General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

C6 ZO6 and GT500 argument

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 05:24 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jpat1023
If by morons you mean members of this site with over 1000 posts and many others around 500, then I guess I understand.

But if by morons you mean car enthusiasts who enjoy the discussion, even argumentation, over really nice American made automobiles, then I think 'morons' could be the wrong word...
Nope...morons was the right word choice.
Old 10-18-2006, 05:27 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by StoleIt
What I find amusing? The fact that you put that much effort into it. It's a persons personal taste and opinion which you are trying to change. Much like when a Democrat and a Republican get into an argument, no matter how well their arguments are, neither will win.

So to sum this all up, this is why I don't go around trying to convince other car fanatics that my car is better than theirs (which many times it isn't anyway).
True that! You said it best brother!
Old 10-18-2006, 09:51 PM
TECH Regular

wow.. that is ignorant.. maybe if it was the z51 vs a gt500.. but not the z06. there is NO comparison. i have changed the minds of a couple of my friends.. one who used to be a die hard mustang fan..... untill i took him for a couple rides in my car.. and let him drive it. now he has me trying to find him an f-body.. and another on of my friends who lived by the "american cars are pieces of ****" saying.. now he goes by "fords are pieces of ****" in conclustion.... gt500=mustang= everyone has one. get something cool.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

There is a guy on Svtperformance.com who run 11.3@125ish with nothing more than a tune, 4.30's and tires... Thats pretty dam impressive for a 4000lb pig! Id buy one
Old 10-19-2006, 04:18 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1charged
yeah, i use to live in MI, and when i went back there to visit family, i noticed/ heard Gm closed down like 4 of there factories in lansing. but the reason why i was ripping on ford more about it is because they just think there so freakin awesome and there sports cars are worth 6 figures, and u dont see them trying to give deals like all the other manufacturers are. and i know u people have prolli heard about Gm and ford TALKING about merging which would really **** me off.
Well personally I think the Ford GT is totally worthy of the price tag.

Now PERSOANLLY I prefer the Z06 as a car, but the Ford GT certainly looks far more exoctic, has some real racing pedigree when it was pretty much the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Has more poise and lust factor than a Ferrari and is faster than a F430, F360 CS and a Z06 around most race circuits.

You don't have to like the Ford GT, but that really doesn't alter the fact of what it is.

And it is a super sexy, highly exclusive hypercar, for mere supercar money.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
Well personally I think the Ford GT is totally worthy of the price tag.

Now PERSOANLLY I prefer the Z06 as a car, but the Ford GT certainly looks far more exoctic, has some real racing pedigree when it was pretty much the fastest thing on 4 wheels. Has more poise and lust factor than a Ferrari and is faster than a F430, F360 CS and a Z06 around most race circuits.

You don't have to like the Ford GT, but that really doesn't alter the fact of what it is.

And it is a super sexy, highly exclusive hypercar, for mere supercar money.
i agree that the ford gt is a pimp car but i dont think its that pimp for $125k+ or whatever there going for, especially if u can get a Z06 for $60-80k (still way out of my price range,lol) and kill practically anything u run into on the street from the factory, and not to mention its backed by GM's 100k mile warranty, u cant beat it.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1charged
i agree that the ford gt is a pimp car but i dont think its that pimp for $125k+ or whatever there going for, especially if u can get a Z06 for $60-80k (still way out of my price range,lol) and kill practically anything u run into on the street from the factory, and not to mention its backed by GM's 100k mile warranty, u cant beat it.
yeah but there's more too it than that.

I mean take Jo public, many of them will not be able to tell a C6 Z06 from a C4. And even the enthusiasts can easily confuse a Z06 with a regular C6 at a clance. Plus it has a drab interior for a vehicle of such a price tag.

The GT is easily recognisbale as something special, even by the dumbest mother f@ckers outhere. It has a much better interior is much more a driver friendly place with a better ride.

This goes for Ferrari's and Lamb's. Sure the cost a lot, but its not just the HP or performance you are paying for, but the exclusivity and hand built quality and attention to detail.

Believe me if PERFORMANCE was your only concern the Z06 is NOT the car to have, it's way out of its depth.

Cars like these are so much more focused than the Z06 and for less money and are in reality much much faster at pretty much any discipline. And they are road legal.

Old 10-19-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I mean take Jo public, many of them will not be able to tell a C6 Z06 from a C4. And even the enthusiasts can easily confuse a Z06 with a regular C6 at a clance. Plus it has a drab interior for a vehicle of such a price tag.

The GT is easily recognisbale as something special, even by the dumbest mother f@ckers outhere. It has a much better interior is much more a driver friendly place with a better ride.

This goes for Ferrari's and Lamb's. Sure the cost a lot, but its not just the HP or performance you are paying for, but the exclusivity and hand built quality and attention to detail.

Believe me if PERFORMANCE was your only concern the Z06 is NOT the car to have, it's way out of its depth.

Cars like these are so much more focused than the Z06 and for less money and are in reality much much faster at pretty much any discipline. And they are road legal.

Nice so where can I pick those 2 cars up? The local auto auction? I have seen the Ultima GTR before but what is the other one?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by unit213

Haha I saw that one coming a mile away...too straight of a line to pass up
Old 10-19-2006, 12:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

hey if thats what your into then so be it, im not going to try to covince u differently because everybody has there own opinion, some people may not agree with what other people think all the time but thats just something everyone has to deal with and get over it, but me.... ill stick with the 427 as my choice.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Andrew1989
In my calculus class, i sit next to a hardcore ford fan. On friday we got in an argument over which was a better car i said ZO6 and of course he says the 500.
I would be willing to bet much money that if you put a brand new Z06 and a brand new 500 in front of him, told him to take the set of keys he wanted and he could keep the car, he would pick the Z06 lol
Old 10-19-2006, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

haha I guess your right...I mean, you are an infallible mod...what was I thinking
Old 10-19-2006, 01:17 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

I don't even see how this is a comparison.

The GT500 in a lot of the tests I've seen is slower and outhandled by the regular C6, and the Z06 w/LS7 is so far above that the GT500 is not even in the same league.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:07 PM
Banned

There sure are a lot of morons in this thread...Does make sense though, we are on a GM forum...

Anyway, the GT500 is a hell of a car for the MSRP of 43k...What dealers mark them up at is a different story, it's them, not Ford, that is marking them up...I've seen 5 people roll out in new GT500's from my work, each coupe went for 87k plus, and the convertible went for 110,000$$$...Sure, people are nuts for buying them at that price, but they wanted it, and they got it...That is the reason for the markup, people want them, and they will pay for them...It separates serious buyers from dream shoppers...I'm a Ford employee, and if I could have got A plan on one, it would be a no brainer...But they are marked up to make the dealership more money, and it's only fair as people are paying the high dollars for the car...

Now whether or not it stacks up to the ZO6, it's still an amazing machine...Sure it's just a mustang with a big motor and a supercharger...What is the ZO6??? Just a Corvette with a Big motor, same thing...I know it's quite a bit different, but it's still a Corvette...Cheap plastic, and a half assed interior...Big deal...Sure the GT500 gets beat stock for stock...Once the aftermarket opens up, this thing is going to fly...Definitely more mod friendly than the ZO6...

Comparing the Ford GT to the ZO6 is a good one, but the GT wins hands down for the thrill factor...It's a Supercar in every aspect, where the ZO6 is just a Corvette....

Now if I had the money, I'd have the following in my garage: New ZO6, GT500, Ford GT, and a Viper Coupe...

stop being tools guys...it's annoying BTW
Old 10-19-2006, 09:02 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

haha I guess your right...
I knew you'd see it my way.

I mean, you are an infallible mod...what was I thinking
FTW!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

These threads always bring out all the morons.

:popcorn:

My car (the one I wish I had) is better!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Nuhh uhh!
Yuhh huhh!
Old 10-19-2006, 10:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by infinitebird
I don't even see how this is a comparison.

The GT500 in a lot of the tests I've seen is slower and outhandled by the regular C6, and the Z06 w/LS7 is so far above that the GT500 is not even in the same league.

I probly read the same magazine you read this out of. The vette was a normal c6 with like 20,000 miles on it, and they even mentioned Very torn tires. Vs a gt500 with 100 miles and brand new HP tires and the c6 outperformed it in every way

comparing the 500 to the z06 is like pissing in the wind
Old 10-19-2006, 11:18 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WsSickLs6
There sure are a lot of morons in this thread...Does make sense though, we are on a GM forum...

Anyway, the GT500 is a hell of a car...went for 87k plus, and the convertible went for 110,000$$$...

What is the ZO6??? Just a Corvette with a Big motor, but it's still a Corvette...Cheap plastic, and a half assed interior...Big deal...Sure the GT500 gets beat stock for stock...Once the aftermarket opens up, this thing is going to fly...Definitely more mod friendly than the ZO6...

Comparing the Ford GT to the ZO6 is a good one, but the GT wins hands down for the thrill factor...It's a Supercar in every aspect, where the ZO6 is just a Corvette....

stop being tools guys...
Just imagine how many aftermarket goodies you can afford after spending $110,000.00 on a GT 500! I can't believe the Chevy morons in this thread would for one second buy the "hard to modify" Z06. What are they thinking? Why buy "just a Corvette" if you could afford the elite status of a MUSTANG for only twice the price! Stop being tools guys!

Last edited by Built LT1; 10-19-2006 at 11:41 PM.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:47 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WsSickLs6
There sure are a lot of morons in this thread...

Comparing the Ford GT to the ZO6 is a good one,
Didn't you mean to say comparing a "supercharged" Ford GT to a "supercharged" Z06 would be a good one?
Old 10-19-2006, 11:59 PM
TECH Resident

I knew you'd see it my way.
Do I have a choice...

Quick Reply: C6 ZO6 and GT500 argument