General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

Geico Ftl!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 06:33 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

USAA FTMFW!!.... 190/month (full liability/collision/comprehensive)... and I'm only 19, clean record, drivers ed classes.

Hell I just had my ins. set to "storage" since I'm tearing the car apart and my adjuster asked what would be done and I told him flat out and he agreed to up my coverage to cover the improvements. My wheels (ZR1's) are covered too.
Old 04-14-2007, 06:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by stangkiller2005
whats AARP?

link?
um...you don't know what AARP is?

American Association of Retired People....i think you gotta be 55 or more.

USAA is also a special club, You must be either miliary, or family of military (or retired military). Then not cancel your policies.
Old 04-14-2007, 09:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts

You may or may not know that GEICO stands for Government Employee Insurance COmpany. They started providing coverage for military and public employees and then branched out to the general public. I believe that government employees still get quite a discount, which means that the non-government people are kind of subsidising the program. I have no problem with that. But don't go for marketing.

62$ month full coverage on a WS6 TA through Farmers. But I'm 50 and have multiple cars.
Old 04-14-2007, 10:06 PM
11 Second Club

first of all who the hell tells there ins company there daily driver is modded?

I use proggressive direct online you have to have a checking account for them to draft the payment from.I have 2 full coverage sports cars and 1 liability and only pay 185 a month but im alot older than you.i saved 50 bucks a month over allstate or nationwide.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i've got full on my Z and my '97 Blazer and i pay $175/ month. But i only have full coverage in the summer. During the winter i pay $115 for full on the blazer and fire and theft on the Z. I'm 23 now but when i was 18 i wanted a Z and they wouldn't cover me. I have American Family by the way
Old 04-15-2007, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1

I use proggressive direct online you have to have a checking account for them to draft the payment from.I have 2 full coverage sports cars and 1 liability and only pay 185 a month but im alot older than you.i saved 50 bucks a month over allstate or nationwide.

I use progressive also, and in fact, I took out some extra custom insurance too.. I think I have like 1800 in custom insurance right now, they automatically have 1000 on there.. so I'm good for awhile. I figure that right there lets them know its modded. Not sure why they would cancel someone.

I had geico before progressive. I dumped them for a lower rate.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:37 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 5_02ls1

I told State Farm that I modded it. They said :
" What did you do? How much did you spend on parts/labor?"
I said :
" Almost $4k in lots of stuff".
They said:
"Give us pictures of it on the car, save all receipts, and we'll cover FULL RETAIL REPLACEMENT VALUE PLUS LABOR" for an extra $20/month.

I Said:
"Where do I Sign??????"
Old 04-15-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Geico NJ rates so

2000 a year for both the SS and the T/A
Old 04-15-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm with Allstate, 23 years old, with no tickets/accidents/claims and I have full coverage, glass etc with a $250 deductible ($500 on glass) and I pay $107 a month for my Z28 and Grand National together, along with my renter's insurance....and I've got a $17K stated value policy on the GN.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:47 AM
TECH Resident

I go thourgh state farm. I'm 21 going on 22 now, and I pay about $135 a month. I loved it when I switched from my 95 Z to my SS, my insurace went down because I had just turn 21. The most I ever paid was on my 95 Z, I paid about $275 a month. They're cool with me modding my car, anytime I do anything, they just ask for recipts. I think that's because my mom (who's policy I'm on) has been with them for 20 years.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:54 AM
On The Tree

i have geico.cost me 1200 a year for full coverage.have never had a problem with them
Old 04-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Old Drag Racer

I've got GEICO but am not really happy with the way they do business. I'm 42, have only had one ticket since I was 17 and that was 8 years ago. Since my driving record looks wonderful on paper and they couldn't add any extra charges because of that they pulled a credit score on me from one of those reporting agencies and said that since I didn't meet their credit standards for cheap insurance I had to pay an extra 20% on top of my regular premium. Yes, I had to sign something giving them permission to do that but they said it was part of of their regular investigative procedures. I protested saying that I wasn't applying for a loan or anything. They responded quickly saying, "Fine, go somewhere else." I'm still getting insurance with them cheaper than with anyone else I found but I just think the execs at GEICO are all ******** to treat people and talk to them like they did me.

