General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Wow nice, I found a hidden cupholder!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007 | 10:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by SpaZMaN
i never knew it for about 2 months, and it tooke me 4 to find out i have a locking glove box....lol
The glove box locks! Been driving f-bodies 6 and a half years and didn't know that seriously
Old 01-27-2007 | 11:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by darcar1
Thanks to you guys once again now I know that the glass roof is removable also. But you will never guess what else I found. I will share this secret with my fellow fbody fans. Those glass roof thingies will actually fit in the rear of the car and lock into place so they don't rattle around. Yup you heard it right. There are holders for the roof things right there in the back. I'm so excited about all the new things I'm finding that I'm going back to the garage now to see what else GM hid on us.
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
No ****???? I mean, really?????????????

Damn, GM thought of EVERYTHING!!!! That's great, cause I was worried about what might happen if I had to leave the glass panels at home and it started raining. This is great news!! Next thing you know, you're gonna tell me that GM actually made some sort of shade to cover the glass when it's sunny outside. Man, too bad nobody ever thought of something like that...right????
Man, I wish I knew everything ahead of time like you guys, I mean it must be great not ever having to learn anything because you already know everything
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by RPM WS6
No ****???? I mean, really?????????????

Damn, GM thought of EVERYTHING!!!! That's great, cause I was worried about what might happen if I had to leave the glass panels at home and it started raining. This is great news!! Next thing you know, you're gonna tell me that GM actually made some sort of shade to cover the glass when it's sunny outside. Man, too bad nobody ever thought of something like that...right????
Seriously though, are those sun shades for the t-tops supposed to come with the car? I know I've seen them, but mine doesn't have any (unless that is my next big discovery in some "secret" compartment I haven't found yet). Are they just an aftermarket thing, or maybe 98-02 only?
Old 01-28-2007 | 12:40 AM
TECH Resident

I think the sun shades were an option. When I got my car they were in the well of the tops. I got really pissed with my 95. One of the previous owners decided to take those t-top holders for his stereo, and never put them back in. But the thing I loved was with the stereo. It already had a power cable installed. Saved me a bunch of time wiring up the power cable.
Old 01-28-2007 | 01:08 AM
Launching!

i didn't know about this cupholder for about 6months after I bought my TA. wouldn't have known it if I hadn't been riding in a friends fbody and he told me to put something in that cupholder and i thought he was crazy thinking there was another cupholder besides the one that is useless. he thought I was a complete f#cking idiot for not knowing that there was a cupholder there. and til this day I still forget that it is there
Old 01-28-2007 | 01:11 AM
LS1Tech Administrator
20 Year Member

Originally Posted by Shooter_Jay
Man, I wish I knew everything ahead of time like you guys
I wish that was true. If I knew everything ahead of time, I'd be a very happy lotto winner living the good life in Maui. It'd be 82 degrees outside my place right now, rather than 16.
Old 01-28-2007 | 01:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by jewbacca
I think the sun shades were an option. When I got my car they were in the well of the tops. I got really pissed with my 95. One of the previous owners decided to take those t-top holders for his stereo, and never put them back in. But the thing I loved was with the stereo. It already had a power cable installed. Saved me a bunch of time wiring up the power cable.
Mine actually has a power cable in it too. Only thing is, it's much smaller guage than the one I have been using with my amp, so I might end up taking it out anyway. Those t-top slots are gonna have to come out too, or the sub box won't fit in there. I picked up a t-top bag from a 3rd gen car on eBay, I just have to attach something to hook the bag onto.
Old 01-28-2007 | 01:36 AM
TECH Resident

Yeah, I had a big sub in my last car, but I sold it with the car. I was gonna stick a sub in place of my spare, so I didn't loose precious t-top space. I always was afread of cracking one in my last car. But I guess I'm getting older, lol (at 21). I don't think I'm gonna stick another big sub in my car that I have to take out everytime I race. I think I am just gonna install a nicer deck. some new speakers, and a better amp and call it a day. You can get a good amount of bass out of the speakers in the back, and you can actually listen to your music, lol.
Old 01-28-2007 | 02:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

secret compartments thats awesome i cant belive a thread about not knowing that there is a cup holder on the side of the console made 6 pages damn the one i cant figure out is how the hell i have 5 cupholders in a car that is designed to have 4 people in it that one is absurd
Old 01-28-2007 | 09:45 AM
TECH Veteran

lol that was the first thing i noticed wehen i got in the car, it's so helpful because i have stick and it's so uncomfortable putting it in the drivers cup holder.
Old 01-28-2007 | 11:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

Actually, if you look at the t-top holder there is a place to insert the t-top shades in a small slot up against the back of the car and holder! How many people new that one?
Old 01-28-2007 | 04:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by ghettocruiser
Haha what year is your grand cherokee??? They have hidden ones in the back as well They slide out of the console lid...and when out will lock the console lid so you dont accidently spill the drinks....

I know about my "secret" cup holder because my console is in an 87 TA...so I saw it while installing the console

Justin

1994. There are no secret cup holders in it.
Old 01-28-2007 | 07:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

all there is to say about that.
Old 01-28-2007 | 07:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by purdueranger
1994. There are no secret cup holders in it.
yea only 97+'s have them....

AND I think the TTop shades came with the cars but so many owners just took them out and forgot about them when they sold the car
Old 01-28-2007 | 07:29 PM
TECH Regular

hell, i didn't know you could unlock the passenger side door by pressing the button on the key fob twice. my girl friend figured that one out. you all cant beat me up too bad about that though, before i got the '97, my newest car was an '87 Formula. everything else was either form the '60's or '70's.
Old 01-28-2007 | 10:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i wish gm was nice enough to put a cup holder in my car like that.... damn thing sucks to shift with a freakin coke can in it.... might have to go steal on out an fbod
Old 01-28-2007 | 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

I'll trade you interiors.
Old 01-28-2007 | 10:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

im good with just the cupholders but it was worth a try
Old 01-29-2007 | 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ya know come to think of it. I was messing around with the buttons and ***** and switches i turn on my lights and these things came out of my hood. I didnt know i had them. Hell i didnt even knew that opend up. Im thinking here the 2 big round lights were the headlights.

Quick Reply: Wow nice, I found a hidden cupholder!