General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Who Carts Around The Kid In The Fbody????????

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I haul my son around whenever I can, he loves it... he's 3 and I decided to make the progression from a halfbooster seat to just letting him sit in the bucket without an extra seat, he's a little short but all he needs right now is the lapbelt ... I don't do anything crazy with him in the car, except not shift so he can hear the exhaust (my gasmileage sucks ahhahaha)...

its my only car, I'm 25, and he'll just have to deal with it...

but seriously, he's safer in the back of my car than in most any other car, like was said before, the buckets hugged the car seat, and still sort of hug him, and theres nothing back there (for the most part) that can hurt him.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:00 PM
TECH Regular

Mine loves the Z as well, just got him to start sticking his hands up in the air like on a roller coaster when the top is down
Old 02-22-2007, 12:15 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

my 2 girls 7 and 8 love it, they always tell me to go really fast. Now my son whom is 2 hates it when its on, its to loud for him right now. But when its not on he loves it. My 7 year old falls asleep almost everytime aswell.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 24 Likes on 17 Posts

My daughter loved mine fefore I sold it she's seven though.
Old 02-22-2007, 12:21 PM
TECH Resident

I Take My 12 Year Old All The Time. He Loves Going Fast.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Don't have any kids but one of my Professors here at school has a '00 ss and he has 2 kids that he lugs around in his car. it's funny cuz he has 2 kids seats in the back and a helmet wedged in between them. (he doesn;t go racing with them in the car)
Old 02-22-2007, 01:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well, i'm only 19, and don't have any kids, but there's a lady who picks up her kids from the elementary school every day in her SOM WS6.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont have any kids but, I take my lil brother in my bird he is 4. He loves it he wants a Trans Am WS6 because he says they have nose holes. Now with that bein said i think kids love these cars. All the little neighbor hoods kids like the car atleast thats what they say when i drive past them. Back on topic my little brother likes it and you can put a car seat in the back seats of one of these cars.
Old 02-22-2007, 01:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, right after I was born my folks bought a 1991 Camaro RS. I used to love riding in it. My dad gave me that car, but I sold it to but mt 1998 T/A. Was sad to see it go, but now my dad and I both enjoy the new car.
Old 02-22-2007, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Im glad to hear it is done. I thought i could do it. Now there is no reason to get rid of the SS unless it is for a Z06. I have a while till that happens so until then.....(kids Talking) " I dont want to ride to the soccer game in your dads tahoe. By the time you get there it will be time to leave. I ll go in the Camaro." Cant wait till they get there first fbody. Probably have 600hp by then........
Old 02-22-2007, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Received 561 Likes on 445 Posts

Yep, My son has loved every one of my F-bodies and I know for a fact I have the most bad *** car out of all the parents at his school. I see some of the dads staring at it when I pick him up with that look like, "Oh how I wish I was driving your car..." lol
Old 02-22-2007, 07:14 PM
11 Second Club

yep a car seat will fit in the back seat. I know because I let my little cousin ride in the back of mine. she is 4 and she loved every minute of it.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I take my boy in it from time to time, ihe is 16 months and loves the t-tops. It isn't that bad once the seat can face forward.
We also have an 89 extended cab that I drive daily and My wife has a Cadillac CTS.
Both are much better for hauling him around the but the F-body is more fun.
Old 02-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Staging Lane

BEST STORY YET !!

My Daughter Loves the SS. She's 4 Next Month. I ask her.

"Baby what happens when I Shift the Gears"?

She Says " The Car Goes Vrooom "

I Ask " Then What Happens "?

She then throws herself back in the seat.

I ask " Then What do you Say "

She says " OHHH BABY " !!

Awsome !!
Old 02-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Launching!

Haul my 2 and 4 yr old daughters around in the back all the time they love it. Best thing is at the track when you smoke the ricers and they see the two car seats in the back while they have no interior at all and run 15s.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive carted around my dog....on a sheet and towl of course...he doesnt slobber or move...just chills...
Old 02-24-2007, 04:01 AM
TECH Resident

i dont have kids, but i do have 3 lil bros, and one sis.

my bros, are always fighting for a seat in my car, i second the lightning mcqueen comment, after taking them to watch that movie, they call my car mcqueen too. lol

they love the car!!

ohh and my sis is in 8th grade, shes always waking me up in the morning saying she missed the bus, i kno its bull, cause she also wants me to pick her friend up, im only 21 and all the parents look at me like, "who does he think he is?" i love it, lol
Old 02-24-2007, 04:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Buy a base model Scion xB. You can fit 3 kids, your wife, and three mexicans in the back (my wifes three brothers) for only $15.5k.

That and the rear cargo mat is only something like $65 extra if your animals ride in the back and like to get messy.
Old 02-24-2007, 08:59 AM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie 1
BEST STORY YET !!
Awsome !!
Awww, that's just too cute! I don't have experience with putting babies in the f-bodies, but I had an '85 Dodge Shelby Charger w/turbo when my first son was born and the interior is similar in size and door placement. The infant seat (rear facing) in the back is nice and safe for the kids, but if you have big babies mom's will have a hard time getting them in and out of the seat. Women don't tend to have as much upper body strength as men, and the angle you have to hold the baby to get it in the seat kills your back. My son is 16 now (and 6'4" 240 lbs since he was 11). He's always been a big kid.

I ended up selling that car when he was about a year old and getting a four door Ford Tempo (urgh! dependable car and affordable), but now the kids are older I'm back to my sports cars.

BTW -- my younger son loves the 00 TA - he says the back seats in it are more comfortable than in my 99 Camaro (although I know they're the same). He still would prefer to ride up front though.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro Junkie 1
BEST STORY YET !!

Awsome !!
Hahaha classic! My friends used to have an Evo, and they have a son who was about 3 or 4 at the time. We were out driving and they were up front and I was in the back with him. He would always make car noises, and my buddy says "Tyler, how does daddy's car go?" And then Tyler would go "BEEP-BEEP-BEEP... bwaaaaaaaaa psssht... bwaaaaaaaaa psssht.... bwaaaaaaaa pssht!" LOL.

This particular day, we come to a stop light with the windows down, and we are at the light next to a cop. So Tyler yells out the window to the cop "Hey buddy, wanna race? BEEP BEEP BEEP! Bwaaaaaaaa....." ROFLMAO! The look on the cops face was priceless!