General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My Z28 was almost stolen.GRR...

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:55 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wouldn't have bothered to put my pants on to shoot them. Like I give a **** if someone sees my boxers/**** when I'm trying to blast their ******* brains out.

I would have shot them just on principle.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rob98LS1
It seems that's how it happeneds most times.. they will scope out a car for a few days or more and see when is a good time to go after the car, or plan out the best way to take it. I've had a car stolen from me before but that's because I really didn't expect it to happen.

When I leave the car while on a vacation or something I will take out fuses, wires, battery, shift **** haha, anything to deter my car from being a prime steal. Also at night I try to block in my car so its not last in the driveway. Small things like that help alot it seems. I'm glad you still have your Z though!
Exactly how they stole mine right from inside my garage in the middle of the afternoon. They scoped it out and knew when I wasn't home because my daily driver wasn't blocking the garage. Best thing is have a kill switch and/or no battery hooked up. Wish it was like the old days when you could take your steering wheel with you and didn't have to worry about a airbag in the way.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Glad they got caught!
Old 03-29-2007, 09:19 PM
Launching!

lock that **** up it doesnt matter if ur out in the country cuz most people know country folks dont lock up **** cuz they are in the middle of nowhere. Glad they didnt get away with ur car though
Old 03-29-2007, 09:30 PM
Staging Lane

I've busted my butt all my life at one step above minium wage and when someone takes, or even worse ruins, something that it took you litterly years to save for, it grips me to no end. Everyone I know kids me because I have spend more money on locks and alarms, etc. than what I am trying to protect is worth. Its not just the thought that they rip you off, but they are actually taking part of your life because you devoted years to get something. I used to live in a real bad area of town and I not only had deadbolt locks on every interior room door, but even on the closet doors. Friends asked me why and I would tell them, "because I would laugh my butt off because they would have to break down EVERY door to find what they wanted to steal". JB
Old 03-29-2007, 11:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
yeah when he called i could feel my bloodpressure rise and i kinda got a little sick. I woulda killed if i'd been there so it's good i was outta town.
hey you ever thought about joining the Army, we could use savages as yourself...personally when I vent I like to imagine me shooting a person, but you know every one is different
Old 03-29-2007, 11:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT
I wouldn't have bothered to put my pants on to shoot them. Like I give a **** if someone sees my boxers/**** when I'm trying to blast their ******* brains out.

I would have shot them just on principle.
hey you too!! We can definitely use you! I like to be proactive with recruiting, we can always use some new meat to the grinder and homocidal people are great candidates for the Iraq Campaign! They will let you run around and shoot people with your ***** out! Some people call this "shooting from really long, with your shlong"

Geez man that is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard though! I just can't believe you guys shut down a chop shop? It is definitely worth while! I chased a truck one night, I think it was some people trying to reposses my sis's car because she didn't pay the note in a few months.....humm?
You defintely did your place a service by getting that dumb *** though! Congrads
Old 03-29-2007, 11:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i guess it's good. I was worried about my car, that's all it's all good now though. i'm not really the military type i'm to lazy most days to make it through basic.lol It takes a special person to do it and stay doing it. if i find anything out on what they get for punishment(if i can even find out) i will update ya guys
Old 03-29-2007, 11:53 PM
On The Tree

You have that sapper tab yet? LOL.

Good to hear things turned out ok. get some new seatcovers or something......something to help cleanse your conscious....and to celebrate!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is a kick *** story. I'm sure everyone will be raving about your dad runnin down the bad guys and bustin up their chop shop ring at the dinner table at Thanksgiving!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Teching In

I have wanted a camaro since i was a kid, and if someone stole what ive worked so hard to get.. man i dont know what i would do... they better prey i never find them. Im thinking about getting Lo-jack installed.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:09 AM
TECH Addict

LOL speaking of seat covers i got a set of T/A charcoal Leather going in when i get home. They didn't get those either Will make the car feel clean again after the unwanted guests got in it.
Old 03-30-2007, 07:46 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 02 Pewter SS
I have wanted a camaro since i was a kid, and if someone stole what ive worked so hard to get.. man i dont know what i would do... they better prey i never find them. Im thinking about getting Lo-jack installed.
Just make a Lo-Jack sticker and slap in on the window like I did.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:27 AM
TECH Veteran

look at it this way, our LT1s are still wanted so its not all about LS1s

that sucks, but your dad did the right thing and it payed off and got their asses off the street.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

