General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.
View Poll Results: Should I sell my A4 98 Z28, for an M6 99-02 SS
Keep the car and start modding it.
18.18%
Go for the M6 SS, its your dream car anyway.
81.82%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Thinking of selling my car for an M6

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2007, 12:19 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
I really would like a hugger SS because that was the color that caught my eye when I starte to like LS1 Camaros. From what I notice people ask around 14,000 for them
Depending on mileage, it could list for A LOT more than that. But that would only be an issue if you're looking for a show car.

Originally Posted by Mr. Trick
I would like to get 85,000 for mine. Thanks everyone and keep the comments coming
I've got a comment for ya, HOLY HELL! $85,000 for your car? You gotta be some kinda nut!

(lol, yes I know, it was probably just a typo )

You gotta get what makes you happy, that's all there is to it. Many people have tried to talk me into a 6-speed over the years, and I always tell them the same thing.....if I wanted one, I would have one. Last time I drove an M6 LS1 car was back in '00, and I didn't care for it then and I still don't now. Just too much traffic in my area, and the M6 is too much hassle for me. I wouldn't want it if someone gave it to me. To each his own...... But, GET WHAT YOU LIKE! Otherwise you'll be sorry later.
Old 02-21-2007, 01:03 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had an A4, sold the car for an M6 (listened to all the damn peer pressure ), now im gona swap back to a built A4 I never really saw the big deal about driving stick, and track times are my main priority. If you already have an auto beater, then I think you should swap for an M6, forget the SS and go for some rims. Being you have a beater, the second it gets old at all the stop lights and traffic, you just jump in your beater and all is well. Dont think your gona win too many more track events tho but being thats not too important to you, I dont think you'll miss the auto much.
Old 02-21-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

I say get the M6 they are fun cars
Old 02-22-2007, 10:20 AM
12 Second Club

Yea my chances of winning will pretty much fly out the window with an M6, but I dont hardly go to the track because its about 60 miles away and they only have races one sunday a month. Being able to find a HOSS to fit my budget is going to be a challenge also, but if I can find one I think it will be worth both the wait to find one and selling my Z28 for. I wish I could find a hardtop but I know thats next to impossible so a t-top car will work, I'll just keep the sunshades on and never take off the tops like I do with this car.
Old 02-24-2007, 07:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I say keep the A4 since your highly attached to it. Just start modding and say "bye bye" to the M6 cars.

I like the A4 just as good as the M6.

But, you'll be driving it... get what YOU want!
Old 02-24-2007, 07:53 PM
Launching!

I would say swap in the m6 to your current car, that is what I am looking to do to my car this summer. I was also thinking about selling mine to get a SOM one, but I decided by the time its all said and done i would be out to much money and I am already attached to my car like you are.