General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Ticking noice after oil sending unit swap?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 09:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Ticking noice after oil sending unit swap?

Guys,
I just replaced the oil pressure sending unit yesterday. I got the car started and it idled really rough. I found out that it was a vacuum leak and connected the EVAP connected properly, that calmed the idle back down to where it should be. Then I started the car back up and it threw a couple of codes. A U1016, U1064 and a U1096. It detected an engine miss for a second, loss of communication to the PCM, loss of communication with the ICM and one other loss of communication. I figured that the codes were probably just going off because I disconnected the sensors to pull the intake manifold off. So, I reset all the codes and finally drove off, the idle was calm and it hasn't thrown anymore codes but there's this little "ticking" type of sound that increases with RPM not speed. I checked all the connection's and everything is good and tight, I just don't know what else from an intake manifold swap could have started causing a "tick" type of sound???
Thanks so much for any help. This is my first post on this forum, Oh, the car is a 2000 Corvette A4.
Thanks again,
Donnie
Old 10-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Teching In

Smile

Anyone??
Old 10-17-2006, 09:50 PM
TECH Resident

Any chance of this being a tick from the intake?