General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

cops love the car

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007 | 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

After losing my license 3 times (no DUI's) over 25 years I've learned a few things. Hopefully, they will help a few of you.
1: ALWAYS pull into the nearest business of convienience when ANY cop is
behind you! Get a soda, buy some gas, etc.
2. Drive on the highway with your eyes focused far uproad, 1/3 mile+, and scan oncomming traffic for "suspicious" vehicles.
3. Scan the roads constantly, ALL THE TIME, for police so you find the standard issue entrapment spots. This will also update your mental list of new
undercover/covert cars in the field. Notice plates.
4. notice overpasses for cars/people that look odd. A favorite for the ISP is to park a cop on overpasses and have them clock while the "wolfpack" hangs
out on the onramps and pulls people over 1/2 mile or so after the trap. This
keeps the lights out of the normal persons focus range. The latest version of this around here is for the cop to have his hood and trunk open like he's
having car problems while the bike cops collect the taxes down the road. Also glance onramps when possible.
5. Dont invite trouble by giving them fix it ticket excuses to pull you over. A few years ago, I ran without my front plate. Hot Rods nationals came to town and my sorry *** got pulled over the first night. I know plates can look a bit dorky, but instead of getting the bracket, I bent my plate to a "V" shape and pop riveted it to my grille. Looks ok. Window tint, if its illegal where you are, putting it on is about as smart as going down the road flipping the bird to every cop you see while chugging down some Jack Daniels.
6. If you're getting stalked, change your route. Cops obviously start hanging out in spots along your route so they can check up on your driving behavior.
7. wear your seatbelt or get good at using your left thumb to snag it over your shoulder during necessary times. This is the latest favorite citation the police give out now. Here, they stand on the street corners and spy on people for non compliance. This has nearly nailed me several times. fortunately, I'm damn good at thumbing my belt and twice got plain lucky. I passed one cop going the other way, got the death glare, he couldnt turn around due to traffic. My second, and personal favorite , a cop came up from behind me late one night, I didnt notice him till he got close, my tinted back window kept him from seeing my belt off. He starts to come around me on the drivers side very slowly to get a look inside and by sheer luck, I had an offramp that I signaled and used about the time our windows were almost even. He hit the brakes but didnt make it, whew!!

I realize this is a drive like a coward technique, but nobody ever kept their license by acting cool, driving unaware, or toughing it out when the law is behind you "cause I aint doing nothing wrong and they cant pull me over" Know this, more and more, a cop CAN and WILL pull you over for no reason other than the fact he doesnt like punk assed kids in hot rods! More than a few see camaros and mustangs as the spawn of satan. Let the other idiots like me 20+ years ago attract the string of cops. Camaro, side stripes-bright colors, glasspacks mounted on the headders with turndowns, bald tires, driving in 2nd cause "it just sounds badass man", no hood, tunnel ram and accompanying mullet blasting "shout at the devil". And yea I really owned this car, this way, and was dismayed that I got harassed. I even kicked it up a notch with the next car by mounting a nitrous tank between the back seats! WTF!LOL!
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:39 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tspence45
Course all of 'em in my town are corrupt. They party with kids and **** underage girls.
THATS THE TRUTH x10000
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hey now take it easy on the 5-0 they just tryin to make the world a safer place.

Where i live you cant go 5ft without seeing 200 of them piggys. Also i have gotten 4 seatbelt tickets last year no speedings, no reckless drivings, no dui's, no racing, all seat belt tickets! Around here its kinda like a tax you pay to have a nice car or a hobby. Its a real shame they have so much crime goin on while they are handing out seat belt tickets. Me and one of my buddies where driving back from a party. Im done and and hes driving his turboed 240sx with track numbers still on the windsheild from earlier that day . We are the only ones driving down a back county road and all the sudden headlights magicly apear in the mirrors and my buddy "hit the center line twice" so on come the blue lights. Well, officer McDoucheberry lets us off with a warning after doin a routine sobriety test the mild search. Well the hole time this is goin on he is making comments like "Why do have numbers on your windows" and "What makes you think that car is worth racing" So i got this feeling that this was bullshit. He lets us go and my buddy calls his sister whos boyfriend his a cop. Officer McDoucheberry wasnt on duty that night and the hole stopping us was a sham he was just out ******* with people in his spare time and the worst part opf it was i threw out my bag
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:54 AM
Teching In

Yes i lost my lisence 4 times now because cops wanna just come pull camaros. I am only 21! Got a few speeding tix and had it pulled. Got it back then started driving right got pulled for stupid stuff like plate, seatbelt, tint and a few other odd things andit was pulled again. Then i got the exhaust and cops realy started looking at me! Its a ******* v6 so it aint loud. They just see the chrome and start looking for other things to get me on. No way ths one cop could see me but yet when i got up there he cut on the lights pulled me and said i was doing 61 in a 45. I LOOKED i was doing 51! "ima get this cop" i said to myself ok give me my ticket and lets go to court. I had the spedo checked and it was right on. Day of court i fell asleep on my couch and missed it they tried me in absence and suspended it again. Now any time a cop gets behnd me if they run my plates they follow me for at least a coupe miles if i dont turn sumwhere! I hate cops for this stupid stuff!
Old 03-11-2007 | 03:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 99 Demon
Yes i lost my lisence 4 times now because cops wanna just come pull camaros. I am only 21! Got a few speeding tix and had it pulled. Got it back then started driving right got pulled for stupid stuff like plate, seatbelt, tint and a few other odd things andit was pulled again. Then i got the exhaust and cops realy started looking at me! Its a ******* v6 so it aint loud. They just see the chrome and start looking for other things to get me on. No way ths one cop could see me but yet when i got up there he cut on the lights pulled me and said i was doing 61 in a 45. I LOOKED i was doing 51! "ima get this cop" i said to myself ok give me my ticket and lets go to court. I had the spedo checked and it was right on. Day of court i fell asleep on my couch and missed it they tried me in absence and suspended it again. Now any time a cop gets behnd me if they run my plates they follow me for at least a coupe miles if i dont turn sumwhere! I hate cops for this stupid stuff!
......You've lost your license 4 times in 5 years that's crazy. Course I guess mine's kinda bad too twice in three years.
Old 03-11-2007 | 08:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

