General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Officially done, whats my car worth?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 04:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
It is called venting

Instead of getting a hammer and beating on the car or punching my pillow or breaking down and crying thinking of the $500 in parts I will spend and not being able to get tires like I need to, I come on here, bash the car, get some suggestions, feel better.
Nearly 2000 posts of crap.

Always sure of this. Or thats the best that.
That is it! I've had it.

Tell me BLKWS.6 is there anything dumber then coming on this site and bashing F-bodies or all GM products?

21st birthday, ha ha You would be lucky to get me to believe you were twelve!

Oh...............sorry just venting
Old 01-23-2007, 05:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

*update* trading the WS6 back for the mustang. +1 for reliability of a carb'ed FORD and for a dad who will trade...AGAIN, lol.
ha ha ha you seriously crack me up.

I mean you winge and complain about every single thing. Maybe you are just unlucky I don't know. But one things for sure you'll never be happy. I highly recommend you seek professional help or counselling.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:52 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by KENS_SS_4
Nearly 2000 posts of crap.

Always sure of this. Or thats the best that.
That is it! I've had it.

Tell me BLKWS.6 is there anything dumber then coming on this site and bashing F-bodies or all GM products?

21st birthday, ha ha You would be lucky to get me to believe you were twelve!

Oh...............sorry just venting
Words never got to me much to be honest, rant away
Old 01-23-2007, 08:53 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Camaroholic
I have. One of my favorite beers has 480 calories in a 12 oz serving. It's a meal.

Real Ale's Sisyphus. It's a barleywine. It will send Bud, Miller, and Coors drinkers running home to their mamas crying for their blankey. Cold, it pours almost like honey. I like it at room temperature on cold nights. It'll cure what ails ya.
Sorry to be ignorant, but as I have never really been much of a drinker and I have no sense of sarcasm, is your above description accurate or a joke? Where can it be obtained?
Old 01-23-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thumbs down

Well sorry you got a bad car. I have personally owned 11 4th gen F-Bodies. Highest mileage was 184,000 and never really had a problem. BTW I have owned 4 Fox Bodies and never had a prob either. BTW alot of your post I have seen you whine and cry alot. No matter what car you get it will never be perfect

Last edited by CJDZ24_Z28; 01-23-2007 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-23-2007, 08:58 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Well sorry you got a bad car. I have personally owned 11 4th gen F-Bodies. Highest mileage was 184,000 and never really had a problem. BTW I have owned 4 Fox Bodies and never had a prob either
Were they LT1 or LS1 cars? IMHO my LT1 was a much "tighter"/better built Trans Am, that may just be perception b/c I had no engine noise like piston slap and lifters and stuff though. It was also a hard-top, im sure that helped a lot.

Yeah, should have the car back from the shop in a week or 2 and then I am going to do the water-pump. I went with Delphi fuel pump and plan on ACDelco water-pump. OEM baby
Old 01-23-2007, 09:08 AM
TECH Addict

6 of the cars were LT1's 1 did spin a rod with 115k on the clock on one of my LT1's but it was my own stupidity. Sorry dude no way LT1's were built tighter. The Optispark was terrible and the list goes on.
Old 01-23-2007, 09:10 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
6 of the cars were LT1's 1 did spin a rod with 115k on the clock on one of my LT1's but it was my own stupidity. Sorry dude no way LT1's were built tighter. The Optispark was terrible and the list goes on.
i guess 170k miles and runnin great made me think a lot of my old 95 ta.
Old 01-23-2007, 11:35 AM
TECH Addict

Some people get good cars with little to no problems, some get bad cars... happens with every make and model I've ever seen. Luck of the draw. Two years ago a friend of mine claimed her "elantra" was a perfect car and said to me I should have bought a new car whenever I mentioned the little ups and downs of my cars.

Fast forward to today and she's up to her neck in car repairs which seem to keep coming one after another...

Before getting the 98, I test drove cars for almost 3 years! Each spring/end summer session saw me test driving for that "perfect" f-body. I got to know the quirks fairly well and what to look for in an abused/babied car. I changed EVERYTHING I could change, oil, filters,pcv valve etc when I got the car.

Regardless, I still ended up with a pinion seal leak (common), burnt clutch fluid(common, insulate line, switch to DOT4), slipping LS1 stock clutch under WOT(common after a good amount of track abuse, ls7 replaced it now), heavy oil consumption 1 quart/1000k miles(GC0w30 fixed it), warped front rotors(stockers replaced with brembo blanks), stress dimples in rear panels (SFC's + dent wizard will fix in future), leather bolster on drivers seat is a bit worn on the edge (leather conditioner treatments to keep damage to a minimum), CD player died(replaced with ebay won stock), passenger side mid blew(replaced with a stocker from a friend),fog lights blew (replaced), rear tailmarker lights, just shy of 300rwhp (damn 298hp, fixed with LS6 intake) ...

in other words, we all have problems, it's just some are major, some are minor, but it's different for each person. It's how we approach these problems that define our enjoyment of life and in particular these cars. When my clutch began to slip under WOT in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I saw it as upgrade time! I went and tracked down a LS7 clutch and installed it within a few days of figuring out it was slipping. Like a kid on xmas day heh.

The moral of the story: don't sell your car until at least after springtime because I'm still waiting on that "I buffed through the clearcoat!! Help!!!" post that you will make!
Old 01-23-2007, 11:47 AM
TECH Addict

Hey BLKWS6 PLEEEEEEEASE do me a favor and DONT invest in the stock market as I like my job and lord knows we will have another stock market crash if you start investing...
Old 01-23-2007, 01:44 PM
11 Second Club

Default perfect maintenance free vehicle check review

"BRINGS A TEAR TO YOUR EYE"
1988 Yugo GVL
11/25/2003

By: Chad from Las Colinas Ca.
Owned: More than 10 years
Review ID: #391978

10.0 Overall Rating
10 Styling
10 Performance
10 Interior
10 Quality
10 Recommendation

Pros:
Everything
Cons:
Nothing
Overall Review:
Unbeleable... One of the greatest feets of engineering marvels mankind has ever created. A work of art..
Old 01-23-2007, 01:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Lol!!
Old 01-23-2007, 01:57 PM
On The Tree

If/when it does its easy as hell to fix and parts are cheap. IT hasnt given me NEARLY the trouble this POS has. Hell, its an 88 vs. 01. C'MON! As soon as I sell this WS6, if I find someone who would even want one with all the bad reviews they get from people like me and my friends and others with them always on block stands or getting worked on, you will see a "GM to import" thread

PS. I drove that mustang for about 1/2 year after I went carb and payed a total of $75 maintenance on it I belive. I have had this WS6 for 2 months and my maintenance EASILY tops 1K. Maybe in 2008 GM will have learned how to sling a wrench and build a car. I sure HOPE the new camaro is better or Ford will just bury it with the underpowered mustang...again. If the new Camaro is better, maybe I'll go that route. Until then, if I can find a nice S2K or 350Z or something in my range, im taking it! No more piston slap until full temp and breaking down on the side of the road every day for me!
Now I know there are a lot more stangs out there then Trans Ams but I've heard endless complaints from Mustang owners (especially 03-04 Cobra owners) about things constantely going wrong.....Not to say the T/A you got wasn't a lemon but...like was said before...everything breaks at some point. You get some great cars and some crap ones...just the way it is. Hope the Stang treats ya better man.....and Happy B-Day dude!!
Old 01-23-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SladeX
Some people get good cars with little to no problems, some get bad cars... happens with every make and model I've ever seen. Luck of the draw. Two years ago a friend of mine claimed her "elantra" was a perfect car and said to me I should have bought a new car whenever I mentioned the little ups and downs of my cars.

Fast forward to today and she's up to her neck in car repairs which seem to keep coming one after another...

Before getting the 98, I test drove cars for almost 3 years! Each spring/end summer session saw me test driving for that "perfect" f-body. I got to know the quirks fairly well and what to look for in an abused/babied car. I changed EVERYTHING I could change, oil, filters,pcv valve etc when I got the car.

Regardless, I still ended up with a pinion seal leak (common), burnt clutch fluid(common, insulate line, switch to DOT4), slipping LS1 stock clutch under WOT(common after a good amount of track abuse, ls7 replaced it now), heavy oil consumption 1 quart/1000k miles(GC0w30 fixed it), warped front rotors(stockers replaced with brembo blanks), stress dimples in rear panels (SFC's + dent wizard will fix in future), leather bolster on drivers seat is a bit worn on the edge (leather conditioner treatments to keep damage to a minimum), CD player died(replaced with ebay won stock), passenger side mid blew(replaced with a stocker from a friend),fog lights blew (replaced), rear tailmarker lights, just shy of 300rwhp (damn 298hp, fixed with LS6 intake) ...

in other words, we all have problems, it's just some are major, some are minor, but it's different for each person. It's how we approach these problems that define our enjoyment of life and in particular these cars. When my clutch began to slip under WOT in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, I saw it as upgrade time! I went and tracked down a LS7 clutch and installed it within a few days of figuring out it was slipping. Like a kid on xmas day heh.

The moral of the story: don't sell your car until at least after springtime because I'm still waiting on that "I buffed through the clearcoat!! Help!!!" post that you will make!
Well, if I ever do make that post, I wont be the first...appears someone is WORSE than me with the OCD
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...32#post6196432
Old 01-23-2007, 05:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

out of about 15 or so cars I've had, this is only my 2nd gm...my most reliable vehicle wow would have to have been my 85 s10 blazer go gm lol
Old 01-24-2007, 04:22 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

PS. I drove that mustang for about 1/2 year after I went carb and payed a total of $75 maintenance on it I belive.
Aren't you forgetting that your Stang didn't run for ****!!!!

i.e. the main reaosn you sold it after wining like a bady for 6 months about it and being out run from every thing from a go-kart to a trolly.

Not too mention your sig used to say you'd spent $14k on your Stang

You really are full of ****!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Were they LT1 or LS1 cars? IMHO my LT1 was a much "tighter"/better built Trans Am, that may just be perception b/c I had no engine noise like piston slap and lifters and stuff though. It was also a hard-top, im sure that helped a lot.

Yeah, should have the car back from the shop in a week or 2 and then I am going to do the water-pump. I went with Delphi fuel pump and plan on ACDelco water-pump. OEM baby
No RaceTronix?!?! That is my only mistake with my car. I replaced it with a OEM pump and not a Racetronix