General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 04:21 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bww3588
must be nice, the girls i meet, drive shitty luminas, probes and blazers...........but they could suck the chrome off a trailer hitch.
....Nice!! Yea,...I usually end up date'n the West Coast Rich Bitch's!! lol! ... I did have one ex with a lead foot and a CLK500. I just hated the fact that she'd kick my *** on the freeway!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:23 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks to all with support, i put alot of work in a short amount of time to get the car running for the show. I'm excited as can be to see what happens! TRANS AMs could eventually rule the world!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GrimReaper
Thanks to all with support, i put alot of work in a short amount of time to get the car running for the show. I'm excited as can be to see what happens! TRANS AMs could eventually rule the world!!!
is it still intact after the Bull Run?
Old 03-13-2007, 05:36 PM
9 Second Club

Yea its still intact. It got repainted and fixed up and shipped out to Cali for the Premier.(spelling not so good) Its ready to rock, and rumor may have it that the WS6 will be in another race.......let the mod's begin!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Why are there so many haters???? I dont see what the big deal is, i tried to set the facts straight with another post. I built the car and if anyone has any questions feel free to ask, as i will give the honest answer. And 60k is prolly close to what he has into the car, its not just in modifications.........its the 2nd motor for that car, and about the 4 time its changed cam and heads.
So is the 4 head and cam swaps included in the "$60k" price tag? That's like me saying I still have $2000 of n2o on my car, when I've SOLD it all.

I don't know how its even possible to have such low as power with the car running a 150 shot, I mean c'mon. In your other post you said the car put down about 400rwhp and 380rwtq at Speed Inc, I really hope that is without the nitrous. But then according to SpikeTv, the car makes like 480hp and 400tq, what numbers are those, at the flywheel without nitrous? It better be.

I'm not trying to "hate" because I was really pumped when I thought I saw a 4th gen F-Bod fender with the "Bullrun" logo on the commercial. But then I was really disapointed when I came across Spike's info on the show, and then the video REALLY killed it. I'm not sure if it was Spike that made the people look bad or what, hopefully the owners of the car can make the F-bod shine some more.

The "boyfriend" says he lives in Lafayette, IN which is like two hours from me. I would love to meet the people in person and check the car out...I just want a good representation of F-Bods on the show.

Last edited by _JB_; 03-13-2007 at 05:43 PM.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:48 PM
12 Second Club

Yea its still intact. It got repainted and fixed up and shipped out to Cali for the Premier.(spelling not so good) Its ready to rock, and rumor may have it that the WS6 will be in another race.......let the mod's begin!
good, glad to hear it. sounds like you did a good job on the build. although i would like to see some elaboration on what went into it. and if there is any truth to the 60k mod price tag.
Old 03-13-2007, 05:49 PM
9 Second Club

The show did not get alot of the information about the car right, this is why i have been chasing down every thread to tryn straighten out the fast. I love these cars so much that i would prolly be mad too if i had read all the false info. I built that car so that why i am tryn to fix all this......but people are so negative torwards it is outta control.....this is a big event for the F-Body, its the cars chance to shine against everything else. Those #'s are w/o N2O......and they car hasnt been sprayed yet at all....its was just there incase it was gonna be needed. I know there are a TON of faster FBodys out there, but this one made the call.......and really man i know we all know how much this "life" can cost and i know 60k is alot....and maybe thats not what he has in it, but maybe he does. I'll never know that answer but it really doesnt matter at all. All im looking for is support from one of the biggest and baddest communitys out there. Were all here for the same things, and i apologize for some of the comments that have been upsetting people..... you all know what is correct and what isnt. Anyways i hope watching the show will change peoples minds and perspectives.....He (Mike Alsop) is one helluva cool dude and a killer boss to work for, he the type that always has your back and will definately take car of his employees. I know he brought me here from Hawaii and covered all the expenses for me and my TA to get here. Enjoy the show!!!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:51 PM
12 Second Club

The show did not get alot of the information about the car right, this is why i have been chasing down every thread to tryn straighten out the fast. I love these cars so much that i would prolly be mad too if i had read all the false info. I built that car so that why i am tryn to fix all this......but people are so negative torwards it is outta control.....this is a big event for the F-Body, its the cars chance to shine against everything else. Those #'s are w/o N2O......and they car hasnt been sprayed yet at all....its was just there incase it was gonna be needed. I know there are a TON of faster FBodys out there, but this one made the call.......and really man i know we all know how much this "life" can cost and i know 60k is alot....and maybe thats not what he has in it, but maybe he does. I'll never know that answer but it really doesnt matter at all. All im looking for is support from one of the biggest and baddest communitys out there. Were all here for the same things, and i apologize for some of the comments that have been upsetting people..... you all know what is correct and what isnt. Anyways i hope watching the show will change peoples minds and perspectives.....He (Mike Alsop) is one helluva cool dude and a killer boss to work for, he the type that always has your back and will definately take car of his employees. I know he brought me here from Hawaii and covered all the expenses for me and my TA to get here. Enjoy the show!!!
rock on!
Old 03-13-2007, 05:52 PM
9 Second Club

