General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Chevrolet Hybrid Talk/Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 12:29 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

^^^^^

Your post above is all over the place. Military applications will not reduce cost for OEMs like GM any time in the foreseeable future. Two totally different applications, with very different goals and packaging.

And as for all your political comments, once again, you can try and drag this thread down with a political debate, but you'll be debating with yourself because I'm done voicing my opinion on that. If you can't grasp it, that's not my problem and it's not a topic for this forum.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:50 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,726 Likes on 1,238 Posts

Originally Posted by Genesis_26317
Do you think the engines they put in a Humvee are any different than ones they stick in a GM/Ford truck?
And GM builds what, about 9,000,000 vehicles every year world-wide? How many diesel-electric hybrids do you think the military is contracting to be built each year?

It'll be a long time before MSRP in the private sector is reduced by way of bulk military application cost recovery. A diesel-electric humvee is a LONG way from making a gas-electric family sedan list for the same retail price as it's gas only counterpart.