General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: How many speeding tickets have you received?
0, and trying to keep it that way
34.24%
1, traffic school time
21.74%
2, can't believe I got another one!
7.61%
3, damn cops!
9.78%
4, I drive fast a lot
2.17%
5+, I was born with a lead foot
24.46%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

How many speeding tickets have you received?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 09:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

None here, though I've been pulled over 4 different times. Got out of every one, Just be nice and you would suprise yourself on what you could get away with.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 87formy
...so, uhh..just out of curiosity...How would I go about doing 93 in a 25??
One pair of tickets was for a motorcycle accident (many, many years ago, young and stupid) where I was run off of the road by an officer while doing 125 in a 25 (leaving a long mall entrance at 3am after mall security decided they wanted me and the bike off of the property). He hit the lights and cut in front of me (I didn't realize it was a cop until the lights came on) and I hit the brakes, stood the bike up (I was in a turn) and clipped a curb (destroyed the bike, I walked away, if you can call it that). I had just slowed down to 125 from somewhere in the mid 150 mph range, so it could have been worse. I was charged with "Willful and wantful disregard of the law" and "no motorcycle endorsement" (I never grandfathered the bike endorsement in on my license). I landed in 3 foot tall, wet, grass and slid a couple hundred feet before I finally stopped. Learn from my mistake and DO NOT try this at home.

I was a friend of the officers sister and a friend of the family (he cooked us breakfast at 2am on Christmas one year while his police dog laid in the middle of the kitchen floor wanting attention), he told me later that he didn't realize how fast I was going or he wouldn't have cut over (and I didn't want to hit that cruiser).

So, as stated, going 93 in a 25 isn't difficult at all. You just have to put in enough effort.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Rancor352
None here, though I've been pulled over 4 different times. Got out of every one, Just be nice and you would suprise yourself on what you could get away with.
I agree 1000% with you. Though one night an officer was chasing us out towards the Mason Dixon drag strip (115 in a 45, headed down Dual Highway in Hagerstown, MD and out towards the strip) and hit a deer in the process. We passed him (coming towards us, we didn't see him though, it was dark and about midnight or so), he missed us with the radar gun, but spun around and gave chase anyway. He never turned on his overhead lights (dumb and probably illegal) and passed a car on the shoulder at speed (????????). In the process, he clipped a deer that was by the guardrail or jumping over it (not sure). When we turned right at the Sheetz store out there at the light, he turned on his lights and pulled us over (my friend in front of me stopped too, though he just got his license back that week..... ). There was no way of talking my way out of those. He said he missed us on radar, but chased us at 100+ mph for the last few miles ("I think we both know how fast you were going"), wrote me for improper passing (didn't signal when going around a car, at that speed, it didn't matter much) and "Speed greater than reasonable" and dared me to take it to court. He seemed pretty pissed off about the deer......

Sometimes you just have to face the fact that you are going to get a ticket (or two).....
Old 10-20-2006, 11:02 AM
Launching!

I woulda gone to court for sure. Sometimes just showing up to court can get you out of tickets if the judge is cool.

I was guilty as sin once and the judge dismissed it - the "fees" just happened to be the exact same amount as what the ticket would have been. They really only want your money most of the time anyways.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

So does your insurance usually go up as soon as you get a ticket. Ive heard some people say that as long as you dont change your plan they wont find out.
Old 10-21-2006, 04:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

lol,........I just got my now 13th speeding ticket it this car a few days back and my insurance is currently 396 a month! lol

FireSilverLullaby.........just saw your Cardomain. you keep your car look'n clean. Nice!

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 10-21-2006 at 04:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had about 10 over my 23 years of driving. The last 4 I beat. It helps having a familiy member who is a cop up in my area. I have been pulled over a number of times when I have not even gotten a ticket. I know a lot of the cops up by me. I'm careful not to be driving fast on regular roads. It is typically highways where I will get pulled over and it's always for speeding. I don't street race or do burn outs or other attention getting things but back in my younger days I did. Lost my license twice when I was 16-18. Both times due to excessive points.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Never got one that counted in either of my camaros. Got one if the camaro in a different state once so who cares. I was hauilin too. 3 in 5 days once in my loud *** baby blue prelude. 1 on my bike and few in my civic. All in all I have gotten ticketed for probably 6 moving violations. Pulled over way more times than that and let go or given tickets for exhaust lights out stuff like that.
Old 10-22-2006, 01:41 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

I've only had one ticket for basic speeding. That was in 1996. I just paid the fine, didn't bother with traffic school. My insurance rates never went up. It was for 45mph in a 30mph zone.

My next ticket wasn't until 1998, and that was for drag racing (or at least it should have been). But luckily the cop helped me out and reduced it to "squealing tires at a red light". He was a very cool guy.

I've been pulled over many times though, but other than those two instances, I always got out of the ticket (knocking on wood)...
Old 10-22-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i go my first and only ticket 22 hours after i bought my first ss-83 in a 35. cop asked me what was going on and i told him that i had just bought the car, my buddy asked me for a ride and i was showing off. he said that he could relate and wrote me for 55 in a 35. cost me $160, but had he written me for the full 83mph, it would have been $692, plus he could have impounded my car.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have one speeding ticket, and it was for 60 in a 55. Yes, 5MPH over. Cost me a whopping $48.00
Old 10-23-2006, 06:37 PM
TECH Apprentice

I need an option of zero, but can see one coming my way very soon since I've already been pulled over for 75 in a 55, and find myself speeding all the time ...Think I'll get pulled over if I keep it to 10 over? Or maby I can flash my sexy man ***** (all muscle of course) to the fuzz and get out of it, or better yet, I'll keep a nice stash of dounuts in the car

Edit: Dammit I just read the post above me and being pulled over for 5 over is really stupid
Old 10-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Launching!

