General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

did this ever happen to you before?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2007, 07:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default did this ever happen to you before?

I was driving yesterday and all of a sudden my car got really rough even at idle.. then my rpms got all fucked up as if i let go of the gas but i was still holdin it.. pretty much like it was dying & comin back to life ...My friend told me it was bad gas and i went to fill up..The problem went away but my question is i had 1/4 of a tank..WTF? Is my fuel filter that fkin bad..

I just went to the store and bought STP GAS CLEANER and STP FUEL INJECTOR CLEANER...do u guys think this stuff will help me?
Old 02-09-2007, 08:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Fuel filter or pump, your ECT sensor may be goin out too, it may read a REALLY low temp on the coolant and flooding the engine with gas; not good.
Old 02-09-2007, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ECT sensor doesn't sound right to me, I had one go bad on me (broke it putting headers in).

My car did something very similar, I came to a stop and the car dropped down to about 300rpm, surged to a little over 1000, dropped again, and then cut out. I changed the fuel filter and ran some top end cleaner through the intake. Worked like a charm. Fuel filter was full of stuff, I don't think the previous owner of the car ever had it changed...