General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My 1st cop encounter w/ the big ole cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2007, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea I wish I knew his name I will have to try to see him sometime.
Old 03-27-2007, 07:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had an encounter with the cops last night, and I was scared shitless as well about being busted for my LT's, no cats, true duals dumped. Me and a buddy were just sitting at the end of this two lane road with our lights off waiting for a friend to arrive. Yea, it looked like we were racing. Except my buddy next to me has a 6cyl Impala, we were NOT racing. He would blow the doors off me. But anyways cop just came and ran tags and checked liscenses and told us to sit somewhere else. I killed the car as soon as I saw the blues hoping he wouldnt hear lol.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by question
. I killed the car as soon as I saw the blues hoping he wouldnt hear lol.
See I once thought that was good logic. When I got pulled over I turned they key and coasted.

Then I realized, he would probably make me leave first. Sure enough, he waited for me. So the next time I made sure to pull over behind another car so he had to backup and go around for me to even move.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Zymosis
See I once thought that was good logic. When I got pulled over I turned they key and coasted.

Then I realized, he would probably make me leave first. Sure enough, he waited for me. So the next time I made sure to pull over behind another car so he had to backup and go around for me to even move.
Haha, didn't think about that until you said that. And come to think of it, the roar it lets off at startup may draw more attention than just idling lol. But then again, he would have to be a real jerk to pull you over AGAIN, after already letting you go.
Old 03-27-2007, 09:46 PM
Launching!

Most of the cops in my town are pretty cool. My dad was driving his GT500 on the highway a few weeks ago and said a trooper came flyin up on him. He didn't have any tags on the car whatsoever, no front, rear, temporary, and not even inspection. He said the cop pulled along side him and just paced him, and he eventually looked over at the cop and saw him giving the bobbing finger point ahead. My dad said he just shrugged and the cop tried to take off on him, so he proceeded to put a few buses on him. Funny thing was that my dad only dropped it from 6th to 5th doin about 70 haha. Then another time my dad let me drive the 500 w/my brother in law who is a sgt. in our town. We were just cruisin around and we saw a cop coming the other direction so he goes, "PUNCH IT, PUNCH IT". I dropped it from 5th to 3rd and just BLASTED by this cop doin about 80 in a 40 just prayin they would come after us and they didnt even bother. Makes me seriously want to go into law enforcement.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:49 AM
On The Tree

I just tought i'd put a link to my thread of my cam if anyone was wondering what the cop was listen to lol.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-internal-engine/685768-g5x4-idle-clip.html