has it, one time I left the dome light on all night by accident (pushed the dimmer switch up too far), and at some point, when it started draining the battery too much I suppose, the car turned the light off.
Old 10-05-2006 | 08:09 PM
10 Second Club

To access the options for the lights, you have to pull the radio fuse in the inside panel, turn the key all the way off, then turn it to acc, back off and do that for a total of 3 times. The car should ding at you 3 times to let you know its in setup mode. But... there is only an option to edit exit lighting and delayed illumination which is what happens when you get in the car, pull the key out of the ignition after driving. There is no option to tweak the actual curtosy lights.

Originally Posted by TransAminal
I believe almost all recent GM cars have a battery rundown protection feature built into the car. My 98 T/A definitely has it, one time I left the dome light on all night by accident (pushed the dimmer switch up too far), and at some point, when it started draining the battery too much I suppose, the car turned the light off.
Yup, mine has done that too.
Old 10-06-2006 | 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Remove the negative battery cable.