General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

shipping body kit, please help

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default shipping body kit, please help

i am shipping a body kit to a fellow member, but when i found out how much it would be i almost died. fedex wants $220 and thats with out the box. the cheapest i found was to put it on a greyhound bus for $83. do i have any other options? please help
Old 11-13-2006, 01:13 PM
NKAWTG...N

Is this an Fbody body kit? (shudders)

But ya usually it will be pretty pricey, you can't fit it in any type of small box. So it goes in a box that is atleast 4ft long and 4 or so feet wide. So that is what is getting you raped on charges.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:29 PM
On The Tree

Did you try fedex ground or freight? Alot of body kits come through my terminal (fedex freight). Might be more expensive through ground.
Old 11-13-2006, 02:49 PM
TECH Addict

Yea usually it will be that much, I know I was goin to ship a hood but it was goin to be over 200 with insurance. The companies themselves get discounts b/c they ship so much but for average people like us were pretty much SOL
Old 11-13-2006, 06:53 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Believe it or not, you might wanna try shipping it through the Post Office. You'd be surprised how much cheaper it is to ship larger packages through them. I do it all the time with car parts & artwork.

Another good idea is if you work for a large corporation (or know someone that does). If it's like where I work, I get the company discount when I ship items through work.

If you're looking for a good rate (other than the Post Office), use DHL if they're available in your area. They give us the best rate at work, and they have great service.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

I work for FedEX Ground and its pretty much the same rate as UPS/DHL. And Espcially with the holidays coming around ***** gonna get crazy!!! So send it now or after christmas!!!
Old 11-15-2006, 05:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Believe it or not, you might wanna try shipping it through the Post Office. You'd be surprised how much cheaper it is to ship larger packages through them. I do it all the time with car parts & artwork.

Another good idea is if you work for a large corporation (or know someone that does). If it's like where I work, I get the company discount when I ship items through work.

If you're looking for a good rate (other than the Post Office), use DHL if they're available in your area. They give us the best rate at work, and they have great service.
YUP...try the Post Office.