General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

got a ticket ahhhhh!

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 09:57 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
haha I know I was just stating it again so everyone got it, I mean dont want a ticket dont break the law its as simple as that, There must be a reason why that street was a No U turn. If the police didnt do anything you would continue to do it, and at one point could end up gettin hurt b/c its not a safe place for a U turn. And going a little further down the street to make a U turn in a safer place is worth not gettin hurt or wreckin your car over.
I mean we all have to learn, I learned the hard way, and finally got it through my head, laws are their for a reason, dont want a ticket dont break the law. And remember cops dont make the laws they just enfore them, Yea I still speed a little bit but IF I get a ticket for it I accept the consequences of my actions and move on
except the consequences. lol F that i got a lawyer, its going to be dropped and not getting any points.... but u keep on speeding and u except those consequenses. have fun with that.

Last edited by 91s10LS1; 02-22-2007 at 02:27 PM.
Old 02-22-2007, 10:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The thing is, the Cop knew he had nothing(We were in my bros HIGHLY tinted Integra which seems to raise a lot of unnecesary attention in itself). And I think it was more the fact of the car than anything else. lol, I lay low in my GTP, cops think Im an old man, so I never really get bothered! We had done absolutely nothing wrong, maybe a a couple MPH over the limit when we passed(and Im talking 3/4!) so there was no reason for him even to follow us, let alone cause comotion outside my house. You could tell he was a rookie trying to cling on to anything he could get! Well.....better luck next time! He may very well have been able to write us a ticket, but for what? He was prob looking for drugs or to see if we were drunk. I just couldnt believe he went to town on the lights and ****, obviously we saw him follow us for the past few miles! This was 2 summers ago, I haven't seen him again. Hes probably on the radio like Farva, where he belongs...."Do you need my assistance!".....
Old 02-22-2007, 10:18 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 91s10LS1
excepth the consequences. lol F that i got a lawyer, its going to be dropped and not getting any points.... but u keep on speeding and u except those consequenses. have fun with that.
First off learn how to spell, and second its ACCEPT not except and keep goin by that and see where that gets you in life, and a Lawyer is costing you Money isnt it? That would be considered a consequence to normal people, I got a lawyer but you will find out paying for it gets old really fast.
Old 02-22-2007, 02:32 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Starz T/A 17
First off learn how to spell, and second its ACCEPT not except and keep goin by that and see where that gets you in life, and a Lawyer is costing you Money isnt it? That would be considered a consequence to normal people, I got a lawyer but you will find out paying for it gets old really fast.
let me fix that for u there starz. kinda gay name. i got a question 4 u y is our name starz ta when u own a z28. you keep on accepting those consequences I am going to get it droped so you can go be a post ***** in someone elses thread. go correct some more spelling since u prolly know nothing about cars
Old 02-22-2007, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

w/e thats like 2rd grade spelling errors but Im done here, Im havin trouble reading your response, but go back and read the other peoples responses Im not the only one who said what I did, its people like you that give car guys bad names and our bad reputation with the police. And my user name is part of my last name and I used to have 2 T/A's and didnt get around to changing it yet Like I said Im done here good luck with the ticket....
Old 02-22-2007, 05:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I'm sorry, Bruce. These boys get that syrup in 'em, they get all antsy in their pantsy.
Old 02-22-2007, 06:05 PM
TECH Regular

The worst part is they will pay overtime for the police to sit out there and write speeding tickets when 99 percent of the population routinely speeds because it makes money for the gov't. OTOH when there are cars and homes being broke into in the middle of the night you can drive by almost every 7 eleven/donut shop at 3AM and find one there but you'll never see one driving down your street or walking through the neighborhood at that time. Funny how that works.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:07 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
NDFRSPD, funny story, but being on your property doesn't mean anything. If he had actually witnessed you commit a traffic infraction he could have come in your house, issued you the ticket and maybe even charged you with obstruction of justice. He figured one of two things, he had nothing or it wasn't worth the hassle.
FYI he doesn't need a warrant like you may be thinking.
I wouldn't be surprised hear he ticketed the registered owner of the car and put the ticket in the mail.
In any manner, no sense in pissing off a cop that works in your area. He can make you his project and as soon as you step off the line he got you. What are you going to do complain that you broke the law and he caught you??
Just trying to make matters clear here for everyone to understand so they don't get themselves in a pickle.
Law enforcement attracts strange individuals. Some cops are cool and do what they are supposed to. Some are on power trips and have to teach you a lesson. But I guess this is the same in all professions.
Nobody likes being lectured even when they did wrong, just give me the ticket.
Wellll...this, of course, varies by state/jurisdiction. It did not matter that he was standing on his property had he actually commited an infraction that the officer witnessed. However, where I worked (Mississippi) an officer cannot just "come into your house, issue a ticket...". Yes, to do so, an officer would need a warrant, or an invite from the owner. A traffic ticket is less than a misdemeanor, and no judge I know would ever issue a warrant to enter a residence for a traffic ticket. No officer I know would ever even approach a judge with such a ridiculous affidavit.

As far as entering the residence goes, I'm fairly certain that the Fourth Amendment applies to all 50 states.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^^ traffic tickets can actually be misdemeanor's....and if i go to stop someone and they run, and say i can follow them home and they go inside, i have every right to go after them.....
Old 02-23-2007, 06:43 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by staringback05
^^^^ traffic tickets can actually be misdemeanor's....and if i go to stop someone and they run, and say i can follow them home and they go inside, i have every right to go after them.....

