General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Am i the only one who likes to just cruise?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 09:06 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I took a cruise last week when it was 70 out (in jersey) and it was awesome. It made me so sad when they salted the roads this week That was the first time I took it out without any excuses, just to cruise. For the sake of my happiness, lets not make any more of these threads till spring
Old 01-13-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

drove home last night after playin basketball at 11:30 with windows down cruisin on the highway at 75. it was 60 degrees but I was hot. it was amazing.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:23 PM
10 Second Club

I used to when i lived in the country. I dont anymore, as much gas as it takes to drive somewhere nice to have fun it aint worth it. All there is here is traffic.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Originally Posted by BananaHead
Too bad out here, there won't be a WARM starry night for about 4 months
No kidding. I get depressed during the off season. It's cold, dark, and everything looks dead. Not fun.
Old 01-13-2007, 09:55 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 01sscam
I used to "cruise" all the time, not very much anymore though. There is always something broken or i don't have the time.
Glad im not the ONLY one, misery in company
Old 01-13-2007, 09:58 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Glad im not the ONLY one, misery in company
Look at his mods though. The reason your car is breaking is different. "666"

Old 01-13-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
Look at his mods though. The reason your car is breaking is different. "666"

I think the "GM" badge has more to do with it than the plate. It has had many issues before, why stop now?

Lol, I had my chance to get rid of it today and chickened out

It had stalled on the way home on the freeway and I threw it off the road right before a truck would have creamed it. I probably woulda been okay, but I am a puss I guess
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
NKAWTG...N

Dude you must have bought a lemon or something. Because I have never seen another person with anything close to the problems you have.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:06 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

I think the "GM" badge has more to do with it than the plate.
Nah. I think it's just your car. I've got 4 GM cars right now, ranging from '96 to '04, and they all run great. Minimal breakage (the '04 has yet to break even once in 3 years).
Old 01-13-2007, 10:07 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 27 Likes on 18 Posts

I used to love cruising back when I was in high school & college. I can remember thinking how I couldn't imagine not cruising my entire life. There were plenty of places to pull over and park, and many times I'd meet up with several friends and just hang out downtown. But with age comes other priorities, and you end up being the "old guy" on cruise nights if you keep at it long enough . We pretty much had "cruise nights" back then on the weekends because our town is small & there was a route that everyone used to cruise. With downtown business owners tired of picking up trash from disrespectful folks that were parked along the route, many places started posting "no loitering & no trespassing" signs. The police started enforcing them, and that pretty muched killed cruising in Tipton.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:09 PM
'Bird Director

Originally Posted by StoleIt
Dude you must have bought a lemon or something. Because I have never seen another person with anything close to the problems you have.
Seriously....I've never seen anyone overreact to every single problem with their vehicle.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Seriously....I've never seen anyone overreact to every single problem with their vehicle.
I realise its simple, and when I FINALLY FIND OUT WHY its messing up I will kick myself, but you have to admit, when you stroke a check for a mint condition car and you are parked more than you are rolling due to broken **** that you cant even FIND, it irks the hell out of you. I am in college, I dont need a paperweight, I need a car! I can save the long weekends of troubleshooting for when I am retired and need something to keep me busy.Stuff breaking is one thing, electrical gremlins that never go away are another, and seem to be GM's specialty. Over on corner carvers I was warned before I bought this car, and a girl I know told me F-bods always do this kind of thing and she knew b/c her dad owned a car-lot. I called BS on both occasions. Well...whos wrong now .
Old 01-13-2007, 10:12 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Who knows man, I will fix what is broken and sell this beautiful paper-weight to someone who likes looking at the thing more than driving it and go buy another mustang, hold out for a Mach 1 or a 99-01 Cobra.
I hope the stang holds together for you. Otherwise you might have to swear off Ford as well.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
'Bird Director

I realise its simple, and when I FINALLY FIND OUT WHY its messing up I will kick myself, but you have to admit, when you stroke a check for a mint condition car and you are parked more than you are rolling due to broken **** that you cant even FIND, it irks the hell out of you. I am in college, I dont need a paperweight, I need a car! I can save the long weekends of troubleshooting for when I am retired and need something to keep me busy.
Since you're still in college, it might be sensible for you to buy a more practical vehicle. You can always get another 'bird later on.

So you're thinking of going back to a Mustang? (I can read your deleted posts )
Old 01-13-2007, 10:14 PM
Banned

I hope the stang holds together for you. Otherwise you might have to swear off Ford as well.
I thoght I already had...but then again my GT, while slow as *** no-matter WHAT I did to it was always reliable, as have the 10-15 ford's my family has owned during my growing up been, even when we beat the **** out of them every day.

I have yet to even spin the tires on dry ground on purpose (did it once on a shift) in this car. I baby it as much as a normal person could and still enjoy it. Yet things keep going wrong, I can even UNDERSTAND the things that go wrong...IAC? thats common enough. WHeel bearing? at 77K miles? wtf...but I will live with it and fix it (done). Random dying and throwing no codes and being impossible to find and almost getting me rear-ended 2 times on the freeway...thats more than a minor setback.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Since you're still in college, it might be sensible for you to buy a more practical vehicle. You can always get another 'bird later on.

So you're thinking of going back to a Mustang? (I can read your deleted posts )
Yes, I would like a more practical car. Practical=something that wont break every damn time I turn around. I would go Mach 1 or 99-02 Cobra in a heartbeat if I could find one in good shape and buy it right and get this car sold. But I will probably not ACTIVELY look to do so, if I get an offer on the WS6, I will take it though (provided it is reasonable). It's fine, I wasnt trying to hid the post, I just totally owned this guys thread and felt/feel like an ***, if you want, PM me.

to the OP. Im sorry. Irritation overflowed its banks of my thread and I contaminated yours. My apologies.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:31 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Cruising isn't as fun as it used to be in my area. Traffic seems to get worse every year. Especially on the expressways.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 PM
Banned

Cruising isn't as fun as it used to be in my area. Traffic seems to get worse every year. Especially on the expressways.
RIGHT ON! IT is horrid here. All the New Orleans people migrated up here. It has been horrid since.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:43 PM
TECH Resident

I love to cruise...when the weather gets warm that is...right now it sucks being it is so damn cold out (10*F high during the day with below zero windchill temps)...

The other thing that sucks is the town I live in sucks for cruising, you do one pass around town in about 10 minutes and then there is no where else to cruise... I wish I could find some good cruising places.

I would give anything to live down in Florida and be able to cruise the streets down along the beach etc. during the day and evening. That would be awesome.
Old 01-13-2007, 10:48 PM
Teching In

Crusin' is my life, it's just so awesome...