General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Driving the camaro back to OH in snow, Advise????

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad you made it back with good roads, now get some pic's of it.
Old 01-21-2007, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ExplodingGopher
This is the car that gets the garage:

COOL side badge!
Old 01-21-2007, 02:38 PM
12 Second Club

i'd garage that sucker, too! great looking Stang, glad you got the Z back safely
Old 01-21-2007, 06:15 PM
Teching In

Thx for the compliments, I'm surprised how nice it was, it was actually sunny lol. Although im having some little issues with the Z, I'm still happy with it. Anyone know where to get a new door lock switch ? The drivers side stopped working, and i know its the switch...
Old 01-22-2007, 01:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ExplodingGopher
Thx for the compliments, I'm surprised how nice it was, it was actually sunny lol. Although im having some little issues with the Z, I'm still happy with it. Anyone know where to get a new door lock switch ? The drivers side stopped working, and i know its the switch...
This is a good local f-body dismantler.
http://cgi3.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...id=pick_a_part
Old 01-22-2007, 02:59 PM
On The Tree

Oh yeah Ive been going to Cleveland Pick-A-Part for years. Id call them or go up there, they`ll give you a much better deal over the counter then on ebay.

Glad to hear you made it home though. I smashed my 95 Formula trying to drive it home back winter from Findlay. Talk about a major buzz kill because I only had liability for that month cause money was short then.

Ugh it`s still in my drive way awaiting ressurection.
Old 01-22-2007, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Even though this is an LT1 related problem, i figured i'd ask you guys since you've all been so helpful.

the throttle cable also started sticking when i got home, no matter how hard i pressed the pedal, it stayed at that rpm. The TB is not sticking, it felt like the cable was keeping it from returning to idle speed. It doesn't seem to be binding on anything. I have ASR, no check engine lights or codes, the problem went away this morning when i checked it, but im still scared that it might stick again. Im gonna blow out the cable with compressed air, lube it with some PB'laster. Anything else you guys would suggest?

On another note i did find that a wire to the ASR unit was melted on a header tube which i replaced, soldered, and shrink-wrapped. I don't know if that was the culprit or not because the throttle would stick even with the ignition off.

Does the throttle cable go into the back of the ASR unit from the pedal, then to the TB?

Any input would be great....Thx again