"Yes i lost my lisence 4 times now because cops wanna just come pull camaros."
Yea, we all need to pitch in and get you a copy of Motley Crue's best of!
Old 03-11-2007 | 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I have to agree, it's either they hate us or love us
Old 03-11-2007 | 12:15 PM
TECH Resident

i live near new bedford mass, there are people getting shot, stabed, killed everyday, why dont they go after the gangbanger and drug dealers with there new suv's with spinneres, and leave use, the hard working america people that pay there salery alone, to protect and serve my ***.
Old 03-11-2007 | 12:38 PM
Teching In

i have gotten pulled over just for the cop to check out my car.. i guess you can say its all about atitude, you know.. cause i played the whole why you pulling me over deal and they put their authority on the line..
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:03 PM
TECH Resident

i am always very repsectful when i get pulled over, if your an *** than they are a bigger ***, but sometimes it dosent matter.
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:24 PM
12 Second Club

I agree that many times people are pulled over for little things that don't matter. I have noticed a trend here though. Seatbelts. They tell us to wear seatbelts for a reason. They keep you safe. If you are tough enough that you think you don't need to wear a seatbelt, then suck it up when you get a ticket for it. I have also gotten a ticket for "illegally modified exhaust." While I think that is a stupid communist law for asshats to enforce, I did have an illegally modified exhaust. I paid my $118.00 to the great state of California and went on my merry way. As far as my run ins with the law-more have been good than bad. But the bad ones...well they were pretty F'n bad and there are posterboys for officers with a napolean complex out there. And the thing about taking the next right into a business or gas station when you are being followed, worked every time for me and I got followed a lot in Cali.
Old 03-11-2007 | 01:35 PM
'Bird Director
20 Year Member

From: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant

Originally Posted by styoung
why do cops love to pull over camaros.
Because they're not Firebirds
Old 03-11-2007 | 02:28 PM
On The Tree

i had a bra covers on my headlights of my trans am i used to have. Cop pulled me over and said that headlight covers were illegal. I then turned on my lights. He watched as the headlights flipped up. I told him that they were flip up headlights and that there was nothing covering them. He was like "oh..." and then went back to his car and drove away. Freaking idiot. It was during the daytime to. Even if I wanted headlight cover there is no reason I cant have them on during the day and take them off at night. A lot of cops are *******. I have met more cops that are stupid and jerks about stuff than cops who arent. If I do something stupid or break the law then fine I dont care about getting a ticket. I have been pulled over only twice for doing something wrong. The other couple times I have been pulled over is for ridiculous stuff. I know there are good cops out there and I am not bashing you guys. Thank you to all the good law enforcement out there. As for the retarded ones...well you know what I think about you. Also next time try a faster car to try and catch me. Get rid of the old crown vic, it cant keep up.
Old 03-11-2007 | 03:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

i have yet to get pulled over. This is with a 6-point, true dual, cam, no front plate, ect........so its not like its quiet or anything.

my v1 has saved me countless times but i guess I'm just lucky
Old 03-11-2007 | 03:40 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have yet to be pulled over in my SS, but I've only had it 4months and have only put 1200 miles on it driving around town. When I had my talon I was never pulled over for speeding. I was pulled over 5 times for no front plate, twice for sliding sideways in front of an officer , my car was AWD and I was on dry pavement both times, and once for my exhaust being to loud. Never got a ticket for any of them.

The time I got pulled over for my exhaust being to loud she and her lesbo lover said that I slid out leaving my apt complex, where they lived too. She said I skidded out; I simply pointed to the AWD sticker on my car and said that that sticker means I can't do that. Then they said my exhaust was to loud, I asked them to see the dB meter they were using to determine that. They said they were doing it by ear, I simply said that was BS and that the ticket they tried to give me wouldn't hold up in court and she tore up the ticket gave me back my license and stormed back to her car. These bitches had it out for me, they completely hated me and my car so I purposely made their lives living hell and they couldn't do a thing about it cause I never did anything illegal.
Old 03-11-2007 | 04:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've only been pulled over one time for a tail light out, I didn't know was polite the officer thanked me for being so respectful and let me off with a verbal warning, wished each other a nice day.

I do drive like a granny, mostly too that probbly helps.
Old 03-11-2007 | 04:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by styoung
i live near new bedford mass
thats the problem right there
Old 03-11-2007 | 04:44 PM
TECH Regular

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA
Old 03-11-2007 | 04:46 PM
TECH Regular

I've had my SS for over a year now and haven't been pulled over once (knock on wood), however, when I had my 25th Anniversary T/A, I was constantly harassed.
Old 03-11-2007 | 04:51 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by y2k_ta
Because they're not Firebirds
+1...