General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

betsy wont shut up (its been a hard day)

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2006 | 09:45 PM
Teching In

Angry betsy wont shut up (its been a hard day)

Today , after getting a ROOT CANAL i walk out of the dentist office and i hear the dental assistants saying theres a white camaro outside and its alarm wont stop going off so i run out side to see if anything had happened to my camaro (betsy)
and i notice nothing is wrongs so i press the lock button to stop the factory alarm and go back in to pay my co pay well the day goes on as if nothing happened i go to get gas and i park and lock the doors i get about 3 feet from my car and the alarm starts going off... so i unlock the doors and lock them and walk away about 10 feet away it starts again so i just left the doors unlocked and filled up.... i get home mouth all sore and again this happens so after about10 minutes it stops and i figured that was the end of it and go inside about an hour ago the car started again with the alarm and wont stop... i had to disconnect the battery just so it wouldnt keep doing this... has any one else run into the problem were of their alarm not turning off? it just started doing this today...any one have any ideas? or suggestions to get it to stop... i turned down the sensor in the back near the wheel but it still does it..
Old 12-21-2006 | 09:51 PM
On The Tree

I had a similar problem. It turned out that my other 98 formy had 2 alarms and the viper was wired incorrectly through my headlights and when I turned my headlights on, off, and back on quickly it screwed it all up. The dealer finally found it and completely disconnected the viper and left the factory one. No problems after. It was kinda funny cuz my headlights would go up n down with the honking of the alarm. Vicious cirlce.
Old 12-21-2006 | 10:54 PM
Banned

Meh, I love the fact my car has a factory alarm. Lol, I set it off with my mustang
Old 12-22-2006 | 01:36 AM
NKAWTG...N

Is this the factory alarm or an aftermarket one?
Old 12-22-2006 | 10:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Turn down the sensitivity on the sensor thing in the spare tire area. Its a lil black box right behind the monsoon amp.