General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GTO performance mode?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 10:04 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GTO performance mode?

Got a question about my 05 A4 GTO. With traction control on, everything is fine until I have wheelspin and the display shows traction loss. At that point the trac turns itsself off and the car shifts SUPER hard, also the car is much faster. It will spin the tires through the 2-3 shift at WOT and chirp 1-2 shift under only moderate accelerator input. Now, I have no problem with this except you can't turn trac back on (the button does nothing) and every shift is really felt while driving normally (BAM!) unless you turn the car off and then back on (then everything is back to normal).
I know on my 02 A4 Z28 if there was a problem with trac control the car would go into "limp" mode and only stay in 3d gear, which this car does not. It hits every gear fine. I'm just trying to find out if anyone else has heard of or experienced this. It seems like the computer is just completely shutting torque management off. The car has 10K on the clock and I, honestly am not sure if I want the problem corrected by the dealer under warranty or not. Any ideas? Any info? Any **** talk? lol Thanks