General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 09:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Finite1
Just saw it.

pretty sweet show.

Team Trans Am reppin for us. That dude does mean business.. he didn't bitch out about having to sacrifice his car during the challenge.. he came to win.

lol @ the Scion bitches losing to the Honda.

no **** when I first saw him hit those yellow polls i was like **** its gonna be destroyed...(not thinking they were plastic) but yea he was definitly the most ***** to the wall when it comes down to it

Originally Posted by orangefun
I really liked how they didn't "team up" with another team. and btw that freakin car jumped hella good on the line when they did the light bulb thing.
I noticed that to... it looked like he was running the 1/4 mile with that launch he did.... it was enough to scare the little lambo guy... with his slipping clutch
Old 03-14-2007, 11:01 AM
Launching!

Default Daughter is single and NOt a chance you gotta watch

Originally Posted by EchoMirage
the blonde scion girl was probably a spoiled bitch who got everything handed to her throughout life. nice piece of ***, but who could put up with her for more then a few hours. and god damn im glad we finally got an all american LS1 some tv coverage!! i LOVE hearing "team trans am" all the time. side note: am i alone in thinking the lambo guys are fart catching pillow biters?

Malsop...i dont suppose you can clue us in on who won? and is your daughter single???
Daughter is very cool! She is single but dating a guy in this forum and he is a ws6 owner as well as a good guy.

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 11:23 AM
Launching!

Default Wow!

Originally Posted by BaddillaK
no **** when I first saw him hit those yellow polls i was like **** its gonna be destroyed...(not thinking they were plastic) but yea he was definitly the most ***** to the wall when it comes down to it

I noticed that to... it looked like he was running the 1/4 mile with that launch he did.... it was enough to scare the little lambo guy... with his slipping clutch
It sounded like someone was shooting the car from the inside. What you didnt see is that was 4:30 in the morning after driving and working for more than 24 hours. 18 degrees outside and fog came in and a slick covering of black ice at the other end of the track which threw us off of the runway. The 6-8 inch dropoff pulled the ABS connector off of the sensor so when I went for the brakes they werent working properly and whoosh into the PVC piping and broke their cameras and equipment, I was able to adjust to it after the crash and finish decently. Trust me there was no one even thinking about the T/A as a contender until the challenge. I wanted to fly under the radar so someone might overlook us in a challenge and use that to our advantage but had to bring the "A" game so as not to have been eliminated. It was incredible.

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
Launching!

Default Well

Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey83
good show... the ta and the nissan are probably the best all around cars in the buch. i laughed when the d-bag with the lambo said he wouldnt race that car lol

anyway, malsop, how the hell would i guy go about getting on a show like this?? im sure theyll tape another one, if they havent started already....
My daughter found the show on Craigs list (web site) in hollywood and signed us up she is a Purdue University graduate as well as a free lance makup artist. I spoke with the people from "SPIKE" tv and they are doing a second season so be on the lookout. The Lambo guys are crazy rich dudes but are serious road rally guys ( and nice people) the lower gears helped the top end so we had them covered on the top. The nissan was on the ragged edge he was adjusting the car constantly. We were bummed they wouldnt let us bring the laptop so we could adjust some of the locked programs for the fuel we were rich and lean a lot. But once we got closer to sea level look out baby!

I cannot tell you how fortunate I feel to have had this chance. I run one of the largest Pontiac dealerships in the US. We have some really cool people here that understand the LS motors and trans very well. Dustin (member here) built a GTO 04 with a turbo under it very nice. Terry Kinslow built the 02 T/A on the showroom floor here at the dealership and it is one bad boy also. So like I said I love this and couldnt be happier to have had the opportunity.

I hope you enjoy it as much as my daughter and I did.

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by bene
Good show.
Thanks a whole lot of fun.

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 11:44 AM
Launching!

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
Just saw the show. That car seems to run prety good. I always love shows that are involved in racing including an F-Body. Good luck Team #09.
Just trying to have fun and enjoy it, Thanks again

mike
Old 03-14-2007, 11:46 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Im gonna be watching the next episode(s) like my life depends on it...(slight exaggeration) nice to get some inside info on the show

I did notice when you got to the turn around it looked like you were off the course but i didnt think it was like you described... good recovery
Old 03-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Staging Lane

yea i dont get spike......i have to wait for it to show up on youtube
Old 03-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Launching!

Default Thanks

Originally Posted by BaddillaK
Im gonna be watching the next episode(s) like my life depends on it...(slight exaggeration) nice to get some inside info on the show

I did notice when you got to the turn around it looked like you were off the course but i didnt think it was like you described... good recovery
Their is a whole lot lost in the show but its only 1 hour long and not enough time to develope things like that. But the show is at least interesting.

Thanks

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

so you were allowed to bring spare rims/tires? did you pack everything in the TA or did you have a support vehicle of some sort?
Old 03-14-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Just found a link on yahoo, thought i'd post it up: http://cosmos.bcst.yahoo.com/up/play...=tv&ch=2099059

It's a good show, will be interesting to see what happens in coming episodes. Loved how you drove the hell out of the TA in the challenge and stuck it to the guys in the Honda, they couldn't drive worth ****.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so you were allowed to bring spare rims/tires? did you pack everything in the TA or did you have a support vehicle of some sort?
I wonder this myself.. I'm guessing the follow camera cars have their extra gear.

I could barely fit 2 245/50/16 tires without rims last I tried, i couldn't even close the hatch.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Pretty cool show, and the TA is badass I cant wait to see how it does, its like seeing a better version of my car on tv, but it kind of sucks when it gets beat up lol, but I'll def be watching the show and hoping you and your daughter come out on top!
Old 03-14-2007, 05:47 PM
Launching!

Default Both

Everything you could cary in the car and a truck would carry the big stuff to the next destination. All the work had to be perfomed by us or you were out.

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

so i guess the F150 had a pretty big advantage as to what they could bring with em
Old 03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
TECH Addict

youd think that, but every shot of the F150, including highway shots, the bed is always empty.
Old 03-14-2007, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Default We put it back

Originally Posted by 98NATA
Pretty cool show, and the TA is badass I cant wait to see how it does, its like seeing a better version of my car on tv, but it kind of sucks when it gets beat up lol, but I'll def be watching the show and hoping you and your daughter come out on top!
Well we rebuilt the car when it returned home. The car was lterally perfect before it left and I replaced a whole lot of stuff to return it to the same condition as I promised my daughter.

Mike
Old 03-14-2007, 06:01 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the show.....ws6 is very nice
Old 03-14-2007, 06:22 PM
On The Tree

def. has my support, dude's one hell of a driver.
Old 03-14-2007, 06:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by malsop
On April 24th the New HPP Magazine will come out it features the T/A (from the show) in an article. I hope it is more factual to the present setup. I have discussed with the editor that we will be doing something with the T/A for another race and he said they would follow the build from start to finish and you will be able to see the results. I think thats very cool!

Mike
Very cool

My sister works very close with HPP and she was telling me alot about this issue. I'll be watching till the end. Im just glad a f-body is in this. It even got my girl hooked.

Sweet trans am and drive hard.

Quick Reply: Support Team Trans Am #09 on SpikeTV's Bullrun