General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Small miracle? knocking goes away?

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2007, 05:32 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Small miracle? knocking goes away?

I has a new Stroked LS2 installed in my car. I broke the car in for 550 miles. Took it to a Dyno shop to have it tuned and the first time it went above 5000 RPM's it made a knocking sound. We all thought it spun a rod bearing. The shop was going to work on it for me but had no one during the holiday seasons. Four weeks pass by. THey then start it up and no knocking, let it warm up, take the RPm's up and still no knocking? The car seems fine now with no metal in the oil. What could have happened? The car also has a rear main oil leak thats about 10 drops a day but has good oil pressure.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you have a NEW stroked LS2 with a little more than 550 miles on it and it's knocking and leaking oil? who built this thing?! i'd demand they tear down the motor and rebuild it. apparently, they built it up all wrong.
Old 01-25-2007, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe you were just VERY LUCKY??
Old 01-25-2007, 06:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
you have a NEW stroked LS2 with a little more than 550 miles on it and it's knocking and leaking oil? who built this thing?! i'd demand they tear down the motor and rebuild it. apparently, they built it up all wrong.
Agreed. No properly put together engine should have knocking after taking the RPMs up with just 550 miles. Even if it's not knocking down, you need to open that thing up just to be sure. Or get the shop that put it together to open it up.