General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Early X-mas gifts to myself...I'm stoked (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006 | 05:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by craz28
that my friend is a healthy looking cam, how much was the whole present?
Cam was $285 (bought new off a board member) the rest of the springs/pushrods/gaskets and chain was almost $400 shipped

And no problem Jeff, no big deal, I hear ya about learning to do some springs, I could have done them, but no where near as fast as you got them done and we all know I am impatient.

And for anyone else looking for a new video of the car in the daylight with the cam check the link in my sig, I hope that video works, I can't watch the video I posted up last night....go figure.
Old 12-04-2006 | 09:05 PM
TECH Resident

So that is an untuned idle? That things sounds great.
Old 12-05-2006 | 04:55 AM
12 Second Club

Yeah the car is unfortunately going to have to stay untuned for a few months until the decent weather comes back to NY.....damn shame because last weekend was 65 out and sunny I'm going to be bringing it to Mike at NewEra for the tune, can't wait cause the sucker stalls at stop lights after driving it for a bit with the defroster on.
Old 12-05-2006 | 08:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BlueB4C
can't wait cause the sucker stalls at stop lights after driving it for a bit with the defroster on.
Sure does... and its great! Its fun waiting for cars to pass before you can start the car and pull out of a gas station right? LOL

Its gonna be a good summer next year... Start saving for that rear end Matt!
Old 12-05-2006 | 07:24 PM
Launching!

Wow car sounds awesome maybe i can check it out sometime after winter and we could all go for a cruise or something.
Old 12-05-2006 | 08:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

haha dont worry about dropping things jeff, I do that **** all the time! Besides if im woriking on it with you, I will find it!!!

I thought you liked doing the springs?!
-James
Old 12-06-2006 | 03:37 AM
pdd
TECH Veteran

NICE PILL OF GOODIES
Old 12-06-2006 | 09:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by B4CZR2
I thought you liked doing the springs?!

Im sure there is noone on this board that "Likes doing the springs"! I know i certently dont "enjoy" it.. Espically the fourth set of them.... Luckily none of them have been double springs yet. When I upgrade next year I am buying assembled heads so I dont have to worry about it again
-Jeff
Old 12-06-2006 | 09:38 AM
12 Second Club

Cam has a nice lope to it. I got a Torquer V2 and then TSP came out with a Torquer V3. Then I bought a set of PRC LS6 stage 1's and about 2 weeks later TSP came out with the new and improved stage 1's. So I believe I'll just wait on the MS5 cam. It can't be too far down the road.
Old 12-06-2006 | 01:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dedge
Cam has a nice lope to it. I got a Torquer V2 and then TSP came out with a Torquer V3. Then I bought a set of PRC LS6 stage 1's and about 2 weeks later TSP came out with the new and improved stage 1's. So I believe I'll just wait on the MS5 cam. It can't be too far down the road.

I think the MS4 is going ot be my next cam.. i have heard so many good things about it! Since i got my small TR224, and saw the top end power of that, i have been addicted!. I want to go big now!
Old 12-06-2006 | 05:47 PM
12 Second Club

^^^^^^ Haha, "Go big or go home." huh Jeff? Friggin cam is still kicking my *** even moving it around the driveway the thing stalls. I think I might have to drill out the hole bigger in the TB blade, or something soon because I am going to attemp to drive the car this weekend, weather looks decent.
Old 12-07-2006 | 02:37 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Oh once you learn how to deal with it stalling and get it tuned you shouldn't have any more problems with it stalling i think...
Old 12-07-2006 | 03:30 AM
Staging Lane

hey man good luck with the cam its the same setup i'm going to go with. Let me know how she runs!
Old 12-07-2006 | 07:31 AM
Launching!

Lightbulb

^^^^^^ Haha, "Go big or go home." huh Jeff? Friggin cam is still kicking my *** even moving it around the driveway the thing stalls. I think I might have to drill out the hole bigger in the TB blade, or something soon because I am going to attemp to drive the car this weekend, weather looks decent.

Matt, if you do this, do some research. When i looked into it people were saying it is much better to drill another small hole than to enlarge the one already there. The reason for this is when you step up to the next drill size on the existing hole, it will enlarge it MUCH more then drilling a seperate small hole. Basically, you will have much more control and you can get it more precise. Did that make sence at all? Give me a call when you do it and i will stop out and give ya a hand if you want. Actually i am just using it as an excuse so we can take another drive in it
Old 12-07-2006 | 08:29 PM
12 Second Club

Haha, yeah it does make sense, good call Jeff. I will be driving it out that way saturday....and probably sunday too so no need to drive out here, I will be at the shop saturday, are you still working there on saturday's?

Anyone have any input on the topic of drilling the TB blade for more air whether positive or negative?
Old 12-08-2006 | 08:32 AM
Launching!

There is always going to be mixed opinions on whats better, drilling a hole or slightly opening the TB blade up. My vote goes for the hole. I didnt need to do it with my baby cam, but yours is a little bigger so thats what i would suggest. Yeah i am working there on saturday, but judging by the snow I dont know if it would be real wise to drive the car out there... I would hate to see you pull what I did in my car coming back from buffalo. Heavy downpour + slicks = ditch. Theres the math lesson for the day.

also.. do you got any good pics of my car? I was looking through my computer and I dont have any! I have crapload of your car form when we went to Carlisle though.
Old 12-08-2006 | 06:00 PM
TECH Veteran

Haha, yeah it does make sense, good call Jeff. I will be driving it out that way saturday....and probably sunday too so no need to drive out here, I will be at the shop saturday, are you still working there on saturday's?

Anyone have any input on the topic of drilling the TB blade for more air whether positive or negative?
dont drill it.. just have someone do a quick idle tune. we have the T2 in our SS and didnt nee to touch the tb blade.