General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

If I were to sell it?

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Trust
Crap, now I have a dude who wants to buy it and the guys up at Extreme (local amazing shop in Oklahoma) were talking me out of it. I was just looking at it in the parking lot and it looks pretty sick IMO. Maybe I should hold off, I mean I almost have enough cash for a supercharger. So is the general consensus to keep it?
pretty much.... supercharger would def. get you lovin' your car again
Old 02-06-2007, 08:33 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,793 Likes on 1,277 Posts

So is the general consensus to keep it?
YES!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by The Black Mamba
Most people will be turned off by the mileage.
I totally agree with this statement. While it might have a new engine/trans etc there are still plenty of obscure parts that truly do have 148k on them...

You would be targeting a very small market. Trying to sell a used, highly modified car is difficult when it does have low mileage, let alone one that is pushing a six digit reading on the odometer. While financially it does make sense to buy an already modded car (you let the seller take the hit on the parts) a lot of people don't see it that way. They are unsure of how the parts were installed...I've seen so many ghetto rigged cars (not saying yours is one of them). Also with the new engine/trans they may be put off by that also.

I really think you should keep it. Or better yet, list it for sale but don't bank on it selling anytime soon, that way you can sit and wait out for the price/buyer you are looking for.

Or keep it and buy a C5 at the same time. There's no shame in having a stock vette...you will quickly see that. When I first got my vette I was like because I didn't have the money to modify it...but honestly, how the car sits stock is pretty damn fulfilling (and it takes a lot for me, a modaholic, to honestly say that).
Old 02-06-2007, 09:09 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ I see your point, but from what I'm told the price is fair and there is already one guy that wants to fly down and pick it up. However I see where you're coming from, thanks for the input!
Old 02-06-2007, 09:42 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ I see your point, but from what I'm told the price is fair and there is already one guy that wants to fly down and pick it up. However I see where you're coming from, thanks for the input!
Good luck with that, I hate dealing with the nonsense of selling cars, lol.