General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 05:13 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey mike gonna ship that out to you tommorrow, sounds good?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:15 PM
12 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey mike gonna ship that out to you tommorrow, or should I wait til next tuesday?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:27 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone else realize that if the lambo guys were so cool and smart and had such confidence, maybe they would have given thier $100k+ car a once-over before undertaking such a trip?? how could you not know your clutch was slipping SO bad, and just blindly go on a 2000 mile race/rally? i mean ****, give your car a tune up first. sounds like they just packed their fudge-i mean bags-and left home.
Old 04-04-2007, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that the lambo's or should i say any V12 motor is notorious for tearing up clutches. Dont quote on that though..
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by malsop
Yes I am. I have had to replace it 3 times on my 4th.
It's funny to hear you're having the same problem that just about everyone else has had on this board...sounds like its time for a 9 inch or a 12 bolt, I need one also.

I'm assuming it's prohibited in the competition but I thought I'd ask anyways, have you had any straight drag runs with any of the cars on the highway? I'm curious to know what the charger is capable of.

Oh yeah and I see some of you guys have missed some of the episodes, I don't if it's been posted already or not but you can see them here http://www.spiketv.com/shows/bullrun...des/index.html .

Best of luck Mike and Morgan, I'll be watching.
Old 04-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Teching In

Question

Mike,

In the last episode, the Lambo guys pulled along side you in town. And they said that because their clutch was slipping, their speedometer was reading 60 instead of the correct 55. Didn't you think they were talking crap? Or does their car have the speedometer connected to the flywheel instead of the transmission?

-Kevin
Old 04-04-2007, 11:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by KevinTernes
Or does their car have the speedometer connected to the flywheel
So I wasn't the only one that caught that then!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by WS6NIGHTMARE
So I wasn't the only one that caught that then!
Just want you all to know I stand beside what I said the clutch was good enough. The driver wanted out after seeing what could happen to his car he really was sick about it. He just wanted out!

Mike
Old 04-05-2007, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99RebelZ28
It's funny to hear you're having the same problem that just about everyone else has had on this board...sounds like its time for a 9 inch or a 12 bolt, I need one also.

I'm assuming it's prohibited in the competition but I thought I'd ask anyways, have you had any straight drag runs with any of the cars on the highway? I'm curious to know what the charger is capable of.

Oh yeah and I see some of you guys have missed some of the episodes, I don't if it's been posted already or not but you can see them here http://www.spiketv.com/shows/bullrun...des/index.html .

Best of luck Mike and Morgan, I'll be watching.
Thanks! The charger was ok we were just playing around on the road and she could pull him anywhere she wanted but no head to head.
Old 04-05-2007, 08:57 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I just watched the show and it was the one where the Lambo broke or whatever I must say it's a freaking awesome show mostly just bc theres a TA in it, but im kinda partial to red TA's . Keep it going team TRANS AM WOOOHOOOOO.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:00 PM
On The Tree

hey Mike, didnt you guys have black rims on the car in the first 2 or 3 episodes. I noticed in the last episode that was aired, you went back to stock rims. Did you do it for the tires?
Old 04-05-2007, 03:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I may not have paid attention but i did notice any change in rims at all, i just saw the average WS6 rim
Old 04-05-2007, 04:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just want you all to know I stand beside what I said the clutch was good enough. The driver wanted out after seeing what could happen to his car he really was sick about it. He just wanted out!

Mike
I'll just go +1 on that!..... For someone who was "SOOO CONCERNED" about his clutch,....... he sure didn't mind pealing out of there when they left!
Old 04-05-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At least it was as pitiful as the first team that got eliminated. When i had a clutch slip, i couldnt even break the tires loose on wet pavement let alone go on a huge road race.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:26 PM
On The Tree

Ok I will try and cover a lot of the questions in this e-mail the best I can. Here goes! You were only allowed to go 5 mph over the (the white rectangle with black numbers) However when you passed you could accelerate over those perameters to make a safe pass. When you saw suggested speed limit signs (Yellow rectangles those are suggested speed signs) so you could still go 5 mph over the posted limit which made the 15mph turns interesting @ 45 mph. This RACE/RALLY is about using your head and paying attention to whats happening around you (plus not making a mistake). Their were 3 point of view cameras in your car/ one to two vans following you as well as a helicopter sometimes three and four vans following microphones 24/7 attached to your ***. A handler assigned to you to make sure you didnt talk to anyone or leave your room, if you needed something you had to ask them.
Mike

Hey Mike, I was just wandering if you would go more than 5mph over the speed limit (without safely passing someone), what were the penalties? Do they just tack on extra time to your overall time, or how did they handle it? I'm sure on different occasions, at least someone would have broken the speeding rule.
Old 04-05-2007, 06:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stealth1281
Hey Mike, I was just wandering if you would go more than 5mph over the speed limit (without safely passing someone), what were the penalties? Do they just tack on extra time to your overall time, or how did they handle it? I'm sure on different occasions, at least someone would have broken the speeding rule.

Probably an A$$ Whooping by goldburg..you never know what goes on behind the scene and when the camara's off..
Old 04-05-2007, 06:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stealth1281

Probably an A$$ Whooping by goldburg ..you never know what goes on behind the scene and when the camara's off..
Old 04-05-2007, 07:33 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by brienjustin
hey Mike, didnt you guys have black rims on the car in the first 2 or 3 episodes. I noticed in the last episode that was aired, you went back to stock rims. Did you do it for the tires?
Yeah they had 2 different types of tires that they used. The black wheels had winter tires for when they were in Montana and such.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:41 PM
TECH Resident

Are the drivers of the TransAm members of LS1Tech? I have been following the show and I like how they are keeping their cool for the most part while driving and this is probably why they always finish in the top 3. Wish I could do a bullrun!!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Vertigo
Are the drivers of the TransAm members of LS1Tech? I have been following the show and I like how they are keeping their cool for the most part while driving and this is probably why they always finish in the top 3. Wish I could do a bullrun!!
malsop is Mike from the show. I'm Morgan's bf, and GrimReaper did the work on the car for the show.

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun