General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

W68 ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 12:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default W68 ????

I went to Savemart earlier and parked next to an Fbod. It was a Formula (I believe)..maybe a TA..I was too busy trying to figure out what "W68" was. It had the ram air hood Formula Spoiler.....aftermarket exhaust (ungly looking tips), but it was a nice looking car. I gave the guy props.

Is a W68 a real Fbod? Did they come with these badges from the factory? I have never seen one before. My first thought was the owner put them on. But I wanted to check.

BTW - I had my four kids and my expedition...couldnt' talk long.
Old 11-27-2006, 12:36 AM
TECH Resident

W68 is a "Sports Appearance Package" for V6's. What it consists of is just a bodykit and a dual exit muffler on an otherwise stock exhaust. The ram air hood and W68 badges are something the owner added himself
Old 11-27-2006, 12:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Smoke Panther
W68 is a "Sports Appearance Package" for V6's. What it consists of is just a bodykit and a dual exit muffler on an otherwise stock exhaust. The ram air hood and W68 badges are something the owner added himself

OK....oddly enough I had a gut feeling it was a sixer. It looked nice, and sounded pretty good though....especially for a sixer. The tips were definitely aftermarket..I would have guessed 3.5-4"

Thanks.