General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Cheer me up :-(

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
i have a 97 ws6 and its in really good condition..Just that i bought headers and install was a bitch..Ive put $1500 on my credit card already and now my alternator decided to take a ****..On top of that, i see small leaks under my car meaning the water pump is going soon..So in a matter of 1 month..i accumulated $3000 in labor/repair/mods/misc/.. Thank God for no interest for 1 year but i feel really down about all this..Who knows, in 5 months the ******* fuel pump will crap out..

I was just curious who else has put so much money into their car towards repairs and actually is financing it like me..
Yeah, man. Sometimes it just dosen't seem to be worth it, you know? Sucks sometimes.
Old 02-07-2007, 04:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
Hey, he said cheer him up
ain't that the truth, that wouldn't make me feel any better thats for sure!
Old 02-07-2007, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

i blew my motor and couldnt drive my car for 6 months because i had to save 5k to replace my shortblock,heads and cam..........it sucked. after awhile i would lose interest in modding my car im jus starting to get back into it...... i think
Old 02-07-2007, 12:15 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,686 Likes on 1,208 Posts

Talking

Originally Posted by BLKWS.6
Pffft. When I have my car mess up, I dont say "cheer me up", I call you all lucky bastards on barrowed time and say GM's are ****
GMs were fine till you bought one. You cursed that car, you dirty Ford loving bastard.
Old 02-07-2007, 01:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

You could be dead!!!!!! Now cheer up.
Old 02-07-2007, 03:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

it coulds been a whole lot worse my buddy, be thankful that this is what you have. it may seem crappy, but fix the problems when they come up, dont just put them away for a later date. i fix all the small problems that come up, lights, fluids and whatever comes up un-announced. just be happy you dont have to deal with FI, you think N/A is a pain the ***, you have yet to start modding. im in now way trying to bragg, just informing on MY problems. second thing on my list gave out and that means i cant even enjoy the car because of it. and it'll be a bout 1300 for just parts.......

goodluck and i hope you fix this and start to enjoy the car
Old 02-10-2007, 06:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by razorclaw99
i have a 97 ws6 and its in really good condition..Just that i bought headers and install was a bitch..Ive put $1500 on my credit card already and now my alternator decided to take a ****..On top of that, i see small leaks under my car meaning the water pump is going soon..So in a matter of 1 month..i accumulated $3000 in labor/repair/mods/misc/.. Thank God for no interest for 1 year but i feel really down about all this..Who knows, in 5 months the ******* fuel pump will crap out..

I was just curious who else has put so much money into their car towards repairs and actually is financing it like me..

Rule number 1, I don't care how new or old the car is you should keep in the back of your mind and your bank account that something will break even when you least expect it. We bought a brand new 06 Civic it went back to Honda twice in December, all under warrenty but its a good example.

I have a 97 LT1 as well, very well taken care of:

June 06 - Driving along the interstate just doodleing along and well yeah I had it in the back of my mind for oh say 4-5 months that I probably needed to just buy a new elec-water pump since I knew the mileage on the current one was getting up there. But of course I don't buy one and low and behold I happen to glance at my temp gage and its going up pretty quick so I fly into the far right lane trying to slow down and shut it off and a hose busts in the process so I've got steam and coolant flying everywhere. Finnally get her shut down, and well to make a long story short it was rush hour morning traffic and I couldn't get to the exit, tried calling "AAA", for a tow, let it cool off started it got almost to the exit and had to shut it down again. The state trooper had to push me up the ramp into a gas station, now if that isn't humilitating I don't know what is, but it served me right b/c I pushed it and lost, then to have the car on the back of the rollback was even better NOT!!!!

So after that excitement I get the car painted in July, NOT cheap by any means, so when I get the car back the alternator DIES, then on top of that while putting it in I realise the radiator has a crack in it. SO finnally after re-placeing all of that ****, I hear a new noise coming from the engine....I'm thinking great the headers are leaking again, cause that's what it sounded like. WRONG!!!!!!!! This all happen from June to August 06, try topping that ****...I'm numb about it now bleh, just gives me an excuse to SAVE money instead.

Having a car habit is great IF you can afford it but lets face it most of us think we can when we really can't. I love my LT1 but damn I didn't think at 167,000 I would be rebuilding the motor, oh well time for heads/cam package...