General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Should I sell??

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 08:07 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Should I sell??

Well this is just a thread about what I should do?? I love my firebird had her 2 years and the 3rd owner and still nothing has ever been wrong with her.... Shes a 99 and very well taken care of in her lifetime.... I would have to say ive been pretty **** about my car since i got it....Neways... About a week ago I had to blow out my rear differential being a careless, pissy, bad attitude biotch... I let frustration get too me... Neways! I got her fixed finally got her back yesterday... It cost me $1,100 to get her back.. seeming the used axle, gears ect being 700.00 + 350.00 ++ labor... She seems to feel herself again, but im being extra baby with her since what i did to her.... Sooo i come to my Question??? Should I sell her and get a new car? she has 126,00 miles and Im thinking about the future i guess..... and hoping that nothing else goes wrong after blowing out her rear... haha neways I dont want ne other car but a firebird...:-( just wouldnt feel right! so neone have any thoughts??????

Later,

Megan P>
Old 01-19-2007, 08:11 PM
CK1
Teching In

everybody always hates their car when it breaks, and loves it when nothing is wrong
Old 01-19-2007, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Thats sooooo true but i still love my car just a lil less sure about future repairs...lol Wish i knew how to work on it all myself i would never stop liking the firebird line....:-)
Old 01-19-2007, 08:27 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,792 Likes on 1,277 Posts

Well, if you don't want anything else besides a Firebird, then you have two choices:

1) Keep the one you have.

2) Buy one that is newer/has less miles.

And the choice between those two options all comes down to money. Do you want to spend the cash to buy a newer one? Or just keep fixing the older one? Keep in mind, just because you might get a newer one with less miles doesn't mean that it won't break too.
Old 01-21-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Regular

I would keep it. My car has 155k miles and I plan on keeping it so I can make it my weekend car at some point.
Old 01-22-2007, 03:23 PM
Launching!

well it depends. when you say firebird are you talking about a Trans Am or Formula or just a v6. i'm assuming a Trans Am because you blew the rear end. (i'm not sure but i think that would be hard with the v6). If it is a v6 though what about an upgrade to an LS1? On the other hand if it's a v8 you could get one with less miles in better shape and it could be a nice change.