General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Gotta love when this happens...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
153 in a 70. The cop DIDN'T ticket me because he was amazed I stopped for him. Driving a '95 9C1 with a 430 HP Aluminum headed LT1. Same situation. Told him straight up what I was doing. Testing out top speed. Since I did it at 3 am, he gave me a warning not to do it again and sent me on my way. Those were the only two times I have gotten out of tickets. Every other time I got screwed. My license was suspended for 7 years once. Within 3 months after I got my license I got 31 points on it. In Michigan, you are supposed to go to a driver improvement class after you get 6 points on your license and it's supposed to be suspended after 12. I had so many tickets in such a short period that they didn't even have a chance to suspend me. When they found out though, there it went!
Suspended 7 years??? How'd you get around?? Let me guess, u drove anyway didn't ya?
Old 11-25-2006, 03:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 608 Likes on 481 Posts

Yeah, that's how I got 4 driving on a suspended tickets. Lucky for me they all got reduced to first offense. I got my **** together though, got my license back in '00 and haven't had any problems since. Funny how dumb you can be when you're a teenager.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:04 PM
On The Tree

153 in a 70 and u did not get a ticket and i got a ticket for a seatbelt thats funny lol around here they would have shot you for that lol
Old 11-25-2006, 04:14 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, ONE of my worst was doing 99 in a 55 on 264 heading away from the ocean front at 2am in my 86 IROC and i wasent racin, just beat and wanted to get home! Cop had his lights on almost a 1/4 mile ahead of me before i was even near him! Thats why at night im so paranoid about speeding, even in the wife's exploder! Last ticket i got, that was bad, was a street racing ticket, and i was racing a turbo 240x i think thats the name, and we had shut it down, waved and were done and a cop came flyin up from behind him and cut me off and was speaking over his pa to have us pull over! Well, luckely its hard o prove street racing and it got busted to speeding cause the cop couldnt prove ant agreement between the other driver and me and all he had was be doin like 60 when i came into his radar and it was a 50, so i was lucky as ****! Oh and that ticket for 99 in a 55 cost me six months of no license!
Old 11-25-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

71 in a 45
95 in a 60
*80 in a 55 (this one was bullshit)
77 in a 65

* I was in Indy on 465, it's basically a big circle around the city. I'd just got on the highway to take a road trip to TN. I'd been on the high way for 1.5mi and was in the center lane being passed. I signaled over and got into the fast lane to pass a car going about 45 and a cop pulled on my ***, I signaled and got back in the middle let the cop pass and the mustang ridding his ***, signaled and got back over. He damn near locked up his brakes and pulled in behind me. Said he was behind me for more than 4 miles, the exit I got on was 1.5 miles back. Since I'd gotten on the highway there was a black lady in front of me, she kept slowing down, I'd get over to pass her and she'd floor it up to 100 or so and slow back down to where I'd get ready to pass her again. I was also passed by about 4 other cars in that 1.5 miles so instead of him pulling me over he should have busted one of their asses. I pointed out the fact that if he were behind me for so long he should have done what I just stated and he had no comment, that was after he'd given me the ticket. I said WTF ever and took off, I went to fight it in court and he didn't show so it was dismissed.
Old 11-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Former Vendor - No longer Vendor

I got one for ya! I had just got back from a 4 day cruise with some friends and my girl decides shes gonna go ahead and call me up to dump me, well, needless to say I took it badly and that night ended up doing 110+ in a 45 just to blow off some steam. Just my luck, a couple of cops were sittin at the base of the bridge and I didnt even see them until I passed them. They were just pulling out onto the road when I hit the top of the bridge and I knew it was pointless to run and make things worse so I slowed down and pulled over at a well lit bank turned off my car and waited with my windows down and hands on the wheel. This being Cocoa Florida, they called like 4 more cops and all of them showed up at once. They all came up to my car got my license and asked if I knew why they pulled me over. I said "yes sir, I was driving like a total jackass for no good reason and could of endangered someones life besides my own". They just looked at me for a sec, then asked to search my car. I let them. (I had nothin to hide and it keeps them happy so why not?) They gave my license back to me and told me exactly why they should take me to jail and for what reasons (reckless driving, excessive speeding 'clocked slowing down at 105ish', changing lanes without signaling blah blah blah) Then came the mind blower they said this is your get out of jail free card from the Brevard County Sheriffs. Have a nice night and please slow down. Let me go with no jail, no ticket and not ever a written warning! I think that was the worst, yet, luckiest day of my life and I will always remember it.
Old 11-25-2006, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^damn you did get lucky!

you should have ran....lol
Old 11-26-2006, 01:27 PM
TECH Resident

+1 for running

btw Logo, I think in the quote in your sig: preception = perception...I don't think preception is a word...
Old 11-26-2006, 01:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jpat1023
+1 for running

btw Logo, I think in the quote in your sig: preception = perception...I don't think preception is a word...

haha your right....i have had that for so long how come you just now noticed?
Old 11-26-2006, 02:06 PM
TECH Resident

hahaha I don't know! Its kinda sad really, b/c I have read it multiple times and never noticed...but your the one that put it in your sig.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man I wish cops were all dicks so that he would have wrote you a ticket.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:15 PM
TECH Veteran

dam.. that sucked i bet. more tickets than you can wipe your *** with.

Originally Posted by LS1Formulation
Yeah, that's how I got 4 driving on a suspended tickets. Lucky for me they all got reduced to first offense. I got my **** together though, got my license back in '00 and haven't had any problems since. Funny how dumb you can be when you're a teenager.
Old 11-27-2006, 01:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 30thanniv

who is this directed to?
Old 11-27-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
1. Who are you talking to?
2. What are you talking about?
Old 11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
On The Tree

go buy a lottery ticket. Good thing you got out of that tickets. See all cops are tards. I've met a few cool ones like that in my time.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:35 PM
11 Second Club

had something like that happen to me but i was racing another WS6. the cop was in full uniform but driving his personal truck. the other car ran but I pulled over figuring he cant give you a ticket, oh yes they can. anyway he yelled for like 10 min. then told me next time just go outside of town, oh and BTW I have a built 454 in my truck so running was not a good idea, as for your friend who ran I know who he is (not many f-bodys where I live) so when I see him agian his *** is grass!!! I was like hell ya sine I cant stand the other guy.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:10 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

I saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by outrunning the state police.......I have NEVER sped or even thought about doing that stupid **** again. And trust me, I know I'm a dumbass....I WILL NEVER DO THAT STUPID **** AGAIN!
Old 11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chunky women give better head. Bad call on your part.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Well I'm pretty picky when it comes to women, so I wouldn't know...
Old 11-27-2006, 04:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
-1 for chunky women....