General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Replays are on Spike right now! Episode 2 is playin as I type. Just a head up for anyone who missed an episode.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:30 PM
On The Tree

I posted an event for the gathering on April 28th.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...53#post6870053
Old 04-15-2007, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Shinigami2x4
I cant wait to see Team F150 and lotus get into it over speeding
ooh man me2 .. n da Bmw count drift.... that sucked..
Old 04-15-2007, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

haven't said much on this thread but I watch every week, think you guys did a great job of representing out there, I tried to read every post on here but with 30 pages I just did a quick read to get back up to date, so here is my question/statement how come I never here you guys talk about your mom/wife?
Old 04-16-2007, 10:15 AM
TECH Apprentice

Mike:
On the Drift Challenge did you try pulling the E-brake at all or were going for just a straight up fish tail to swing the *** end into the glass??? just curious
Old 04-16-2007, 03:14 PM
12 Second Club

I've been watching the show since the 1st episode, its pretty good. Here's to Team T/A !
Old 04-16-2007, 07:38 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
Mike i am going to make that trip.. Should be a good time. BTW what is on the agenda for that day?
11-2 Meet and greet and then some tv and radio stuff. We will be heading to a local spot for a party that evening and I think it will be posted here as soon as we finalize the information. I look forward to seeing you all here.

Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by litle8
Torch I was there last week and Mike is frickin Cool as Hell, I'm going too, Gotta return something back to Mike Alsop!!!! We should hook up!!
What up BIG MAN! We will have a great time you can tell them I do mean a good time. Youve already been here....... HUGE PARTY!
Boilerws6 will be posting up the after party. Huge...lol

Well if call local reality huge..

Mike

GO TEAM T/A #09
Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Team TransAm FTW!!!!
Old 04-16-2007, 07:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by speedo
Good job blew my Trans lines 2x last year to the trans cooler and I fixed the same way you did with some spare junk in the tool box to get home, but I had someone bring me fluid. So I know what you went through, it was a pain in the *** cleaning up the car after that also. Still thinking of going braided line to the cooler.

How much fluid did you have to add at your next stop Mike??

Wouldn't feel bad about not hitting the glas I am sure I couldn't do it if I didn't practice with the car either since the F-body hooks so well.

Sorry Dish was full of ICE, no signal on the night it aired so it didn't tape and finally seen the repeat today. So I am kinda late......
Hey thanks ! I only had 3 quarts in the car and I couldnt believe it even moved but it did. We made it to the gas station and the BMW boys had been there so the girls already knew the directions dumped 2 more into it bought 6 and left the trans fluid was all foamy from the air pumping thru it. Took 2 days to get it to settle down.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 7901 WS6
Mike:
On the Drift Challenge did you try pulling the E-brake at all or were going for just a straight up fish tail to swing the *** end into the glass??? just curious
Turned, pulled it and expected the car to slide. The abs went crazy and the car hooked I couldnt believe it myself. I have played that over in my head a hundred times. I tried it when we went around the barrels to try it out before the glass and it did the same thing I went into the dirt came out felt the traction control kick and headed for the glass. Man ,I was surprised I guess the big tires, hot day, surface, new rotors and brakes, and suspension the car just hooked. Go out and try it with your's let me know how you fare? I was laughing at myself that the car wouldn't go. The BMW had the same problem his car hooked as well. The two cars without traction control let loose all I can think of. No EXcuses we recovered from 8th to 3rd and its still a long race..lol

Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Launching!

The second time I wanted to fish tail it but I hit the gas and it didnt go out Traction came on. I can turn off the traction control and I can fish tail it the torque is awesome.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 02NHRAtransAm
Team TransAm FTW!!!!
THANKS!

FTW

MIKE

TEAM T/A BABY!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Z28LS1KID
I've been watching the show since the 1st episode, its pretty good. Here's to Team T/A !
Thanks! I am having a ball with the daughter.

Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by orangefun
haven't said much on this thread but I watch every week, think you guys did a great job of representing out there, I tried to read every post on here but with 30 pages I just did a quick read to get back up to date, so here is my question/statement how come I never here you guys talk about your mom/wife?
We had a whole lot of conversations about them, I dont think they think its good TV? They have so much footage they can do pretty much what they like and edit it the way they want can get anyview across with a little snip here and there.

The show is cool and I had a great time. If you all come out you can meet the whole Family. They are pretty cool also. Daughter #2 has a pewter 02 WS6. so I think you all will have a great time. i am trying to get someone from Spike here to cover the event and put it on the website.

mike
Old 04-16-2007, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by malsop
We had a whole lot of conversations about them, I dont think they think its good TV? They have so much footage they can do pretty much what they like and edit it the way they want can get anyview across with a little snip here and there.

The show is cool and I had a great time. If you all come out you can meet the whole Family. They are pretty cool also. Daughter #2 has a pewter 02 WS6. so I think you all will have a great time. i am trying to get someone from Spike here to cover the event and put it on the website.

mike

that would be cool if it was televised and all our cars was on tv and they did a report on it
Old 04-16-2007, 08:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

hey i want each and everyone of you to think about me while your all up in Indy having fun. i will be at Wal-Mart distribution center in Washington Courthouse, Ohio, in the freezer at -30*, driving a forklift. so remember me!
Old 04-16-2007, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TORCHD 02 TA
that would be cool if it was televised and all our cars was on tv and they did a report on it
Hey they are looking for this to be big we will see.

Mike
Old 04-16-2007, 08:51 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by bww3588
hey i want each and everyone of you to think about me while your all up in Indy having fun. i will be at Wal-Mart distribution center in Washington Courthouse, Ohio, in the freezer at -30*, driving a forklift. so remember me!
Dude come on get outta the freezer...
Wish you could make it.

Mike
Old 04-17-2007, 12:46 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by malsop

mike

thats what I thought (about the editing). I wish I could come so bad, you guys remind me of my family. I live way out here in cali so you know how that goes. my car is close to yours, SOM A4 with nice susp mods, 3500tc hot cam 125 shot of nitrous, sportlines. I love your guys car because it is a true example of what the normal guy could afford. btw think about this, me and my wife live next door to my parents, my dad owns a fully custom 02 GMC ECSB and my mom an 04 GTO, me and my wife have a 01 WS6 and 73 2WD Jimmy thats reciving a 5.3 swap right now, so over here is all about pontiac and GMC hahaha

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun