General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 11:07 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've watched the show a few times...what does it matter what car they drive really if they follow the speedlimit what kind of a race is that. From what I can tell they do. Could anyone tell me what the rules are.
Old 04-11-2007, 11:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Good show ....thought you were going to be out.....too bad you missed that HUGE piece of glass though.... good to see you in #3 spot..Right On..
Old 04-11-2007, 12:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just saw this thread.Long read.Thats too cool Mike and Morgan are posting on here.My wife and I are hooked on the show.Hey guys watch those Oldsmobile boys , I don't trust them.They are talking to much s***!! GO TEAM TRANS AM !!!!!!!!!
Old 04-11-2007, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

Hey everyone watch Morgan's thoughts on last night's episode on YouTube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sv-z8MTIIA
Old 04-11-2007, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
Hey everyone watch Morgan's thoughts on last night's episode on YouTube.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sv-z8MTIIA
Good vid--Good job...Good Driving Morgan.... [still think Mike should have been able to hit the glass..].... ................ ..Doug...
Old 04-11-2007, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

I'm just joining the support team here, sorry for the dalay. I must say when I watch the show I have this feeling, not just a feeling that comes from supporting the Trans AM Team, but kind of a feeling that it's my car out there, does anyone relate to that? It's just awesome to have the F-body, and WS6 family represented on National TV like this. Awesome job you all.

Jared
Old 04-11-2007, 08:06 PM
On The Tree

Well I guess I will chime in here. Joining the support team even though the show is most likely completely filmed. Good job so far, one question mike. Did you really have the traction control on when you missed the glass?
Old 04-11-2007, 08:29 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by silent102
Well I guess I will chime in here. Joining the support team even though the show is most likely completely filmed. Good job so far, one question mike. Did you really have the traction control on when you missed the glass?
I say no because he was spinning around the barrel...
Old 04-11-2007, 09:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by silent102
here is the long and short on the traction control/abs. That was the first time I had tried the new suspension in a hand brake slide. The car sit 2 1/2 -3 inches off the ground an 11.5 tires the surface was sticky the goodyears were sticky and I thought the car would let loose. We went off the track going around the barrel and got in the dirt so when I finally got hooked back up and straightened it out I came to the glass pulled the e-brake turned the wheel and the car stuck, the abs was pulsing and the car just freekin turned. I was as stunned as anyone I even was laughing my *** off because I couldnt believe it. I tried it twice. The other problem was the car had to go thru the glass and you had to stop in the square or you were disqualified and if you hit it with the front of the car you were disqualified. To get the car to come loose I would have had to been flying and I dont think I would have been able to keep the big boy in the box. My daughter was also freeking out because she saw all of the damage to the Lotus and honda prior to the run. It all worked out.

THE CAR HOOKS UP!

Thanks for the support and GO TEAM TRANS AM!

Mike
Old 04-11-2007, 09:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malsop
here is the long and short on the traction control/abs. That was the first time I had tried the new suspension in a hand brake slide. The car sit 2 1/2 -3 inches off the ground an 11.5 tires the surface was sticky the goodyears were sticky and I thought the car would let loose. We went off the track going around the barrel and got in the dirt so when I finally got hooked back up and straightened it out I came to the glass pulled the e-brake turned the wheel and the car stuck, the abs was pulsing and the car just freekin turned. I was as stunned as anyone I even was laughing my *** off because I couldnt believe it. I tried it twice. The other problem was the car had to go thru the glass and you had to stop in the square or you were disqualified and if you hit it with the front of the car you were disqualified. To get the car to come loose I would have had to been flying and I dont think I would have been able to keep the big boy in the box. My daughter was also freeking out because she saw all of the damage to the Lotus and honda prior to the run. It all worked out.

THE CAR HOOKS UP!

Thanks for the support and GO TEAM TRANS AM!

Mike
hey Mike it is all good. Looks like you and Morgan are having fun. just becareful about Team Olds

Way to fix the tranny line in about 11 mins.. that is smoking fast...

Be safe and win at all for us

GO TEAM TRANS AM
Old 04-11-2007, 09:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
hey Mike it is all good. Looks like you and Morgan are having fun. just becareful about Team Olds

Way to fix the tranny line in about 11 mins.. that is smoking fast...

Be safe and win at all for us

GO TEAM TRANS AM
Trying to make it work out we will see..lol

Mike
Old 04-11-2007, 09:51 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

I watched it today since I recorded it. Congrats on the Tranny fix I was like crap they are screwed if the tranny went. I am glad u all came in 3rd. Hopefully first next week.. I would love to do something like what you all are doing.
Old 04-11-2007, 09:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by malsop
Trying to make it work out we will see..lol

Mike

Hey Mike you guys are doing great. You and Morgan will have my support through out the entire show

GO TEAM TRANS AM
Old 04-12-2007, 01:46 PM
On The Tree

Who all is coming to Indiana the weekend of April 28 to meet Team Trans Am, Team Charger, and Team F150???

Everyone come and show their support!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BOILER_WS6
Who all is coming to Indiana the weekend of April 28 to meet Team Trans Am, Team Charger, and Team F150???

Everyone come and show their support!

ohhh man i thought the meet already ahppened??

You can count me in

Thanks!
Old 04-12-2007, 01:50 PM
12 Second Club

Location: Chitown-Jax NC-Jax FL-Honolulu-OKC, OK-NOW New Orleans Area

If I was near there I would be there. On a different note it would so hard not to speed a little here and there.
Old 04-12-2007, 01:57 PM
12 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

ahhh damnit mike, ill be working that weekend........****.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Hey everyone, i joined this site a a couple weeks ago. It is pretty cool but it needs alot more member. It is basically devoted to your ride. Some of you might have heard of it and some might already be member, but give it a shot anyways. Keep it up Mike and Morgan, you guys are doing great!!!!!

The site is www.fquick.com
Old 04-12-2007, 02:26 PM
On The Tree

Whenever Morgan took off from the checkpoint and she burned off the rear tires, as soon as it bounced off the rev limiter I thought they were in trouble. Then as she was going up the mountain the the line blew. I thought they were finished. Just a tranny line! That was close call. I thought it was kinda crappy of the other cars to drive right by since Mike actually lended a hand with his competitors!
Old 04-12-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The weekend of the 28th, i say we should have a huge cruise down to their, im here in des moines and more then likely be driving by myself if i go. If any one is interested maybe we could set something up to make the trip there a little more fun.

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun