General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Quick question about pricing

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick question about pricing

I had a thread for selling my 2000 SS, Red, M6, in perfect condition with 38xxx miles on it, completely stock except for a lid/filter. I am in 06896, CT (if it helps) and I see such big differences in prices, I was just wondering what a solid asking price would be for that car, I was thinking 14,000, but now I'm not sure. Any help is apprieciated, thanks.

Oh yeah it has all options except the 12 disc changer, and it has 17 inch z06 rims.
Old 10-24-2006, 08:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LittleSneak1
I had a thread for selling my 2000 SS, Red, M6, in perfect condition with 38xxx miles on it, completely stock except for a lid/filter. I am in 06896, CT (if it helps) and I see such big differences in prices, I was just wondering what a solid asking price would be for that car, I was thinking 14,000, but now I'm not sure. Any help is apprieciated, thanks.

Oh yeah it has all options except the 12 disc changer, and it has 17 inch z06 rims.
if you find the right buyer, sure, but you'll probably be waiting for a while, not to mention the winter months coming, prices normally dip because nobody wants to drive a high powered rwd car in the snow.
Old 10-24-2006, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Would that seem like a reasonable price for the summer or too low?
Old 10-24-2006, 09:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LittleSneak1
Would that seem like a reasonable price for the summer or too low?
it all depends on your arrea, i think that is about right in the spring and summer
Old 10-25-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

In my opinion, if the car was in excellent to mint condition 14k would be a very reasonable price.

First off, location is a big part on the price you can sell a car for. (for example a mint condition car with low miles is more rare in the midwest..my area...than where there is no snow like florida, cali, arizona, etc.. you get the point...or even if the car has never seen snow or EVEN Rain)

Second How many owners has the car had, what color is it, and what transmission is it?

I bought my car in the midwest...IL to be specific, it is a T/A, it had 24k miles on it, WS6 hood, it is a M6, with a brand new borla adjustable cat-back, whisper air lid, dual A' Pilar gauges and a Short Stick shifter AND had NEVER seen RAIN or snow and was a 2 owner car with the ORIGINAL tires and never been to a drag strip. I paid a little over 13.5k for my car and that was a great deal in my area just over a year ago.

I say look at what the average selling price of cars in the SAME condition are in your area, and then go from there. I hope that helps you a little

In the end, IMO if you can answer all those questions I listed I could tell you, but being you stated it is in excellent condition and in the location you stated I think that is a nice price...MY OPINION is that to sell the car and GET WHAT YOU WANT....Don't try to sell it on this site (No disrespect to this site being it is an amazing site) but everyone on here see's too many cars at great deals and is less willing to spend more on a car they really want, I think you should list it on like autotrader or a similar site that may relate to your area and you will have MUCH..MUCH better results. I know there are Die-Hard F-body Enthusiasts and fans on this site, but that does not make it the BEST place to sell a car for what you want to sell it for.

If you have any other questions regarding what to sell your car for I hope I can help so just PM me.

Last edited by YoungGunLs1; 10-25-2006 at 12:50 AM.