[quote] The "boyfriend" says he lives in Lafayette, IN which is like two hours from me. I would love to meet the people in person and check the car out...I just want a good representation of F-Bods on the show. [quote/]

Come on down to Mike Raisor Pontiac, i will personally introduce you to them....father, daughter, boyfriend, and me the tech. All of us have WS6's...that would be a cool gathering.
Old 03-13-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Thanks for clearing up some info. I'll be watching the show still, my bum *** does not have anything else better to do at 10:00pm lol
Old 03-13-2007, 06:03 PM
TECH Junkie

[QUOTE=GrimReaper]
The "boyfriend" says he lives in Lafayette, IN which is like two hours from me. I would love to meet the people in person and check the car out...I just want a good representation of F-Bods on the show. [quote/]

Come on down to Mike Raisor Pontiac, i will personally introduce you to them....father, daughter, boyfriend, and me the tech. All of us have WS6's...that would be a cool gathering.
Hell yeah I'll meet up with everyone at some point in time, just have to wait until the weather gets better. Maybe get a few more people from here to all meet up on a weekend or something. Would be badass for sure!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
9 Second Club

Thanks man, im glad i could clear that up for all! I apologize if i was a lil angry in my replys, i just have so much pride and time in the car!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:04 PM
12 Second Club

Thanks man, im glad i could clear that up for all! I apologize if i was a lil angry in my replys, i just have so much pride and time in the car!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:05 PM
9 Second Club

Hell yea man, when the weather gets better the dealership will be renting out the local track. I will be sure to send invites to all wanting to come have a good time!
Old 03-13-2007, 06:50 PM
Launching!

Default Hey

[QUOTE=_JB_][QUOTE=GrimReaper]
The "boyfriend" says he lives in Lafayette, IN which is like two hours from me. I would love to meet the people in person and check the car out...I just want a good representation of F-Bods on the show.

Hell yeah I'll meet up with everyone at some point in time, just have to wait until the weather gets better. Maybe get a few more people from here to all meet up on a weekend or something. Would be badass for sure!
Hey, this is Mike Alsop. I definatly want to clear things up and not to worry the story on the car gets changed everytime I hear it. The 60k included when I purchased the car when it was new. The $ includes all kinds of things and the question was posed from the producers of the show and they wanted to know approximatly all in what I had in the car including the purchase price. The statement was precluded with more information that stated this. But that statement was left on the cutting room floor. The car did do 401 on the Dyno just recently. That was corrected with no juice and with the new modifications and a (new) camshaft we were trying out with a particular grind (Dustin wanted to try). I have 4 cams for this engine alone. and several sets of heads. I've blown the tranmission out of it 4 times. The current set up(on the trans) is very good but when we apply a whole crap load of horsepower/torque we will see what it does. Everyone wants to trip over the details and they have gotten occluded due to the fact from the first time you hear about the car to the present, it changes. The motor is different in the car and the horsepower is down. The car made more horsepower and torque at the wheels before this last cam swap. So, when I said on the show it was about 440 horse that was a guess and it had a different cam that I knew produced 430 on the dyno with a similar setup and tune that we had in the car, I know(seat of the pants) we had increased the horsepower from that setup so the 440 was a guess and I stated that also but it is only a one hour show so I know where that footage went also. You can bet on this however! The Fbodies are a formidible platform and with the modifications this is a potent bird with killer handling. What I do hope is you enjoy the show we had a great time doing this and we do do the fbodies proud. See for yourself and let me know!

Be cool

Mike
Old 03-13-2007, 06:58 PM
Launching!

Default Dude

Hell yea man, when the weather gets better the dealership will be renting out the local track. I will be sure to send invites to all wanting to come have a good time!
On April 24th the New HPP Magazine will come out it features the T/A (from the show) in an article. I hope it is more factual to the present setup. I have discussed with the editor that we will be doing something with the T/A for another race and he said they would follow the build from start to finish and you will be able to see the results. I think thats very cool!

Mike
Old 03-13-2007, 07:03 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
someone needs to hit that guy in the face (in the pic) he looks like a douche.....he looks liek charlie sheen
Thanks, Love you too.

Mike

How big a fella are you? LOL
Old 03-13-2007, 07:08 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by _JB_
I'm in. I only have a shitty little Z28, but it would be awesome to meet some of the locals, let alone TV celebrities.
Old 03-13-2007, 07:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Camaro Ryder KV
someone needs to hit that guy in the face (in the pic) he looks like a douche.....he looks liek charlie sheen
hahaha...i thought the same thing.. i was thinkign is charlie sheen the host or what?
Old 03-13-2007, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by malsop
Thanks, Love you too.

Mike

How big a fella are you? LOL

No problem buddy

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun