General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

GTO Forums

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
who cares if it's a cop, obviously he wanted some. should have let him have it, not in uniform man can't pull you over.. i race a guy around here who has an old Chevelle SS and he's a cop
+1 Ignorance is bliss!!
Shoulda read him his rights!
You have the right not to brag about a slow car

You have the right to say something nice about the fbody

You have a right to tell me I have a brakelight out,since youll be back there!

I hope I didnt offend any goat drivers....just a little humor
Old 07-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Teching In

I'm on my second GTO now, an '06 and I had an'04. Most of what I have read over on ls1gto.com is usually that people would be better off getting an F-bod if they want to run pretty sweet drag times without alot of headaches. I know there are always those that will put down others rides but that's just how it goes on internet car forums. I think alot of times it is the misinformed/uninformed members of forums that shoot their mouth off. I can completely see where some guy is spouting off about 400hp and 400tq so he thinks nobody can beat him, I've seen it plenty of times. Anyone who knows their car and what else is out there and is somewhat informed will know better than to talk a big game. Hell the smartest guys I know take it to the track to prove their point.

Last edited by Licit; 07-04-2007 at 11:00 AM.
Old 07-05-2007, 02:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 1meantransam
who cares if it's a cop, obviously he wanted some. should have let him have it, not in uniform man can't pull you over.. i race a guy around here who has an old Chevelle SS and he's a cop
Where i live cops pull people over all the time off duty. I've even seen em do it while driving there family car. They just slap a light in the dash and pull you over. I think in Kentucky state cops are pretty much on duty 24/7. Some cops are cooler than others...i got some cop friends who i can do almost anything in front of but this one with the GTO i just didn't trust that well. He is a real *****
Old 07-05-2007, 11:33 PM
teh PuRpL3z

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 98NATA
I guess i just cant stand some of these guys, dont get me wrong a lot of them are cool people and know a lot about cars. But then theres what seems to be the majority of the 04' owners that seem to bash at f-bodys and how they can easily beat us or what not. All the modded 04's go run a stock f-body and brag how they beat it, well no sh*t. Am I the only one thats noticed this??? But please dont get me wrong, i have a lot of friends with goats, and personally i like them a lot, but some of these guys on the forums p#ss me off.
Well, you do have to admit that F-Body owners really took a giant **** on GTOs when they first came out, so there's probably a lot of "payback" in those words.. And hell... if you added 400 lbs to an F-body, and gave it IRS, I'd expect it to be a lot slower too.

You could say the same thing about Corvette owners vs. F-body owners.

Personally I see the merits of all of them.... I love my F-bodies, but my GTO makes a much better daily driver by a long shot.