General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wrecked the WS6

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 09:07 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rayvendawn
I didn't get gap insurance, it was offered to me at my credit union but at the time I was already nose deep in money that I didn't have. I have let them know that it will be unacceptable to have it totaled. The people working with me at service king told me that they would not charge me for any work done that went over what the insurace would pay. My insurance company wanted to take it to one of their shops and have the car bid on to see how much it was worth and if they could get some cheapo bastards to fix it for nothing. Our insurance guy got into a big fight with us and said that because I am not agreeing to have it taken to his shop that I would have to pay out of pocket. He was saying it like it was a threat, he was so angry.
I got an estimate from the shop and they said it will be 7,000 to fix the car and I am in deep **** at this point, the car isn't even worth 14,000 according to Kelly blue book.
On used-cars its not very important if you get in good, but not buying it on a NEW CAR is a big BIG mistake.
<former FoMoCo certified sales rep.
Old 01-23-2007, 02:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am wondering if I should just cut my losses after I get the car back and sell it, I think I need something like a kia.
Old 01-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Banned

I am wondering if I should just cut my losses after I get the car back and sell it, I think I need something like a kia.

NOoooooooooooooo!

If Ls1tech can talk me out of something like that SURELY they can talk you out of it. I know your WS6 gave you a lot of problems just like mine does, and now its greviously injured, but give it another chance...
Old 01-23-2007, 04:17 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
NOoooooooooooooo!

If Ls1tech can talk me out of something like that SURELY they can talk you out of it. I know your WS6 gave you a lot of problems just like mine does, and now its greviously injured, but give it another chance...
There are always two sides to the coin... after some of the posts I've seen I NEVER thought I'd see this... good luck with the fix buddy, you got that lid coming soon?

-J
Old 01-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by lastcall190
There are always two sides to the coin... after some of the posts I've seen I NEVER thought I'd see this... good luck with the fix buddy, you got that lid coming soon?

-J
Not yet, waiting on the lid until after water-pump is replaced. Yeah Rayven has had a lot of trouble with her car just like I have mine. Seems every LS1 owner that I PERSONALLY KNOW! (not just tech members I have never met )has nothing but issues, you PAY TO PLAY! But its worth it! I sat back and thought of myself in a Tiburon or something and...well, my nuts shrank
Old 01-24-2007, 12:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very good I understand you with the pay to play thing tho, I just happened to find a nice car that had the receipts for new water pump, new radiator, new AC system... You're at the mileage where once you fix this stuff, you're in like flint... before you know it you'll be asking for cam swap advice

-J
Old 01-24-2007, 06:44 AM
On The Tree

74k here and only had to change an alternator.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

OMG dude...your windshield looks like you shouldnt have a head!!!

its great your ok, it could have been terribly worse...
Old 01-24-2007, 10:26 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once the insurance company establishes the cost of repairs you can take it to any shop you want and they have to fix it for that price. Your insurance company will have to give them more money if any unforseen things come up while the work is being done, it is their responsibilty. The key here is to take it to a Pontiac dealer, preferably with a new paint shop, and get a lifetime guarantee on the work. When you paint the front end of these cars they have a special flex agent that goes in the paint and almost all after market paint shops will screw it up.

If you go somewhere else keep a close eye out for real small cracks and if you see any appearing I'd sell the car right away. Once they start they get worse real fast.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:12 AM
Launching!

I have been worried about the paint not matching. I'm not sure if this accident will go on the carfax record or not, the other wreck it was in wasn't on the record.
This may sound weird but I am very scared of driving fast and I'm totally terrified of driving at night and I try to avoid ANY kind of highway driving. I am totally turned off to having a car like this now.
BTW I will post pictures of the car when I get it back, they said it would be two weeks. SOO does anyone know anything about Cavaliers? LOL jk
Old 01-25-2007, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Posi12Bolt
OMG dude...your windshield looks like you shouldnt have a head!!!

its great your ok, it could have been terribly worse...
Dude, what do you not get? This person has no *****. THEY ARE FEMALE! ARGggggggggggg...

(Maybe its just my love of goth chics but I cant think of calling some hot girl that I have seen in a leather cop uniform "dude". It grates on me.)
Old 01-25-2007, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

must be my love for them too.
but chill BLKWS.6, its hard to tell over the internet if its a guy or girl. the majority of members here are guys.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:13 AM
12 Second Club

I have been worried about the paint not matching. I'm not sure if this accident will go on the carfax record or not, the other wreck it was in wasn't on the record.
This may sound weird but I am very scared of driving fast and I'm totally terrified of driving at night and I try to avoid ANY kind of highway driving. I am totally turned off to having a car like this now.
BTW I will post pictures of the car when I get it back, they said it would be two weeks. SOO does anyone know anything about Cavaliers? LOL jk
no, it wont go on the carfax unless the insurance company issues it a salvage title. J-bodys arent bad cars. the ones i have always been turned on to is the 1990 Z24. it was the only year for the 3.1 V6 and the squared off body style. i like them.and you can pick them up for relativily cheap.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bww3588
no, it wont go on the carfax unless the insurance company issues it a salvage title. J-bodys arent bad cars. the ones i have always been turned on to is the 1990 Z24. it was the only year for the 3.1 V6 and the squared off body style. i like them.and you can pick them up for relativily cheap.
Thats not true, I got into a minor wreck with my old car, if the insurance company has to pay out on it to get it fixed it will more then likely show up on carfax. NONE of my cars have had salvage titles and many of them showed up with previous fender benders from previous owners. Now if you were paying for the whole repair outa pocket then no it shouldnt show up on carfax unless the show reports it which sometimes they do
Old 01-25-2007, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

On another not, glad that your ok... I know how you feel with being scared to drive and whatnot I was the same way after my "incident" but trust me give it a while it will come back
Old 01-25-2007, 11:55 AM
TECH Resident

wow $7000 are you kidding me?? i could fix that car for under $2000 EASY. it didnt appear to even have any frame damage. wow i say sell it to me when you get it back. **** theres money to be made off this car.
Old 01-25-2007, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

they must be charging you like $800 an hour labor. I just bought a GM bumper ($463 my discount). a fender for $190. a headlight motor for ($350) suspension off ebay is cheap ($100). a little paint and buffing. (windshield with molding installed ($150). i dont see $7000 anywhere near here?
Old 01-25-2007, 12:03 PM
10 Second Club

Just glad your ok, sounds like it could have been alot worse..
Old 01-25-2007, 02:02 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
Thats not true, I got into a minor wreck with my old car, if the insurance company has to pay out on it to get it fixed it will more then likely show up on carfax. NONE of my cars have had salvage titles and many of them showed up with previous fender benders from previous owners. Now if you were paying for the whole repair outa pocket then no it shouldnt show up on carfax unless the show reports it which sometimes they do
it never happend to me. a tree fell on my truck, insurance company paid to fix it. no carfax, a guy ran a stopsign with no insurance, my insuracne compaly paid to fix it, no car fax.
Old 01-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bww3588
must be my love for them too.
but chill BLKWS.6, its hard to tell over the internet if its a guy or girl. the majority of members here are guys.
I guess the picture of Rayven that I posted back on page 2 didn't clear it up?