General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Finding a mean setup...

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2007, 04:02 AM
Man-Crush Warning

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Unlimited
out of curiousity, wouldn't that destroy the very little gas mileage I get now? how would that make a DD street car reliable & cheaper in the long run? just looking for information on the matter, thats all...
heads/cam is going to cost you a lot less, sure you can slap a 7,000 dollar turbo kit on your stock 346, how long do you think that will last, sure if you run five lbs of boost with a tiny turbo and drive the thing once a month to get groceries you'll be fine, but if you plan on making any power and wanna drive the damn thing, you're gonna wanna go with a 347, thats another 3-4k, now a fuel system, tuning, install, you're looking at quite a bit of cash that has to be spent here, sure turbos are fun and you can make great power but its gonna cost you if you want it to last. Under 7,000 for a heads/cam package installed/tuned is gonna be the cheapest and most reliable. That is all.
Old 01-17-2007, 06:03 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 01sscam
heads/cam is going to cost you a lot less, sure you can slap a 7,000 dollar turbo kit on your stock 346, how long do you think that will last, sure if you run five lbs of boost with a tiny turbo and drive the thing once a month to get groceries you'll be fine, but if you plan on making any power and wanna drive the damn thing, you're gonna wanna go with a 347, thats another 3-4k, now a fuel system, tuning, install, you're looking at quite a bit of cash that has to be spent here, sure turbos are fun and you can make great power but its gonna cost you if you want it to last. Under 7,000 for a heads/cam package installed/tuned is gonna be the cheapest and most reliable. That is all.

I would love to go heads/cam as well....but I don't think my apartment community would like me to much when I start it up in the mornings.