While it does suck that you had a scare like that - that's awesome that you were able to expose a local chop ring...you probably saved a few more people from getting their cars yanked.
Old 03-30-2007, 10:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DOUBT IT

Old 03-30-2007, 11:41 AM
TECH Addict

well i'm just glad i still have my baby I guess all the guys are from the Minneapolis/St.Paul area and the building is owned by a guy there also. I guess they were bringing cars from local cities as well as big cities, putting them in boxed trailers and choppin' them at this big shed that my dad followed them to. From our house you can see the shed they were in and i'd seen Semi's parked there and vehicles going in at out late at night from time to time but thought nothing of it. I'm sure this is why they picked that building as the local people probably don't think to much of it. I'm glad that they got busted too so i don't have to worry so much about my car gettin' jacked anymore. at least not from these guys. I mean, i don't blame them as it is a SEXY BITCH but it's mine and i'd be sick if they got it and it was found 2 weeks later chopped to bits. < is what i'd do. Then i would have found out who did it and And if they hadn't chopped it yet and after i did all the above for the inconvenience i'd hop in my car and away

Last edited by Cole Train; 03-30-2007 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by sapper_daddy
hey you too!! We can definitely use you! I like to be proactive with recruiting, we can always use some new meat to the grinder and homocidal people are great candidates for the Iraq Campaign! They will let you run around and shoot people with your ***** out! Some people call this "shooting from really long, with your shlong"
LMAO, thats great

you are soooo lucky you man, i had my GN stolen 4 months ago and its a heartbreaker.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ColeTrains'96Z28
well i'm just glad i still have my baby I guess all the guys are from the Minneapolis/St.Paul area and the building is owned by a guy there also. I guess they were bringing cars from local cities as well as big cities, putting them in boxed trailers and choppin' them at this big shed that my dad followed them to. From our house you can see the shed they were in and i'd seen Semi's parked there and vehicles going in at out late at night from time to time but thought nothing of it. I'm sure this is why they picked that building as the local people probably don't think to much of it. I'm glad that they got busted too so i don't have to worry so much about my car gettin' jacked anymore. at least not from these guys. I mean, i don't blame them as it is a SEXY BITCH but it's mine and i'd be sick if they got it and it was found 2 weeks later chopped to bits. < is what i'd do. Then i would have found out who did it and And if they hadn't chopped it yet and after i did all the above for the inconvenience i'd hop in my car and away
So it does sound like this thing was bigger than just a couple of guys! Good deal!

Yeah, when my car was stolen, I felt so violated. Here in Cali, we're not allowed to shoot someone on your property if they are stealing something. If they did, and I would have caught them ****'s they would have had some 44 mag slugs in them!

I knew that my 383 and Art Carr tranny would be gone, as well as my two tool boxes full of snap on tool & factory service manuals. But when they found it two weeks later, it was just a shell. All the suspension, fuel lines, interior & even glass was missing. I couldn't believe it.

Mad props go out to your dad once again!
Old 04-03-2007, 06:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JB2wheeler
I've busted my butt all my life at one step above minium wage and when someone takes, or even worse ruins, something that it took you litterly years to save for, it grips me to no end. Everyone I know kids me because I have spend more money on locks and alarms, etc. than what I am trying to protect is worth. Its not just the thought that they rip you off, but they are actually taking part of your life because you devoted years to get something. I used to live in a real bad area of town and I not only had deadbolt locks on every interior room door, but even on the closet doors. Friends asked me why and I would tell them, "because I would laugh my butt off because they would have to break down EVERY door to find what they wanted to steal". JB
Man, I totally agree with you. I've slaved and saved every single penny I could since I was 15-16 to get my dream car and if i saw them trying to jack my car, in the heat of the moment, I'd make sure they were away from my car and at least hit em a few times. I don't know if i'd go crazy enough to kill, but yea I'd definately aim for their asses! I'm already USAF so don't try and recruit me! lol thats to whoever mentioned that. That's awesome they didn't get ur car though! Props to dad!