General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Got Back from The Body Shop

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 09:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Got Back from The Body Shop

Got my Camaro back yesterday. At first, I was really happy with the job they did but after having it a day I am noticing a few things. When I hit the guard rail, I scratched the paint on my side mirror. After looking at it I noticed it looked like they used a grained brush to cover it up. The pattern of the paint does not match the rest of the mirror. The side molding is also a little off line. The thing that made me really sick was when I was driving home and opened the passenger side window a little and it went down hard. At first everything was fine, but when I tried to put it up there was a gap. The window will barely go down and is not sealing. When I had the accident the window was closed, so it was the first time it was put down and I come to find its all messed up. The side mirror is also pushed in about an inch (just discovered), which is probably causing the difficulty with the window. The new rear rim seamed fine, but I think it is not correctly balanced because it is hoping over ever bump or I could have damaged the suspension in the mile I drove home on the flat. I feel sick.....Also my car's interior smells like primer!
Here are picks of the accident again. And I will try to get better pics of the pushed in mirror:

Old 11-03-2006, 09:55 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Get some pictures up fo the repair, the body shop should warrenty their work, I'd take it back to thema nd present your problems. Was this a shop your insurance suggested to use? Do you have the receipt and quotation?
Old 11-03-2006, 09:58 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Trust
Get some pictures up fo the repair, the body shop should warrenty their work, I'd take it back to thema nd present your problems. Was this a shop your insurance suggested to use? Do you have the receipt and quotation?
Yea, it was the one the insurance suggested. I have all the paper work and I am going to take it back. I don't blame them for the window problem but the paint on the mirror is bad. Also, they gave a good warrenty. I just don't want my car gone for another 2 weeks.
Old 11-03-2006, 10:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Trust me, it'll be better to get it taken care of than to live with it!
Old 11-03-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Get some pics of the repair they should of made sure it was ok on the window going up and down. On the estimate they should of blended the fender and put at least a new skin on the door and that would explain the primer/paint smell in the car. They would have had to cut in the door/paint the inside of it.
Old 11-04-2006, 05:01 AM
12 Second Club

Word to self, dont hit a guardrail.
Old 11-04-2006, 01:48 PM
Teching In

Here's a pick that clearly shows that the mirror is off:

Old 11-06-2006, 09:56 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Could just be too much air in that tire. Did you check the pressure?