Last edited by Smokinstorm; 04-15-2007 at 02:42 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 03:15 PM
Staging Lane

I have a stock 1978 Elky and I just got Classic Car liscense plates and new insurance from Nationwide. The insurance is collector car insurance that says you only drive the car to car meets and shows, etc. I pay $101.00 a year, yes I said YEAR. I told the agent I was going to put a new paint job and bunch of other stuff on it to increase the value of it and that would include a bigger engine. He told me that if I did that, after I had it appreased that the cost would probably drop to about $98.00 a year. I said WHAT!!! He said, well it all depends... JB
Old 04-15-2007, 08:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I pay $1350 a year for the Camaro and the Porsche. The Camaro has fulll coverage, the Porsche only has liability.

You can help lower your premium a decent amount by raising your deductible. It really doesn't make any sense to have a $250 deductible. If you had a $200-$500 scratch, dent, etc, you would be better off to pay out of pocket than to make a claim with your insurer. I'd recommend deductibles of $500 or more if you can afford it and are willing to pay for some damages out of pocket.

Also, alot of these numbers being thrown out can be misldeading, aside from your age, tickets, and zip code, a big expense is your liability limit. I'm sure some people here have state minimum while others have $250 or $500K of coverage.

Last edited by Hoss Ghoul; 04-15-2007 at 08:05 PM.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:56 PM
Teching In

USAA rocks! I have 3 cars with them (99 Z28, 04 Ram & 04 Pacifica), $110 a month for full coverage.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Smokinstorm
I've got GEICO but am not really happy with the way they do business. I'm 42, have only had one ticket since I was 17 and that was 8 years ago. Since my driving record looks wonderful on paper and they couldn't add any extra charges because of that they pulled a credit score on me from one of those reporting agencies and said that since I didn't meet their credit standards for cheap insurance I had to pay an extra 20% on top of my regular premium. Yes, I had to sign something giving them permission to do that but they said it was part of of their regular investigative procedures. I protested saying that I wasn't applying for a loan or anything. They responded quickly saying, "Fine, go somewhere else." I'm still getting insurance with them cheaper than with anyone else I found but I just think the execs at GEICO are all ******** to treat people and talk to them like they did me.
That is now normal business insurance practices. It's kind of like racial profiling in airports now.

The insurance companies take into different accounts the "kind" of people that have more claims. So, what they ASSUME is (and are probably right statistically speaking), that the people with LOW credit scores (sub 650 beacn), cause and are more at fault than higher credit scores.

Obviously this can cause problems, because not EVERY sub 650 credit score is a bad driver, that is just what their statistics are telling them.

MOST major insurance companies takes credit scoring in their formula for preimums, but, depending on the company it will vary on the ratio on how important it is to them.

That's just the way it is...kind of like death and taxes, you gotta do both at SOME point right?
Old 04-15-2007, 10:12 PM
TECH Regular

I hate Geico because they bank rolled the development of LIDAR (Laser guns) used in speed enforcement back in the '90's.
They did it in the name of public safety,but the real reason to give them a reason to surcharge people.
Here's another tidbit..Some of it may be anecdotal,but the majority of people who are 'at fault' in collisions DON'T EVEN HAVE ******* INSURANCE...I've personally experienced that three times..& I had to eat my deductible to get my car fixed..So some irresponsible ******* hits me,deprives me of the use of my car for weeks on end & essentially steals 500 buck from me to get my car back.
The insurance company told me if I wanted my money I would have to take them to small claims court..To which I replied "does the expression 'Blood from a turnip' mean anything?" This is getting to be more of a problem with every illegal immigrant that starts driving.
******* scumbags.
Old 04-15-2007, 10:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I have Geico and really like them.

My local farm bureau quoted me $1550 every 6 months for 500/500 full coverage on the SS (I'm 22 years old with perfect driving record no tickets/accidents) plus $300 for my 1992 Geo Prizm liability only.

I got an unbelieveable quote through Geico and took it.

I pay $500 every 6 months for my 98 SS full coverage and 92 Geo liability.

Not bad for only 22 years old with a clean record.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Launching!

I have Farmers... My 94 Z/28 is $48 dollars a month liability only (it's paid for), my 99 Dodge Ram 1500 is $57 a month, full coverage (100k/300k coverages), and my 05 WRX is $105 a month full coverage, same coverages as the truck.

My 68 Chevelle is currently not insured because I don't drive it, I took it off the road for and engine trans swap in the near future.

I guess I should add that I'm 22, and don't have the cheap 25+ year old discount yet. Clean record for 6 months now!

Last edited by RacnJsn95; 04-16-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:11 AM
On The Tree

State Farm 67.00 a month full coverage for 02 T/A. 500.00 deductable