General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Rat Rod Ls Ride

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2007, 05:24 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rat Rod Ls Ride

well im looking to buld and everyday driver that i can have some fun with.plus id be great to have hagerty insurance instead of being on my pops plan and jacking up the price. i want to start learning some serious skills so i started looking into ratrods. i feel much safer experimenting on something that i feel i cant mess up to bad. I was wondering if anyone knows about any websites, shops, or anything in general about rot rods that have ls based motors in them. I looked around a great deal but didnt find anything. I understand the whole ratrod them calls for a totally different type of motor but i think it would be awsome to have a ls1 or 2 in there to drive everyday. it would be fun and have great gas mileage. I was looking at this car as an example. http://www.hotrodders.com/ads/showproduct.php.i wanted to spend no more than like 16-17k so if u have some ideas dont go crazy on me! if anyone has any general or specific info for me it would be a huuuge help. if its a stupid idea....tell me! thanks alot.
Old 01-30-2007, 06:38 PM
12 Second Club

Received 608 Likes on 481 Posts

Well... having a ratrod with an EFI engine kind of goes against what a rat rod is, don't you think? If I were doing it, I'd buy a 6.0 iron block longblock out of a truck, add a nasty cam, Edelbrock's performer RPM carb intake and a 750 holley and call it a day. It'd make at least 400 HP and be pretty reliable. Oh, I would paint the engine flat black to make it look a little more low key and ratty. It'll be a good conversation piece, because a lot of old timers won't have a clue what it is.
Old 01-30-2007, 11:26 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i agree 100 percent....but thats somethign different for me. i want a rat rod...a cool driver. i dont care if its rusted cause it experimental. but.....to be different and sensible at the same time id put an efi in it. first of all cause it would be something out of the ordinary and second it would be helpful for going back and forth to school. it needs to get not great better decent gas. for me, its what i want and it doesnt have to fit into a specific category. if i wanted a full old shool flathead ratrod ur absolutely right though. im still looking for place to buy a ratrod that is a good candidate though. any websites or info would be awsome.thanks

Quick Reply: Rat Rod Ls Ride