General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

How to tell a true WS6... HELP ME!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006 | 07:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1 Lifeguard
good for you bub dont care. glad your goin to school cuz your gonna need it.
thanks for all the info guys. again cheap is what you pay for... lol pacesetters
If Pacesetters were junk, one of the most popular LS1 shops(Texas Speed & Performance) wouldn't use them on their 10 second h/c only n/a street car. They are a very popular product for a reason, they are cheap(in price) and awesome quality, look around, you won't find anyone having problems with them other then possible minor fitment issues(which you will also find with any other brand header occassionally too).
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:41 PM
Staging Lane

lol again here's the thing, pacesetters are ok for the avg 13 sec f body
but for me i would rather have that little extra once my car is above 400hp.
that little extra always help and im happily willing to spend it.
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:42 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by sykotic
The Formula has the base Firebird spoiler, not the taller TA spoiler. But yes the base TA & WS6 have the same taller spoiler.

Pacesetter headers are awesome quality, there is no reason to go with kooks over pacesetter, go ahead and spend the extra money to be different, we'll spend the saved $$$ on more goodies.
I knew the Formula and TA spoiler were different, however I think I was a little vauge in my answer. Thanks for the back up though! Dude's stubborn, he'll never learn. I made the numbers below with a tiny cam, stalled auto, and these cursed Pacesetters, I'm moving up to a bigger cam and will be closer to 430, again, with my completely worthless Pacesetters. Noobies Should spend the money on a car before you spend the 'little extra' on the headers for it.
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:45 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Trust
There is ZERO difference between a base TA and a WS6 TA spoiler, same goes for the Formula.
actually, it's about 50 lbs difference...
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
actually, it's about 50 lbs difference...
The TA WS6 spoiler is the exact same as the TA spoiler, the Formula spoiler is teh EXACT same as the WS6 Formula spoiler. How was that unclear?!
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:48 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Trust
The TA WS6 spoiler is the exact same as the TA spoiler, the Formula spoiler is teh EXACT same as the WS6 Formula spoiler. How was that unclear?!
ah, that's better
Old 11-26-2006 | 07:49 PM
10 Second Club

Lol, I was about to go nuts, I promise I know the difference
Old 11-26-2006 | 08:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

good for you bub dont care. glad your goin to school cuz your gonna need it.
look here dummy, the trans am ans the formula spoilers are different.
trans am is a 2 piece spoiler and the formula is a one piece. check it all
thanks for all the info guys. again cheap is what you pay for... lol pacesetters
Listen ********, you don't have an effing clue what your talking about. Good luck spending all that money on your kooks that aren't gonna make a difference over pacesetters. Spend the money on that 'special' WS6 spoilor that's exactly the same. Matter of fact I'd rather someone like you not get an f-body...you give us a bad name.
Old 11-26-2006 | 08:21 PM
Staging Lane

hahaha wow you got some real power behind that message.
you know guys i really dont care what you have to say because i know my info is right and personally thats all i care about. look the stuff up its printed and shown
no1 knows everything and you guys sure dont know too much, so catch up on your readings, it wont hurt. Are all people in OK as stupid and immature as you guys?
OK =
just curious and all lol funny guys

Last edited by LS1 Lifeguard; 11-26-2006 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-26-2006 | 08:23 PM
Banned

the OP is ignorant. He's a newb with an attitude. he should go buy an import and not know what he's talking about with them instead.

he's an idea buddy, why don't you go into the internal engine's section, and ask what the power difference is between the Pacesetters and the Kooks. In fact, I think I'll do it for you.

Last edited by Asmodeus; 11-26-2006 at 08:42 PM.
Old 11-26-2006 | 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

hahaha wow you got some real power behind that message.
you know guys i really dont care what you have to say because i know my info is right and personally thats all i care about. look the stuff up its printed and shown
no1 knows everything and you guys sure dont know too much, so catch up on your readings, it wont hurt. Are all people in OK as stupid and immature as you guys?
OK =
just curious and all lol funny guys
Okay, explain this to me...please! If us Oklahoma people are so stupid, then why has every other person that posted on here told you that you are wrong? You are the only one that believes you are right. We've looked the info up, you're the idiot who insists that you are right when everyone has said otherwise. Please go buy a ricer...those guys will believe you about the pacesetters.
Old 11-26-2006 | 09:11 PM
Banned

pacesetters vs kooks?

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/614779-pacesetters-vs-kooks-any-hp-difference.html
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:15 PM
Man-Crush Warning

LS1 Lifeguard, I'm making 485rwhp with my cheapo pacesetters, how much power is your car making? Maybe the kooks will bump me up to like 650 horse or something..
And whoever said that one minor bolt-on will make a base T/A beat a big bad WS6. That is BS, Its going to depend on the driver. 3 hp from a ported tb isn't going to win or lose a race.
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:32 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 01sscam
And whoever said that one minor bolt-on will make a base T/A beat a big bad WS6. That is BS, Its going to depend on the driver. 3 hp from a ported tb isn't going to win or lose a race.
neither is a tall hood
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:37 PM
Man-Crush Warning

I never said a tall hood would, in another thread i actually said that the hot air being forced into the intake from the "ram air" isn't going to make a ws6 achieve more power than a regular t/a. Next people will be saying a firehawk makes even more power.
Old 11-26-2006 | 10:40 PM
Banned

moved it to External engine, it has replies for you

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=614779
Old 11-28-2006 | 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Almost all headers will produce the same numbers and that is 15-25 to the wheels pacesetters are cheaper just bc there not stainless so you have to worry bout rust but most guys dont drive there car in the rain anyways . I went with the stainless SLP's but thats just bc i got a good deal on them. And the lifeguard guy needs to learn some things about these cars seriously theres not a damn thing dif from a ta spoiler and a WS6 spoiler freaking now
Old 11-29-2006 | 04:44 PM
12 Second Club

I have the pacesetters and a friend of mine has the QTPs both of us have the same mods (except cam I got TR 230/224 and he has LG G5X1 228/232) tuned by TSP his car made 382 untuned mine dynoed 376 very close but when it comes to racing it is who gets a faster reaction. most of the time it is to close to call

IMO if you are building a 400 plus cubic inch motor then sure go ahead a put some 1 7/8 kooks or QTPs on.. But if you are running anything below 400 I really can't see why. Don't get me wrong, I got a few friend that got 402s, 408s and are running the pacesetters and are getting just as much power as the QTPs and the kooks.. Hell I got a good friend of mine that was running MAC mids on his 383 and was putting down about the same numbers as LTs
Old 11-29-2006 | 04:57 PM
TECH Junkie

you cant beat someone with more money than you.

I'm sure the guy in the Ferrari felt the same way just before I layed pipe on him.
Old 11-29-2006 | 05:03 PM
12 Second Club
15 Year Member

Listen to this ******* idiot. He comes on here like he's god telling us that Kook's are SO much better than Pacesetter's, yet the dumb **** doesn't even know how to tell if a car is a real WS6. I have an idea, why don't you STFU and go buy a honda so you can slap a fart can on it and a wing and be pushing 500 hp? At least then your car will match your bitch *** attitude, punk!

Quick Reply: How to tell a true WS6... HELP ME!