That's not a traffic ticket...that's a misdemeanor. Those are two separate charges. If you were to enter a residence b/c of a traffic offense, you better make sure it's serious enough to warrant it. The original post, a seat-belt offense, would NOT warrant entry. Are you now or have you ever worked in Law Enforcement?
Old 02-23-2007, 06:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

....im a S.O. for a county in florida....read the tickets my son....i dont know how you kids do it in bama...but here there are three box's you can choose from and one is called "criminal citation" which results in a NTA....presented on a traffic ciatation....

for example i wrote one tonight...(i work 6pm-6am)....no motorcycle endorsement is a criminal offense in the state of florida....
Old 02-23-2007, 06:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

however i didnt read the seat belt post....no id say just on that it doesnt warrant a entrance....but fleeing from a officer because of a traffic ciation is called felony evasion...which in that case alot of rules go out the window
Old 02-23-2007, 07:00 AM
Launching!

....im a S.O. for a county in florida....read the tickets my son....i dont know how you kids do it in bama...but here there are three box's you can choose from and one is called "criminal citation" which results in a NTA....presented on a traffic ciatation....

for example i wrote one tonight...(i work 6pm-6am)....no motorcycle endorsement is a criminal offense in the state of florida....
Thank you...dad, for emphasizing my point that these laws vary from state to state. I don't know how these kids do it in Alabama, as I have never worked here. I have to say though, if y'all are kicking doors for traffic violations (or even writing them) it sounds like y'all are pretty bored. That's city cop ****.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

city cop ****? ..a sheriffs officer here isnt a city cop....ehh we dont get bored....anyways bored works both ways...means were doing our job, which makes the taxing pay citizens happy, which means we dont get yelled at and we get raise's.....

if ive got someone im about to pull over on multiple traffic charges and he takes off...ehh cool, ill have his tag and get a warrant the next day....for like i said...felony evasion....

ehh and we dont kick doors....we asked nice enough to where people open them for us....lol

glad i could clear things up.....lol and i never argued against your point....just wanted to really add to it...coming from someone who does it...
Old 02-23-2007, 07:51 AM
TECH Resident

The thing is, the Cop knew he had nothing(We were in my bros HIGHLY tinted Integra which seems to raise a lot of unnecesary attention in itself)

Highly tinted??? Break out the tint meter, thats illegal , son....LOL
If you pulled that sort of thing in Florida, you could be charged with obstruction of justice. The arrest doesn't have to happen at that time either. The officer could do an out of custody affidavit and forward it to the state attorney. You will get your notice in the mail. If you don't show up then you'll be walking around with an arrest warrant.

Let me put this as nicely as I can, Before anyone goes playing lawyer or claiming they know their rights, make sure you really do. Cause its the easiest way to **** a cop off and be proven wrong.
It's like walking into a football game with no pads. You are going to lose.
Old 02-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Launching!

city cop ****? ..a sheriffs officer here isnt a city cop...
I know...I was a deputy for 5 years. I was just bustin' your ***** with that. All SO's have the County v City crap...

if ive got someone im about to pull over on multiple traffic charges and he takes off...ehh cool, ill have his tag and get a warrant the next day....for like i said...felony evasion...
I agree. THAT's the way to do it. That's a perfect example of my point (see below). In MS (where I worked) that is not felony evasion. It's just a misdemeanor.

glad i could clear things up.....lol and i never argued against your point....just wanted to really add to it...coming from someone who does it...
Did it for years myself. I'm sure that you've read enough posts on here to see that ppl try to generalize laws/statutes/penalties for different offenses, and that just cannot be done due to the VAST differences in states statutes. What is illegal and/or permitted of L.E.O. in FL may or may not be legal/permitted in MS. You know that as well as I. That was my point.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
TECH Resident

lol....son!....thats jokes. The car i believe SHOULD be legal, my bro bought the car that way and to be honest he doesn't know much about cars. I'm only SUGGESTING that it was the tint that caused the cop to take "interest" in us, considering he had no other reason to even look at us twice. Im fairly sure the tint is within legal limits for ONT, but Im not sure, I don't own the car and my bro has NEVER had an issue, even when being pulled over for something else. Obviously it wasn't for "seatbelts" as this moron claims, because both of us had ours on the entire ride....lol, like every other ride! This guy definately thought we were up to something or had drugs or something, I WOULD have even gone down to the street and talked to him, but after he hit the siren IN FRONT OF MY HOUSE, It wasn't goin to happen. At that point it turns into a "prove your innocence" type of ordeal and probably would have turned into some BS ticket. As i said, if a Cop starts acting like a cocky dick(or Judge Dredd!), lol I can do the same, if hes cool with me i am the same, i dont care to shoot the **** with him(lol like the guy that pulled me in the TA, we shot the **** for like 1/2 an hour!). Police are people too, and do a hell of a good job keeping our cities safe, and I'm sure have to put up with a lot of BS. But I have no time for idiot cops, arrogant cops or cops that believe your guilty as **** when they are really just TRYING to find something to pin on you. and for the record, I am never on the bad side of the law and am a respectful citizen
Old 02-23-2007, 05:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Billy_B4C
I know...I was a deputy for 5 years. I was just bustin' your ***** with that. All SO's have the County v City crap...
In MS (where I worked) that is not felony evasion. It's just a misdemeanor.

....and the felony evasion thing to a misdemeanor in MS, wow that sucks....id think yalled be beating *** out there....

30thANV....your pretty right....but id charge him with resisting without violence....
Old 02-23-2007, 08:58 PM
Launching!

[QUOTE=staringback05]....and the felony evasion thing to a misdemeanor in MS, wow that sucks....id think yalled be beating *** out there....QUOTE]

Heh...I never said that we didn't! lol! Honestly though, it wasn't that often that we got in pursuits b/c everything was so flat in the Delta, and there was nowhere to go. We could see them ten miles away! We'd always roadblock em at the county line or the city limits, and that would usually finish it.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

NDFORSPD, sounds like the guy you dealt with was a jerk.