I haven't had any tickets soo far. ( Knock on wood!) I am 20 years old and have owned my car since august 05. I have been pulled over once and was given a warning for going 52 in a 45. My fault cause i was given it a little gas to get up to speed. Hope to keep it at 0 very proud of that.
Old 10-23-2006, 06:59 PM
Staging Lane

Too damn many to count! License has been suspended twice.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

I went 9 years without a ticket, but since 2001 I seem to manage about 1 a year So far my insurance hasn't gone up though.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my license has only been suspended once... but i got 8 tickets....

1. normal speeding ticket for going 90 on the freeway
2. normal speeding ticket going down a hill
3. abnormal speeding ticket going over 100
4. normal speeding ticket... but this is the only time where i wasnt actually speeding, the cop said he tailed me but i know he didnt cuz i had just done a u turn... bastard!
5. exhibition of speed for skeet skeet skeeting my tires going into second
6. going 'hella fast' in a 25 zone
7. normal speeding on freeway (85) on the way down to santa barbara for halloween weekend
8. speeding at 95 on the way back up from santa barbaras halloween weekend.

i also flipped my Z28 while i was on the freeway going around a turn at 75 when my tire popped. (cops verified my speed by tire marks) ...i guess

then i lost my license for 6 months and got a civic when i got it back. i have since learned that i shouldnt speed!!!! ...so to reward myself i got a 383 stroker LT1. talk about self control...
Old 10-25-2006, 12:19 AM
TECH Resident

Lets see...

First off I am a junior in college or 20 yrs old... I have gotten 1 ticket which was a 67 in a 55...Went to court and found out I was only clocked at 64 in a 55 in my 1999 Monte Carlo Z34 (red so it stood out I guess ) so the damn highway patrol wrote me up for more than I was actually clocked at, and to top it off I had only owned the car for 2 f*ckin days, and I had owned a 94 Z28 right before that which I was stupid in and sped over 130 mph all the time and never got pulled over... ( i have since learned to not risk others and myself).... In my LS1 no tickets, and I am proud of it...I control myself and am smart and safe about my driving. The only time I speed on main roads is when everyone else is going over the limit and I just "go with the flow."

At 20 almost 21 years old I have no desire to raise my insurance rates, and do not take the advantage of having my parents as having them as the primary drivers of my car. I do speed now and then, but only when I feel it is safe for me and any other drivers, and LEAVE THE FAST DRIVING FOR THE DRAG STRIP AND BACKROADS when there is no traffic around.

In my Opinion (IMO) when you own a naturally fast car, there is no need to prove it, but rather have the sense of knowing you actually are lucky to own one and enjoy the power and performance it has when it is safe for everyone.
Old 10-25-2006, 12:24 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by FL01SS
Every two years. But hopefully no more since I got a radar detector!
I got 2 after I bought mine.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:46 PM
On The Tree

One day when I was seventeen I borrowed my brother's 2001 B4C Camaro and was going to take three of my friends to the movies in Bloomington, Indiana. We were running a little late but good thing we were in a time machine. When I got to a section of the highway where it split (divided by woods - going uphill) I got on it. I got up to about 90mph, changed lanes (using my signal), and proceeded to go 120mph or so. As soon as the highway came back together I was standing on the brakes. So I drive for about five miles and see a state trooper in the other lane. He turns around in the median and comes my way. I was like "haha somebody is going to get a ticket." I get off on my exit and see that the trooper is right behind me. I go for about a mile and he flips his lights on. I was very confused to say the least but I pulled over. He comes up and asks me how fast I was going. I was honest and said 66, which is what my cruise was set at (if you have ever driven to Bloomington, Indiana from Indianapolis you know how much people speed on SR37). He proceeds to tell me that an UNMARKED, OFF DUTY, RED, FORD TAURUS had radioed ahead and said that there was a Camaro going in excess of 70mph. I was really amazed at this point. I couldn’t find the registration since we had just bought the car a couple months earlier FROM THE STATE POLICE AUCTION. So he went back to his car and looked it up. He had to see that the car used to belong to the state police. I was thinking he might give me a break, as we helped support his organization by buying their car, but I was just dreaming at that point. As he was sitting there I saw a red Ford Taurus pull up behind his car. He got out and talked to the trooper for a bit and then he got back in his car with his wife and drove away, starring me down as he drove past. The trooper came back and gave me a ticket for 66mph in a 55mph. I hadn’t had any tickets prior to this one. Till this day my dad doesn’t know what really happened. I told him I was going 66mph but just left out the part where was going double that for a while. The moral of the story: WATCH OUT FOR RED FORD TAURSES. So you just have to watch out for ¼ of all the cars on the road today. That sounds easy, right? That damn Taurus cost me $170.
Old 10-25-2006, 03:14 PM
10 Second Club

1: 76 in a 65.... it's already off my record

Quick Reply: How many speeding tickets have you received?