General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2007, 03:08 PM
tech memeber

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oh yeah, I almost forgot...Go Team Trans Am , I love this show.
Old 03-21-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Pretty good show again-----GO T/A TEAM #9...............
Old 03-21-2007, 03:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

688hp?,........dunno about that! lol!
Old 03-21-2007, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

I love this show. GO TEAM TRANS AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 04:28 PM
tech memeber

They claim 688hp a few times in this video. http://www.bullrun.com/view_page.php?viewid=284&pid=206
Old 03-21-2007, 04:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

wah! I'm at Purdue and this just makes me want my car out here even more, having just the beater out here sucks =(
Old 03-21-2007, 04:48 PM
TECH Addict

Must see Lambo CRASH!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-21-2007, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by bww3588
must be nice, the girls i meet, drive shitty luminas, probes and blazers...........but they could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.

cant wait till the premire.
lol, pretty sure thats all that matters...
Old 03-21-2007, 08:42 PM
TECH Regular

I just watched both of the episodes online and I'm lovin it. I'm a little confused though, how did that Scion get on the show... Toyota even makes a TRD supercharger for that car that wouldn't even void warranty.. and all these girls have is an intake and Sway bars?... That car wouldn't have been able to perform on any level in any of the challenges.

I wanna see goldberg speak his uncensored mind, which you can see on SpikeTV.com where he expresses his "distaste" for the lamborghini guys haha.

I think everybodies pick for the winner on this site is probably the T/A.. but I think it for good reason they seem like good people and have a very strong and reliable car there. F-bodies finally getting some spotlight, though not much. Now lets see the lambo break down (or crash) and the T/A tear at least one more car apart. Keep it up/.
Old 03-21-2007, 08:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kars10_4
oh yeah, I almost forgot...Go Team Trans Am , I love this show.
Sorry on the bad information! LONG STORY 688hp! That was the motor we were going to use. The trans was going to be a turbohydromatic 400 with a gear venders overdrive and a different rear end. All that was going to happen, but we pulled up short and went with this settup because of the time and the liveability factor (ex: the boys pushing all the horse thru the Nissan that let go).So that motor didnt get installed nor did the transmission. The suspension wasn't even going on but we decided to go with it and literally we/Dustin just finished the engine, suspension and the tune hours before the car was picked up from the dealership.

I know it is confusing but there you go.

Mike
Old 03-21-2007, 09:19 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by malsop
Sorry on the bad information! LONG STORY 688hp! That was the motor we were going to use. The trans was going to be a turbohydromatic 400 with a gear venders overdrive and a different rear end. All that was going to happen, but we pulled up short and went with this settup because of the time and the liveability factor (ex: the boys pushing all the horse thru the Nissan that let go).So that motor didnt get installed nor did the transmission. The suspension wasn't even going on but we decided to go with it and literally we/Dustin just finished the engine, suspension and the tune hours before the car was picked up from the dealership.

Mike
Don't worry about it Mike....You're the man!!...you need to come visit soon!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:41 AM
TECH Addict

Mike
Yea,.as much as I love that T/A after I heard that I kept think'n to myself,.."No Frig'n way!!" plus .....can't break in a new motor push'n that much power on a cross country race with occasional challenge abuse. You'd end up on a trailler like the Nissan boys in no time! lol!
Old 03-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Yea,.as much as I love that T/A after I heard that I kept think'n to myself,.."No Frig'n way!!" plus .....can't break in a new motor push'n that much power on a cross country race with occasional challenge abuse. You'd end up on a trailler like the Nissan boys in no time! lol!
Yeah we thought we would have more time to ste it up and work out the bugs. Thats why the decision to go with the mild setup. However you have all of this different footage everywhere that makes it all look bad because you mentally cant put it all together. Kinda like for me when I watch the show it is edited the way they want it to look sure these things happenened but maybe not at the right time.

Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah we thought we would have more time to ste it up and work out the bugs. Thats why the decision to go with the mild setup. However you have all of this different footage everywhere that makes it all look bad because you mentally cant put it all together. Kinda like for me when I watch the show it is edited the way they want it to look sure these things happenened but maybe not at the right time.

Mike
so what are the official specs on the T/A?
Old 03-22-2007, 03:32 PM
TECH Addict

Mike
lol,...Yea,.,kinda like what those reality show people from MTV where complaining about some years back. The editing made things look different and occur at different times then they actually where or took place. Oh well,... guess Spike is no different than MTV or CBS in that respect!
Old 03-22-2007, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
lol,...Yea,.,kinda like what those reality show people from MTV where complaining about some years back. The editing made things look different and occur at different times then they actually where or took place. Oh well,... guess Spike is no different than MTV or CBS in that respect!

the funny thing is that MTV does own SpikeTV.
Old 03-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
so what are the official specs on the T/A?
Right Now OFFICIALLY!

401 @ the wheels on the dyno corrected no NOS.
Car was 430 -440 horse w/o NOS
Add the NOS @ 150 shot and if thats correct then do the math.
The Suspension is Qa1 shocks and springs, BMR control arms and sway bars.
The specs and all the pertinate information will be in Mays issue of "High Performance Pontiac Magazine" as well as photos.
Due on the shelves April 24th.
Under title "Reality T/A"

All the other horsepower quotes are made up by I dont know. 6000 in the local paper, 486 by the producers of the show and we were going to put a bad *** 688 horse 408 in the car along with some other stuff in the audition video but we decided not to.

Now that I have time and wont be rushed you will see the new T/A with all the new mods here at the Pontiac store this summer. I promise not to dissapoint anyone and will have the dyno sheets here for everyones eyes to see. It is going to be a cool project and I cant wait. Dustin is brewing something in a LSX block for me so stay tuned.

Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 06:36 PM
tech memeber

Mike
Thanks for the clarification. It must be annoying having to chase down and correct info like this haha. Good call on going with the milder set up, 688hp would have been impossible to maintain on a cross country rally (especially if it was a 346, and if it was stock cubes I want to hear how the hell you guys made 688hp ). Go Team LS1
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by kars10_4
Thanks for the clarification. It must be annoying having to chase down and correct info like this haha. Good call on going with the milder set up, 688hp would have been impossible to maintain on a cross country rally (especially if it was a 346, and if it was stock cubes I want to hear how the hell you guys made 688hp ). Go Team LS1
Ive got the man for you to talk to Dustin Wheelock 1-800-960-1511 Mike Raisor Pontiac its his settup. NOT IN A 346 though 408.

Mike
Old 03-22-2007, 06:40 PM
tech memeber

Of course, while I'm writing my reply you state it's a 408, discard that part of my comment

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun