General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My LS1 died :(

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006, 08:14 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't know, but number one you sound real young, number two your probably cowboying the car and number three quit whining. Man up, splash some terpentine on ya as if it were cologne.
Cars break, especially if you did beat on it?? You may have a lemon.
Lastly the car is just a piece of metal that can be replaced. Nothing material like this is worth you feeling so bad about.
My advice to you, is to drop your car off at the shop for repair and get yourself a gf while you wait for it to be fixed.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
My advice to you, is to drop your car off at the shop for repair and get yourself a gf while you wait for it to be fixed.
he doesnt need 2 broken bitches

when ones in the shop the other is having PMS.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
he doesnt need 2 broken bitches

when ones in the shop the other is having PMS.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:56 PM
On The Tree

Check your ground wires to the frame as well. I had the exact thing in my 98 cleaned my frame grounds and they were corroded. No problems since. I have had more problems with my 2003 truck than my ls1.
Old 11-26-2006, 08:59 PM
TECH Regular

One thing for sure, I'd be off in that bitch ***-deep to figure out the problem. You only need to find it once. If nothing else, I'll bet the Chevy house can find it.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:00 PM
TECH Veteran

dealers can "find" anything for $90/hr.

Originally Posted by 02SS#406
One thing for sure, I'd be off in that bitch ***-deep to figure out the problem. You only need to find it once. If nothing else, I'll bet the Chevy house can find it.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Don't feel to bad dude. My rear end went out like a month after I got my car and it sounds like its gonna blow up again VERY soon. Cars have problems. High performance ones have more. Get it fixed and you will be as happy as when you got it.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

its definitely a fuel pressure sending unit issue. My WS6 did the same type of thing once... The oil pressure was high and the car just shut right off when the gauge pegged out, and since the gauge was still pegged when i turned the key it wouldnt start up. Net mornign it started fine no problems at all problem went away and that was that.

So ya, check the FPSU.
Old 11-26-2006, 09:18 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
So whatever money the car doesn't sap, the girl can take the rest?

Old 11-26-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by S99TA
GM usually runs the power for the fuel pump through the oil pressure sending unit if oil pressure goes to zero it shuts off the fuel pump.
if thats correct that is a great thing...[I say if because you said usually]
Old 11-26-2006, 09:47 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check your plug wires and spark plugs
Old 11-26-2006, 10:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

that does suck, cause your kinda like me. posting up tons of threads to figure out the most minute problem. don't give up so easily, jeez. these motors are def. freakin reliable. just get it fixed and don't buy and rsx!! at least get a Mach 1 or 01/02' cobra. or a goat if you can afford it.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:45 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1cleanbird
that does suck, cause your kinda like me. posting up tons of threads to figure out the most minute problem. don't give up so easily, jeez. these motors are def. freakin reliable. just get it fixed and don't buy and rsx!! at least get a Mach 1 or 01/02' cobra. or a goat if you can afford it.
Reliable like it dies on me in traffic? or do you mean like how it wouldnt start every 5th time and they never found a problem with it? Or could you possibly mean reliable in the sense that the rpms were climbing to 2500 in neutral with my foot off the gas at the end of my last road trip? Which of these problems that I have had BEFORE MY DAMN TEMP TAGS ARE EVEN OFF THE CAR would POSSIBLY convince me that this is anything more than GM's biggest hack job and a blessing its no-longer made?

American **** is not on my list anymore. Sorry, I hate to not be patriotic, but all I see on LS1 tech and the corral is "why is my piece of **** broke" "why is my car not idling" "why did I break this" All I ever see on S2KCA.com is "I love my car" "what wax is best" " here are some photos of me auto X'ing" Im sorry, I will pay the premium to get a well-built car next go around. It may mean keeping this pile until I get out of college and can afford something reliable, but if its time that it takes, its time it will take. I refuse to buy a car that will ever make me ask the girl to do the driving because "im not sure if my car will not leave us stranded, yes I know its an 01 and I just got it, but its messed up" Thats weaksauce and im tired of it.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:51 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by WarShrike
There's probably a few V6's that'll trade you straight across if you're looking for reliability and don't want to fuss with the car. The 3800 SII's are tanks when it comes to milage and durability.

I'd go with the oil pressure sending unit as well. When was your last oil change? How about coolant? Is your filter clean as well?

new fuel filter, new oil and oil filter as of this morning (0-30 GC and I verified oil level after it died...just fine). Coolant level is fine. Car never got hot.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
WTF is with all your problems man... How many miles are on your car? DO NOT get an RSX, you will regret it. I drove a base RSX and it was an absolute joke, bad ride quality, rattles, absolutely no power at all and decent handling at best. If you want something new with a warrently get a GTO.

I dunno what the problem is, but im willing to bet that shitty workmanship has SOMETHING to do with it. The car is BONE STOCK and well maintained. GM takes the bullet for this one. They will be seeing me tomorrow in their service bay and I will see if they can get a few codes out of it. I will also see what they will outright buy the car for as-is. Trade-in is 15K and I would walk away 15K richer if they agreed to it.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:54 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 98Z28MASS
Check your plug wires and spark plugs

Ummm...missing something, but I doubt that could cause rising rpms at idle and the car mysteriously choking twice and dying doing 50 mph and then again at idle a few minutes later.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:55 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
So whatever money the car doesn't sap, the girl can take the rest?

The girl drove me around tonight. I dont trust my car with company anymore.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:57 AM
TECH Senior Member

WOW so blame the car because you can't take care of the problem the first time it shows up. So hit yourself in the head with a hammer next time the cars dies. You never know, it just might fix it.
Old 11-27-2006, 03:09 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Toxic Texan
WOW so blame the car because you can't take care of the problem the first time it shows up. So hit yourself in the head with a hammer next time the cars dies. You never know, it just might fix it.
Im just pissed that I have had nothing but trouble out of it and even the GM dealership cant find out whats wrong. I could spend hundreds of dollars trying to correctly diagnose whats wrong with this thing, but im not going to because I dont have it to spend. I am taking it to GM tomorrow and seeing what their scanner picks up. Im sure it will cost 40-60$ to have it scanned, but maybe it will tell me whats wrong and why it randomly dies while cruising. SURELY it stored SOME kind of code...
Old 11-27-2006, 03:23 AM
TECH Addict

I would feel sorry for you normally, but you're making it really hard to do that but that's neither here nor there. Reliability is a 155k mile cammed, very harshly driven LS1 that still keeps up with lower mileage cars with the same mods. You will find more of those than you will a car like yours. And have you actually done anything besides setup an appointment to drop it off at GM to check and see what the problem could be? I've seen some good suggestions on here. You can't bash it for being unreliable if your too lazy to try and fix it. It's a machine for gods sake....**** happens.