General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

So I nearly died last night...

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 11:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice Knight
I live in clark county but it happened in Preble, the officer was a sheriff.

Now that I have read more I didn't know at the time but I should have just kept driving after the accident and called insurance the next day and you can still have a police report made within 10 days after.
yes, only if you strike another vehicle or somthing of that nature are you required to stop. i live in ross county. chillicothe to be exact. ive made many trips to springfield to the clark county fairgrounds for the cars N' parts swap meet. i about bought a 95 Z up there one year. if you decide to put it back together or part it out LMK, ill lend a hand.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya, glad to hear someone else feels the same.
I hear ya man. Good luck on the road to ressurection, and goodluck with all your legal woes.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bww3588
yes, only if you strike another vehicle or somthing of that nature are you required to stop. i live in ross county. chillicothe to be exact. ive made many trips to springfield to the clark county fairgrounds for the cars N' parts swap meet. i about bought a 95 Z up there one year. if you decide to put it back together or part it out LMK, ill lend a hand.

She's going back together, damage isn't that horrific, just the radiator mount on that corner and some other sheet metal is bent in, I can do the bodypanels and stuff myself, but I need to get it home first so I can look it over better and strip the front end of the broken plastic and stuff first to see what needs done. Basically the whole area where the head light mounts needs worked over as it's mashed up in.
Old 02-07-2007, 11:35 AM
12 Second Club

She's going back together, damage isn't that horrific, just the radiator mount on that corner and some other sheet metal is bent in, I can do the bodypanels and stuff myself, but I need to get it home first so I can look it over better and strip the front end of the broken plastic and stuff first to see what needs done. Basically the whole area where the head light mounts needs worked over as it's mashed up in.
thats not too bad. any word from the insurance? anyways, if you need help this is the place to look for it. LS1tech.com >all
Old 02-07-2007, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
thats not too bad. any word from the insurance? anyways, if you need help this is the place to look for it. LS1tech.com >all

State farm should have looked at it by today and I should get a call today about their decision, I assume they will total it. Kelly blue book value is about 15,000, I owe 7,000 still and buy back probably about 2,500 and pay off a credit car for 1,000 dollars with car parts only on it.

So i'll have the rest to help cover costs of repair and court and attorney fees. And I have all the reciepts for my installed mods, total of 1100 bucks in parts, that should raise settlement value.

Plus I will need to find a beater to drive through winter and while the bird is here at home being treated.
Old 02-07-2007, 10:04 PM
Launching!

Well, they totaled it like I figured, working on buying it back now, they are kinda being a bitch about letting me have it saying I need to get the title from the bank and have it switched to a salvage title then send them a copy of the title before I can get my settlement check.

Problem is I still owe 6,900 on the car and don't have that laying around to get my title from the bank. I thought they just deducted your payoff from the settlement total along with your deductable and buy back costs. They said the law changed a few years ago, ****. I'm working on it though.

Even the guy who towed the bird is giving me a hassle saying it would be a pain to repair, but I already know he's an idiot because he told me the pcm and all the electronics are in the corner where it was hit, ya right., and just rambled on about some bs. I think everyone just wants to get there hands on a cheap WS6... lol

I will be getting back 15,857 bucks in the settlement, and that seems damn good considering I paid 16,500 for it well over a year and 25,000 miles later.

Minus my 7,000 payoff, 500 deductable and 2500 buy back and Ipocket the rest to start repairs and buy a beater. I think i'm not to fucked if all goes as I hope. Course still have a court thing and attorney to deal with.

Car should be home tommorow!
Old 02-09-2007, 05:52 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Hey man, nice talking to you tonight. I really hope this **** goes your way.

At least you got your car back thats a good start, I will check it out when I am there tomorrow.

-Ben
Old 02-09-2007, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Well I got the car back yesterday, it's pretty mangled but not as horrible as it looks, mostly foam and plastic destruction. Too bad it just barely had to get the hood! damn! She should be on the roads again in time for spring, atleast I hope.

PICTURES:

Old 02-10-2007, 12:44 AM
12 Second Club

thats not too bad. but you never know till you start digging.
Old 02-10-2007, 04:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

scary ****.. sorry about all the bad stuff in you life.. I feel for you man. at least your ok to live another day. Good luck with everything.

I've had that happen to me 3 times

once was 26 hours straight trying to drive from IL to AZ without stopping, I had to stop after 26 hours.

the other two were DRUNK as hell coming back from U of I and ISU.... was not good.. I had to pull over off the highway and hit a parking lot to catch some zzzzzz's.

scary as hell when you doze out for a second and come back and notice your in a car on the highway and almost hitting guard rails. I'm glad I made it out alive those times..

Last edited by Finite1; 02-10-2007 at 06:20 AM.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Ya I know it was all crazy and stupid, but I still got screwed unfairly. I had the drinks hours earlier, and I passed the breathalyzer! But he got me cuz I guess I didn't do up to par on the pen test. But it's messed up cuz I had just had a airbag blow in my face knocking the hell outta me and had that powder in my eyes, my contacts were all dried out and crap. Ya it sucks I know. I was in the country so there was really no where to stop to grab anything and I felt pretty much ok, the tiredness just hit so fast I didn't even realize it till it was too late.

Still it's not like I didn't screw up to I guess, stayed out to late, driving in a new area, just not being careful enough.

But atleast i'm ok, and most all the car is good for a part out, especially the drivetrain, car drives fine, just looks like hell up front.. I just hate this cuz there goes my insurance and all my discounts. But I still have my license since I passed the breathalyzer. Now I just gotta sell a bunch of my stuff and raise money fast, i'm supposed to go to court tommorow, it's all messed up, I feel like hell.

If you passed the breathalyzer the DUI charge will get dropped.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:15 PM
Launching!

Well, wish me luck guys, i'm gonna start diggin and removing the broken pieces tommorow, i'll take a new pic of what's still there when the panels and busted crap is off, just praying theres no structural damage, and I think i'm lucky, only thing bent any so far is the structure running across the foam attaches to.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:38 PM
12 Second Club

good luck
Old 02-12-2007, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Rameon01
smirnoff ice? will that girly fruit drink even show up on the breathalizer? dont freak out, its just a car. get another one. and YES it will be totalled. the good thing is your alive to tell the tale
Three of them = 3 shots of decent vodka in a short period of time and depending on the circumstances that could be plenty.
Old 02-13-2007, 07:55 PM
Launching!

Keep us posted, dude! Lots of ppl following this thread!
Old 02-13-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=Ice Knight]Ya I know it was all crazy and stupid, but I still got screwed unfairly. I had the drinks hours earlier, and I passed the breathalyzer! But he got me cuz I guess I didn't do up to par on the pen test. But it's messed up cuz I had just had a airbag blow in my face knocking the hell outta me and had that powder in my eyes, my contacts were all dried out and crap.

Uh duh...it is called a horizontal nystagmus test. It has nothing to do with the airbag or powder. It is a physical reaction that can't be prevented due to the consumption of alcohol.
Bottom line is you were at least impaired to drive.
Suck it up and count your lucky stars, you were not screwed at all. You F*cked yourself.
Old 02-13-2007, 09:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

This actually sounds like you made out (as far as the car goes). You get 15,5 in pocket, you owe 7k and pay 2,5 for the car you should have 6k left in pocket a busted up car and a title w/ out a lien on it. Assuming my numbers are what you mean, you did pretty well. ... now on to the legal BS.
Old 02-20-2007, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

bump..
court date... whats the story, I hope everything worked out for ya.