General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

SOM trans am Vs 09 camaro

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2007, 10:08 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This isn't the 90s... just because a new car comes out doens't mean it'll have recalls. Look at the GTO: what kind of recalls did it have? Uh... none that I know of (GTO guys feel free to chime in) Sure, the engine changed, but I wouldn't call that a recall. New technology is a wonderful thing. And think about it this way: all the stuff they're putting in the Camaro will probably have been used already by some other platform, so things should go smoothly. I'd put money on it
Old 05-06-2007, 10:36 PM
TECH Resident

<siGh>...It's unbelievable how overrated SOM is these days--especially with the f-body crowd who play it up and think it's the greatest color in the world. They think they're mighty special, but they forget that every car manufacturer has an orange color available for every car they make. My SOM bubble was burst a long time ago when I saw that even a 4-cylinder Neon had an orange color, but I guess we're all different. Some people stay delusional and some people are just down-to-earth. Therefore, you know what my answer will be. Go for the 2009 camaro. Look ahead and not behind.
Old 05-06-2007, 10:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CAMARO ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:22 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 517 Likes on 373 Posts

Default Money not an issue??

Must be nice that money is not an issue with anyone. $20k neighborhood for a really nice SOM T/A vs $30k for the '09. If you think you will be able to get a 1st year high performance Camaro for under $30,000 forget it. The dealers will have these babies sky-high.
Old 05-07-2007, 05:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by damon_Z
<siGh>...It's unbelievable how overrated SOM is these days--especially with the f-body crowd who play it up and think it's the greatest color in the world. They think they're mighty special, but they forget that every car manufacturer has an orange color available for every car they make. My SOM bubble was burst a long time ago when I saw that even a 4-cylinder Neon had an orange color, but I guess we're all different. Some people stay delusional and some people are just down-to-earth. Therefore, you know what my answer will be. Go for the 2009 camaro. Look ahead and not behind.

Thats just bcause every other auto maker had to steal or come close to the color.