General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

My very first..repair?

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2007, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My very first..repair?

So today when i got home from school i decided to fix the fender flares. It was pretty easy actually. The first thing i did was park the front tires on the garage and the rest of the car was in driveway so i could get a good 9" of working room or so. After that i just took vicegrips and bent the metal so i was able to take out the bolts. After taking out the bolts i bent the metal piece so when i lined up both holes the fender wouldnt stick out anymore. The hardest part was putting the bolts back in since the plastic piece of the fender was so warped, i eventually just used the vicegrips to hold the plastic piece and metal so the holes would line up.

I feel so proud of myself
Old 04-11-2007, 09:32 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,685 Likes on 1,207 Posts

That is what happens when shops lacking in F-body knowledge try to put these cars on a lift. Make sure that people know how to properly lift the car in the future so you don't have to keep fixing that, or worse yet, if they really mess it up the plastic tabs can break off.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I find it hilarious that they have huge things that say, don't lift here... would it kill them to put something up that said "lift here"?

congrats, I fixed mine the same way, one of my plastic tabs is SO close to breaking tho

-J
Old 04-12-2007, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I always warn the shop (when i take it, not very often) and watch them as they set it up to be lifted. Kinda like nagging but it safes the pain of fixing it later and the shop guy saying "i didnt know about that"
Old 04-12-2007, 07:01 PM
TECH Resident

Default lifting car

hi i took a artist brush and wrote NO LIFT on both sides ,it's almost impossible to watch everybody all the time ,,