General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Running rubbing alcohol to pass smog

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by chec_o
your in california just look for one of those mexican repair shops, learn some spanish and get your inspeciton sticker w/o doing anything to your car just slip the guy a few bucks and a taco you'll be fine.

( for the record I am of mexican decent so the above comments are not racist they are just an observation of my own people)
kinda got offended at first but laughed at the end kinda one of those bitter sweet type deals
Old 02-14-2007, 06:31 PM
11 Second Club

Received 75 Likes on 55 Posts

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Yeah just stick another two or three on the back over there, hell go with a six pack!!!

Damn you bastards. Do you know what it is like trying to pass inspections in Austin Texas?

"Hey can I slip you a ten to pass me?"

"No but you can give me that ten to stop me from having my manager call the cops on you for bribery."
Old 02-15-2007, 10:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chec_o
your in california just look for one of those mexican repair shops, learn some spanish and get your inspeciton sticker w/o doing anything to your car just slip the guy a few bucks and a taco you'll be fine.

( for the record I am of mexican decent so the above comments are not racist they are just an observation of my own people)

Ha ha ha, taco... snort!

Hey does that actually work?
Old 02-15-2007, 02:16 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Methyl-tert-butyl ether is added to gasoline to increase the oxygen content which makes for a cleaner burning fuel. You could try some of that, its common name is MTBE.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Junkie

how about move to another state, I would hate emmissions, and if they hit here I would just pay some guy off.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by black01_WS6
how about move to another state, I would hate emmissions, and if they hit here I would just pay some guy off.
Good luck finding that guy. If they get caught its something like 20k in fines here
Old 02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by black01_WS6

Emissions will eventually become a federal law (more than likely). The states and areas that pass them have to many possitive benefits because of them.

I mean we all just think it is great for some *** in a 1986 Ford F-150 (with like 180 hp tops) to drive around without a cat and massive cam.

I just love waking up to that every morning.

Then they all have to compete to see who can spout out more black smoke and have an even louder more obnoxious sounding truck with even less low-end torque.

Wow I miss Texas.

Quick Reply: Running rubbing alcohol to pass smog