General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Customer Service at GM any help??!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006 | 03:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default Customer Service at GM any help??!

I just thought I would see if anyone knows how you get GM to help with repairs. I had to have the pinion bearings replaced after only 49,000 miles and I do not drive agressively. I paid for the repair and called GM to try and get some cost assistance with the repairs. My arguement is the rear ends are not designed to hold up from the start. I only asked if they would pay 50% of the repair since I believe it is a premature failure of the bearings. They called the Service Manager at the dealer and he said he has not seen very many of these needed to be replaced and there hasn't been any real problems with the rear ends on these cars. Okay, the mechanic sings a different tune on this matter. Everyone I know that has an F-body has run into this problem.

So if you call GM and they go by what the service manager says how do you ever get any help past the dealer with GM? GM acts like whatever the service manager says is the truth and nothing else could be true. Why doesn't GM have techs that know anything about cars and review and evaluate service situations with needing to take the word of the service manager. The dealer can say anything they want to and then what. I am just trying to find out how do you get any help with GM to get our GM cars and trucks repaired???
Old 12-04-2006 | 03:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

It happens to almost all the cars I know. Parking on an incline doesn't help. Everytime I took it in for an oil change it was leaking. I stopped parking on an incline and it pretty much stopped.
Old 12-04-2006 | 03:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

its tough to get any help from GMs cust. ***. ive called a few times and theyre useless.

i even contacted them online and it didnt help. do you know what caused them to go bad?
Old 12-04-2006 | 04:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One of the pinion bearing was chipped off. The mechanic showed it to me.

I never park on an incline. The pinion seal had to be replaced too but the bearings were making a noise so I took it in.

I have another vehicle I am trying to get fixed and I just don't understand why GM doesn't have techs that know anything about cars. I don't think they should take the word of the service dept. and that be it.
Old 12-04-2006 | 10:34 PM
On The Tree

Where has your car been serviced? The factory will be more incline to help you out if you have been servicing your vehicle with them.
Old 12-05-2006 | 10:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It was repaired at a GM Goodwrench dealer. I do my own oil changes because I have heard some bad things about dealers and oil changes. The mechanic says rear ends in the camaros have been a problem but the service manager told GM there hasn't been any problems. I don't like the wrong info being told to GM. I have had a bad experience where a manager at a GM dealer said there was nothing wrong with my truck and it definitely had problems. Another dealer found some things wrong but still hasn't fixed it totally. There is a fine line between being firm that you need something fixed and making the dealer mad. You should be able to drop off your vehicle at the dealer, write a check and pick it up fixed but it hasn't been that easy. GM should help the customer get there GM vehicle fixed at a certified dealer where they are suppose to have the best techs and equipment.