General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

what's the dumbest newb question you've asked?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 08:33 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greysteel_M6
I've been lsx forums for a while and just figured out what frc's stand for.- Fuel rail covers
I can't think of any dumb n00b questions I have personally asked, but over the summer I just found out that FRC also meant fixed-roof-coupe lol. All that time I wondered whether there were Corvette fuel rail covers that you could sit in and drive because all these people kept talking about their "FRC Vette".

One thing I see many people post up or ask about is when they compare a WS6/SS/Firehawk to a Formula/TA/Z28, or even comparing an F-body to a Vette "version" of an LS1. I have had so many friends of mine ask me why I got a "mere" Z28, like its somehow inferior to an SS in terms of performance LOL. Then I carefully explain what makes an SS different, and they sit there for a minute with a confused look and go, "....oh....." ROFL!
Old 12-29-2006, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I usually try to do some research before I ask questions, unless I get stuck trying to understand something that's way out of my league. But I remember a time (not too long ago) when I didn't know what "2.0 DOHC" meant and "4 cycle internal combustion engine" sounded like something from star wars.
Old 12-29-2006, 10:44 PM
Teching In

I just joined yesterday. This is my first post and I haven't asked any stupid questions, yet. Have I?

--Tom
Old 12-30-2006, 09:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Talking

Originally Posted by res0o7eb
I just joined yesterday. This is my first post and I haven't asked any stupid questions, yet. Have I?

--Tom
When you said "have I?" That was the only question you asked. Since it was your first post and you have obviously never asked prior question to be deemed stupid, then yes, you have now asked a stupid question
Old 12-30-2006, 09:34 AM
TECH Senior Member

A good one from the other day i read was "How do you take the rubber grommet for the IAT sensor out of the lid?"